Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who (spoilers for any ep aired in the UK)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who (spoilers for any ep aired in the UK)

So, anyone watch this?

How fantastic! I can't wait until next week.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

I did. Billy Piper can't act. But Ecclestons good as the Doctor.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
      I did. Billy Piper can't act. But Ecclestons good as the Doctor.
      Totally agree about the Billy Piper comment.

Why did it take them so long to push the plastic dummy into the `thing`(can't remember what it was called)? It was relatively easy to do as Rose and the other guy were being ignored, and the dummy was holding the anti plastic syrene. Why didn't they do it straight away?

Other than that I thought it was pretty good.
      The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
      The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
      Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
      Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
      Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

The preview for next week looks good

Dr: The year 5 billion....
        ....welcome to the end of the world!
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Yeah, did you see that last human.

`Look how thin I am` great comedy.
          How does this episode compare to the other Dr Whos? They are a bit before my time, I can only ever remember seeing one episode when I was about 6/7.
          The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
          The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
          Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
          Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
          Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Are any of you (as I am) old enough to remember hiding behind the sofa during the late 60s (I think) an 70s while the Doctor did his thing?

I'm ambivalent about Billie Piper, because she was blinded by the brilliance that is Christopher Ecclestone who was on his usual brilliant form.

I loved that the theme music is the same - the Gruesomes spent the opening credits shouting "it's a wormhole, mummy, is it Stargate?" - and that the TARDIS makes the same noise.

There were also some fantastic comments - that thing about lots of planets having a north made me splurt coffee all over the sofa.

And the Gruesomes spent most of the show being shouted at to shut up because they kept asking when they should hide behind the sofa. I hear Daleks are coming... there is only room for me behind the seating arrangement. The gruesomes will have to fend for themselves.

sigpic

Comment

Blimey this blew me away! It was so nice to see a (good) special effects intense British Sci-Fi show for a change. Billie Piper really impressed me and Eccelston did an amazing job, I can see why some might think she can't act but I think she did a great job and I like her.

Agreed that next weeks episode looks amazing, the things look incredibly alien and the end of the Earth? He speaks about it so matter-of-factly!

Oh and Major Clanger, that "lots of planets have a North" had the same effect on me! There were some great touches.

Did anyone see the extra on BBC Three just now?

Comment

I thought it was ace, although saying that i expected it to be bad lol

Hmmm think i'll wait to pass judgement on billi piper, i mean in her defence the only actor who can really pull of mild constant befuddlement is Keanu Reeves (lol) lest wait until she actually has to act first

best line
                "u say ur an alien, but u sound like ur from the north"
                "other planets have north"

Comment

I recorded the BBC3 thing, because I was on the phone to my mum about Dr. Who. And now I'm all excited to see that the very first Farscape ep is on.

Having been dreadfully disappointed with SG-1 this year, I'm very excited to have this Sci-fi evening to myself.

And bouncing up and down about next week's Dr. Who.

sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed it. I just hope Rose's boyfriend disappears off the face of the Earth so I don't have to see him again.

Comment

I thought Eccleston was brilliant too.

But why did the mannequins have guns in their hands?

Comment

Oh Rose's boyfriend was annoying but when they
                        Spoiler:
                        pulled his head off
                        I thought it was great

Comment

I've just remembered what he used to be in - wasn't it that Channel 5 soap thing?

Hoping we don't have to see him or her mum again - but the Doctor...mmmm he was fantastic.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                            I thought Eccleston was brilliant too.

But why did the mannequins have guns in their hands?
                            All Autons have guns in their hands.(Hands up Doctor Who fans who remember the old ep with dummies coming out of shop windows and blasting 70's shopaholics? ) It's a kinda Auton fashion statement. Stylish but deadly-plus how many dummys normally sport the latest highstreet fashions with an AK47 too? They have to get a blaster from somewhere!

This is the second time I've seen this ep. It was def better on the second viewing. Also next weeks ep looks fantastic.

Also the wheelie bin- first thing I thought was "oh my god it's the Goodies sketch" LOL

Loved the "every planet has a north bit though".

Ah glad to have some more sci fi on-plus the confidential on bbc3 and Farscape afterwards! Sci fi overload!

Comment

+ Eccleston's coat was cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X