Jack O'Neill M.A.D. Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack O'Neill M.A.D. Thread

Welcome to Jack O'Neill M.A.D. Thread (= Moments, Appreciation & Discussion)

OK.. everybody else has an appreciation thread, why not Jack ?

For the man who lead SG-1 through it all, you gotta appreciate his sense of survival, he's not the smartest, he's not the strongest, he's sucked at diplomacy but at the end he's the one who bring them home and he never left anyone behind either.

He's simple (howmany times he simplify Carter's technobable?) but complicated, silly (come on ! colonel with yo-yo ? ) but smart (learn latin/ancient in months ) too, funny a lot of the time, but everybody at SGC take him seriously.

One thing for sure, nobody in this galaxy can mock the system lords like Jack O'Neill, that's been said, I'm so going to miss 'that' in season 9. As Daniel would say : "I'm gonna miss that O'Neill moment"

My latest favorite was with Baal in Reckoning 1 :
    Baal : Impudence !
    Jack : No ! Tuna !

Anyway, that just happens to be how I feel about it...what do you think?
    Last edited by L-JADE; 23 November 2006, 10:16 PM. Reason: For changing the Thread's name
    sigpic
    sig.by : lilferret

I completely agree. Jack's wit cannot be matched by anyone and no one can replace him, though I am sure Ben Browder will give it a go. The Jack O'Neill (that two L's) character is one of a kind. I am going to miss his sarcastic wit and complete and utter lack of sublety and charm.

So what's everyone's favorite Jack line? I love the one from Window of Opportunity where he explains the meaning of going nuts to Teal'c.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
    Photobucket

Comment

- That was a waste of a perfectly good explanation.
      - It's just a little weird hearin' that kind of stuff come out of someone so ...... hot.
      - Don't you keep me waiting!
      - It's my sidearm, i swear!
      - Too bad we can't just drive across the galaxy, this thing handles like a Cadillac on the ground.

(uh, there is a thunk thread, but i don't know if thats the same as appreciation)
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson
        I completely agree. Jack's wit cannot be matched by anyone and no one can replace him, though I am sure Ben Browder will give it a go. The Jack O'Neill (that two L's) character is one of a kind. I am going to miss his sarcastic wit and complete and utter lack of sublety and charm..
        He does have oodles of charm, that's for sure. I saw "Rules of Engagement" today and there's nothing like Jack when he is in serious full soldier mode - I WILL miss him so much; a true original. Thanks for all the great memories, RDA.

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson
          The Jack O'Neill (that two L's) character is one of a kind.
          Yes, that's 2 "L's"

*Holds up 3 fingers*

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
            (uh, there is a thunk thread, but i don't know if thats the same as appreciation)
            That would be a definite No!
            sigpic

Comment

Ooh yay! A Jack appreciation thread yay! I may come back just for this!

In the words of Cassie Frasier - he pretends he's not as Smart as he really is
              Sam ; you know if you look closely, they really are horses
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'll join in with you crazy kids. Jack's sense of humor is partly what hooked me into the show. So many classic lines. It was nice to see some of that again towards the end of season 8, he'd seemed so lost for most of it. The scene where he's glad to be interrupted in Moebius 2 was priceless.
                And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                Daniel: Oh! You see?
                Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I also find it hugely funny that Jack (and RDA) are such Simpsons fans, considering how MacGyver is regularly mentioned on that show.
                  And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                  Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                  Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                  Daniel: Oh! You see?
                  Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks

Thunk and appreciation. Some of us can seperate them, some of us cannot. All I know is the damn powers that be are driving me nuts with season 9. On one hand I was thrilled that RDA gonna be in two episodes(YAY!! two more chances to see JacK!) on the other hand it's gonna be danged anoying if I have to buy the box set. and only get two eps with Jack. but I'll have to buy it because he's in two eps.You see my problem here?

Jack withdrawel=schizophrenia

Comment

More often than not Jack lent some lighthearted quirkiness to the group… I wonder who will pick up that mantle? Neither Ben nor Jeff B. seems overly funny. Maybe Daniel’s inner-sarcastic child will be more fully developed?
                      "It moisturizes my situation and maintains my sexy."

-- P. Diddy in an infomercial for Proactiv skin care

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky for Governor
                        More often than not Jack lent some lighthearted quirkiness to the group… I wonder who will pick up that mantle? Neither Ben nor Jeff B. seems overly funny. Maybe Daniel’s inner-sarcastic child will be more fully developed?

He is funny when he gets that way. I loved "Watergate" "I've been hanging out with Jack O'Neill for too long"

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                          Yes, that's 2 "L's"

*Holds up 3 fingers*
                          lol i did not noice that until the 3 time i saw the ep

my newest fave jack quote

Jack- I uh, general jack oniell US air force. How you doing

Daniel –tell them about the future

Jack-um collage football is played on staurday’s. pro on Sundays and there are no fish in my pond, at all were out of fish I think that covers it

Comment

Woohoo ! looks like I'm not the only one who 'appreciate' O'Neillism

As early as COTG, I thought he's so smart to send the tissue box to Daniel in Abydos, as I watched again later-on, I came to think that even if Carter or Mckay or other scientists were there, they wouldn't come out with that simple way (maybe sending a MALP or whatever dohickeys).

The O'Neill moment in COTG, I think was when he looked at Teal'c and ask him to 'Trust me !" and later on saying "For this, you can stay with me"

Ugh... so gonna miss Jack
                            sigpic
                            sig.by : lilferret

Comment

I have alot of Jack quotes I like(hehehe)

-Three days from now....Thats a thursday...Thursdays not good for us(Lost City)
                              -Ya Sure about this,I mean its High School.....*Younger Jack looks away*....Yes go fourth young man(Fragile Balance)
                              -um collage football is played on staurday’s. pro on Sundays and there are no fish in my pond, at all were out of fish I think that covers it(Mobilus P.2)(Great Ep.)
                              -You know,big black cloak,oilly skin,kinda spooky(Fallen)
                              -Could be kinda Screwy(Homecoming)
                              -Hope you like Guieness,sir,Its a great subsitute for....food(hehehe)(Lost City)
                              -Following;You;Still;Not(I loved that part)(Lost City)

I Love RDA and I think that is will be totally different with him gone (I guess thats why they make dvds(lol))But I say he doing it for a good reason so more power to him!

Comment

Working...
                              X