Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome The Orii- from Deep Space Nine!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome The Orii- from Deep Space Nine!!

Having read a bit about the Orii, I have to say they sound awfully like a bit of a rip of The Pah Wraiths of Deep Space Nine.
    The Orii see themselves as Gods-albeit nasty ones who gather themselves 'in a wall of fire' .
    Awfully similar to the Pah wraiths: Naughty gods from The Celstial Temple turned bad who live in "the FIRE CAVES' of Baajor.
    Orii takes hosts.
    Pah wraiths take hosts. DS9 Ep THE RECKONING.
    Spiritual Missionaries championing the Orii cause ?
    The Vedics of DS9 championing the prophets of The Celestial Temple? (Although the prophets were the good guys?).
    Kai Winn types roaming around Stargate preaching this and that.
    Hmmm........alll just a bit too too similar.

Originally posted by david2708
    Having read a bit about the Orii, I have to say they sound awfully like a bit of a rip of The Pah Wraiths of Deep Space Nine.
    The Orii see themselves as Gods-albeit nasty ones who gather themselves 'in a wall of fire' .
    Awfully similar to the Pah wraiths: Naughty gods from The Celstial Temple turned bad who live in "the FIRE CAVES' of Baajor.
    Orii takes hosts.
    The Vedics of DS9 championing the prophets of The Celestial Temple? (Although the prophets were the good guys?).
    All need now is for one of these Ori to kill the symbiont in Kinsey and take him over, viola...Gul Dukat.
    And Teal'c does resemble Benjamin Sisko a bit.
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

The people from the SGC seem a lot like the people from star trek too. All humanlike n stuff. you would think they could be original

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
        The people from the SGC seem a lot like the people from star trek too. All humanlike n stuff. you would think they could be original
        Sheppard(JoeFlanigan) from Atlantis has naturally Vulcan ears!(Take a closer look) So unoriginal.
        Ps. Have they said whether Orri comes from a particular quadrant of space. Alpha, delta...Gamma?

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
          Well, as Starfleet was a paramilitary organization, that is sort of unavoidable.

But you do have the obligatory alien team member, the obligatory techno-geek, and the obligatory doctors. The characters of Daniel Jackson and General Hammond, on the other hand, were rather different from the Trek formula.

As to the similarity noted above to Sisko, consider that R.D.A. was seriously in the running to portray Sisko... can you imagine how different the series would have been with an actor change like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
            consider that R.D.A. was seriously in the running to portray Sisko... can you imagine how different the series would have been with an actor change like that!
            Wow! is that true?!

i can just see it now, captain Jack O'Neill of the federation space station DS9!

Now thats a show i'd watch!
            "Indeed" - the answer to all lifes questions

Comment

Of course there are going to be similarities. I think the wraith in SG:A are very much like the borg in the Star Trek Universe.
              sigpic

Comment

And keeping with the Trek theme. There was a book and a movie out years ago by Clive Barker called "The Lord of Illusions" in which a character called Nix could enter a persons mind the way Fifth did.

And who starred in that movie: Ent Scott Bakula.
                Last edited by LaCroix; 24 September 2005, 10:14 AM.

Comment

in lost boys sheppard said "artoo please take this off autopilot"

there's a lot of startrek and starwars refs in SG1 and SGA

Comment

i like to think that if they are taking things from other shows, that there probably making it better than it was
                    My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

The book and movie that I cited is of the Horror genre. That's like Dracula meets 2001.

Comment

Yeah, I fell of my couch laughing at what Shep said, ah..-wipes a tear of joy from my eye- good times people! good times...

Still, when i last saw DS9 I noticed the Pah-Wrait hand Orii similarity and almost started yelling at my TV, note:No, i don't have a life...I also quite like some of the SW and ST quotes, makes it more...memorial? LOL

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                          Orii takes hosts.
                          Nitpicking, but I don't think the Ori take over bodies for long periods of time, nor do I think they can. The only human I've seen them control is the Doci, anyone else, they just glide thru for a bit and change them into Priors, more "advanced" humans.

Pryor of the Ori

Comment

I'd kill to see Avery Brooks (The Sisko) on Stargate.
                            Or Louise Fletcher (Winn), or Mark Alaimo (Dukat) or, best of all Andy Robinson (my fabulous Garak).

Well, we've had Colm Meaney on Atlantis and now Tony Todd (who played the adult Jake Sisko) on SG1, so a girl can hope.

FF, more than a bit scared by the idea of RDA as The Sisko...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              Of course there are going to be similarities. I think the wraith in SG:A are very much like the borg in the Star Trek Universe.
                              lol we are wraith, you will be eaten, we will add your biological tastiness to our our, your culture will adapt to feeduse, resistance is wrong
                              im gonna say my name by smilies

i am
                              (leuitenant)
                              (colonel)
                              (john)
                              (emmagan)

i am lt colonel john emmagan

how cool am i

Comment

Working...
                              X