Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galactica has stolen my heart.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica has stolen my heart.

I'm starting to like BSG more than SG-1 now. It's so dramatic and real and every show is a masterpiece. Sure it doesn't have the same backround and universe that Stargate has, but it's only in it's first season. Stargate is stll great in it's own right. It is funnier and the characters have more of a backround with each other, but the potential for BSG is huge. It's refeshing to finally have a dramatic sci-fi show where the drama is first and formost and the science fiction is secondary and only to bolster the drama. Stargate does this too, but I feel BSG's take of it is better. Also, with SG-1's new look and it's new enemy I feel it's forgetting it's past and becoming to surreal and unbeleivable. So for now BSG is my new favorite, with Stargate close behind.
    Signature oversized: Click to view.

I wont say its better then SG or ATL but its sooooo close. Im really loving this show as well. My jaw dropped yesterday night when Boomer shot Commander Adamo...I did NOT see that comming..then they put it in slow - mo and showed Adamo son reaction and everything...it was unbealivable...that will be stuck in my head until the next ep in July/Aug.
    When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
    I miss you.
    Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Icemancmd
      I wont say its better then SG or ATL but its sooooo close. Im really loving this show as well. My jaw dropped yesterday night when Boomer shot Commander Adamo...I did NOT see that comming..then they put it in slow - mo and showed Adamo son reaction and everything...it was unbealivable...that will be stuck in my head until the next ep in July/Aug.
      I was totally taken by surprise too. I was thinking to myself, " No, she didn't just do that! Holy crap." I can't wait for season 2 and I am going to buy the miniseries ASAP. Now if only I could find a really good BSG desktop photo.

P.S.- At Scifi's BSG site they have 11 or so videos that are kinda like behind the scenes things and they even have commentary for a few episodes you can listen too. I really do think that someone needs to make a site for BSG like Gateworld is for Stargate.

Comment

And Grace Park has grabbed the spotlight with her exquisite performance as
        the complex Sharon/Boomer....

Olmos was right..she does have the toughest role......(if not the best one... )
        Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky277
          Now if only I could find a really good BSG desktop photo.
          There are are few wallpapers here:
          Vipertown.net
          It's a new website and there are also avatars and banners available there.
          It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I wouldn't say the show stold my heart or anything, I actuly wouldn't watch it for the longest time because I couldn't sit threw the mini when it aired, then I did watch it once... and didn't care for it much but the Six/Gaius relationship look interesting, then the next episode was the one where she was posing as the "Shelly Godfrey" woman so I had to watch it, and since then i have watched it... I don't know I think it's mildly amusing that that relationship drew me in... LOL
            Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by sharky277
              I'm starting to like BSG more than SG-1 now. It's so dramatic and real and every show is a masterpiece. Sure it doesn't have the same backround and universe that Stargate has, but it's only in it's first season. Stargate is stll great in it's own right. It is funnier and the characters have more of a backround with each other, but the potential for BSG is huge. It's refeshing to finally have a dramatic sci-fi show where the drama is first and formost and the science fiction is secondary and only to bolster the drama. Stargate does this too, but I feel BSG's take of it is better. Also, with SG-1's new look and it's new enemy I feel it's forgetting it's past and becoming to surreal and unbeleivable. So for now BSG is my new favorite, with Stargate close behind.
              I hate to say this, but I'm starting to agree with you on this. At first, I didn't like BSG because it didn't keep with the original premise of the first series, but now, I can see that BSG is a finely woven masterpiece with complex characters, interesting plots, and great imagery and visuals. I love the show. I also love the religious sub-plot. It's great sci-fi too.

SG-1 is moving into bad territory: ascended enemies, Arthurian legends and Merlin, and new people. I don't like what I read for next season. I don't feel good about it at all. I'll give it a chance, but it doesn't look good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                And Grace Park has grabbed the spotlight with her exquisite performance as
                the complex Sharon/Boomer....

Olmos was right..she does have the toughest role......(if not the best one... )
                She's passable most of the time, but there have been times her portrayal has made me wince. A more mature actress should probably have been cast in the role.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                  I hate to say this, but I'm starting to agree with you on this. At first, I didn't like BSG because it didn't keep with the original premise of the first series, but now, I can see that BSG is a finely woven masterpiece with complex characters, interesting plots, and great imagery and visuals. I love the show. I also love the religious sub-plot. It's great sci-fi too.

SG-1 is moving into bad territory: ascended enemies, Arthurian legends and Merlin, and new people. I don't like what I read for next season. I don't feel good about it at all. I'll give it a chance, but it doesn't look good to me.
                  i have to agree as well. i wouldnt neccasarily say i like it better than Stargate though because i am looking forward to next season and the changes to see how it goes, but Stargate has become a bit campy anymore for my tastes, where as BSG has so much drama and tension that i love. with stargate you know they are always going to come out on top and win and things are going to end all happy, but BSG isnt like that. things do get worse for them and it has a very hard, realistic edge about it that stargate has lost. i still love stargate, it is fun to watch and i am looking forward to the new season, but as far as my number one show i would definately have to say BSG now because it actually evokes an emotional response of excitement and suspense that SG-1 just doesnt have anymore. and the cliff hanger for BSG was simply amazing! when was the last time we had a real cliffhanger in SG-1? not since season 4! now that im writing this all out i am realizing i DO like BSG more than SG-1, i hope the changes for next season can reinvigorate it.

Comment

BSG has also found a place in my heart. Its the most original sci-fi I've seen in a long time and certainly the best thing to come out of Sci-Fi since I can remember. The characters are very 3D and realistic and the storylines keep me hooked.
                    Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                      i have to agree as well. i wouldnt neccasarily say i like it better than Stargate though because i am looking forward to next season and the changes to see how it goes, but Stargate has become a bit campy anymore for my tastes, where as BSG has so much drama and tension that i love. with stargate you know they are always going to come out on top and win and things are going to end all happy, but BSG isnt like that. things do get worse for them and it has a very hard, realistic edge about it that stargate has lost. i still love stargate, it is fun to watch and i am looking forward to the new season, but as far as my number one show i would definately have to say BSG now because it actually evokes an emotional response of excitement and suspense that SG-1 just doesnt have anymore. and the cliff hanger for BSG was simply amazing! when was the last time we had a real cliffhanger in SG-1? not since season 4! now that im writing this all out i am realizing i DO like BSG more than SG-1, i hope the changes for next season can reinvigorate it.
                      dunno if I'd SG-1 has become "campy". I mean, I love SG-1 from season 1 to the last season (8). I loved all seasons. Some more than others, but there are very few episodes that I did not like. I love Stargate, Atlantis, the movie, and everything about it. It's great sci-fi. However, that being said, i have really fallen in love with BSG and think it's one of the best series i've seen. I'm really pleased with the characters, the plot, and the whole back story. Even the characters I hate, I like!

If Stargate moves into King Arthur legends, Merlin, and Ascended Orii bad guys, and without Jack and Sam, and a bunch of new unknown peeps in charge of SGC, I'm not sure what to expect and feel "apprehensive" about season 9. If things don't feel like Stargate to me, I might not feel comfortable watching it. It's like X-Files after Mulder left. What's the point without Mulder? Mulder WAS the x-files. No Mulder, no show, IMO. I won't say that about Jack, but I will say, without the Goa'uld, without my fave, Anubis, wihtout Jack, without Hammond, without Sam, and with the new peeps, it isn't the same Stargate, and I dunno what to expect. This will be sorta like a new spin off, IMO, so it'll take time getting used to. I was able to pick up on Atlantis pretty quick, and now I love it, so maybe Season 9 will grow on me, but so far, if BSG continues along in Season 2 like it did in Season 1, I'm gonna prolly like it more than Season 9 if Season 9 is all about King Arthur and Merlin and stuff.

Bah....I miss the good old stargate!

Comment

I definitely prefer BSG to SG-1. The characters seem a lot more real and better developed. There's a real sense of danger too and I could see them killing off any of the main characters. With SG-1 you know that despite how bad things seem for them, the character's won't die (permanently)

Comment

Yeah... I'm going to go right out and say it... straightforwardly, because if I dawdle too much like I tend to, well, I'll end up dodging the bullet and never admit it.

BSG > SG1 and SGA, IMHO.

There. Done, said. Schwabam. Not by much, but BSG in its first season has already bested them for me. In a sense, BSG predates SGA, because the miniseries was more like its pilot than the first episode of the show, to me. It introduced us to these characters and brought them to their first meetings with those they had not yet met and all that good stuff. That's just a random fact... anyway, yeah. I do, honestly, enjoy BSG more than the Stargates; both of which I love, but, you know, yeah.

However, to take things on from another perspective altogether than what others are saying, I will say this -- ironically enough, SG1's new year, if it runs smoothly, might actually take back its title for me as favorite sci-fi show on the air... because Ben Browder is frakking awesome to me. SGA, on the other hand... love it, love it, Sheppard is my idol, but... I just like the other two more by a tad.

The richness in character, the constantly well-written and arc-based stories, the beautiful musical score, the in-depth psychological thrillrides... Battlestar Galactica is intense.
                          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

SG-1 to me is still awesome and when I favor humor over dark and dramatic, SG-1 is the way to go. The character interactions and development is just something that BSG, being new, does not have up to the level of SG-1. SG-1 is good sometimes, and BSG is good at other times, it depends on what you're looking for. There just times when you need some Jackisms to bring your day up.

As for Atlantis, well I really don't like it very much. Hopefully season 2 will be better.

Also, SG-1 takes place now, on our Earth, so there also a connection to it that BSG can't provide.

Bottom line, both are wonderful shows and share the top spot for best scifi television right now.

Comment

I find that I am just totally taken with BSG. Great Drama, great characters, GREAT actors and its Sci-Fi to BOOT WOO HOO

IMHO there is no way to compare any of our faves on Sci-Fi Sg1 is a completely different show with a completely different premise and I still enjoy it for itself. BSG has a different quality that stands on its own as well and I am enjoying it just as much. They are the *Apples and Oranges* of Sci-Fi to me. Both are excellent Sci-Fi shows...but that is where the similarity ends ... I am just estatic that I can come to ONE place and be a *Fangirl* for BOTH!!
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                              X