This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prometheus needs some work....

Ive been thinkn lately....who would win? the Prometheus or a Ha'tek, one on one. to me, the Prometheus lacks the firepower. THe Ha'tek would shoot huge energy blasts, while the Prometheus shoots, what it seems to look like, anti air guns only. the prometheus even has tough time fighting an al kesh. is this Earths first line of defense? i mean if they made 1000 of Prometheus type ships, could it actually stand up against Anubis MOthership, which was absolutly huge.
    what the Prometheus needs is some kind of Special Weapon. not sure if the ship carries any naquada enhanced missiles. im just thinkn how the Deadilest(dont know how to spell the name, the sister ship) would stand up against 2 wraith ships if they blew up that ancient weapons platform with ease. i hope they have something in store for the Earths ships besides the new railguns. i just think the prometheus is too weak and not enough FIREPOWER to be able to defend Earth.

Spoilers:

The prommy does have rail guns but we know the deadulus(sp?) has been designed with new technology in mind which would be the sheilds, weapons, hyperdrive and whatever else the asgard gave us so maybe the deady would have more of a chance!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I just popped in to agree that Prometheus does need work.
      Spoiler:
      After all the only fully successful mission it has ever carried out was in Lost City!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Given that the Prometheus is the first attempt by the Tau'ri to build a large interstellar vessel, it's expected to be lacking. The Daedelus is basically what they would've wanted Prometheus to have been. Thanks to the Asgard, It'll be far superior then the Prometheus. The Daedelus should be capable of taking on one Ha'Tak with ease.
        Spoiler:
        Life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Stamenet for Hammond the Prometheus Circa TLC could take on Anubis' advance force. which was something like two Ha'tek and an Alkesh.

The Prommie has missiles for anti capital ship work ref: Grace. which could easily be gigaton range. ref: Serpent's Lair, Seige PtII, Fail Safe.
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

the Asgard really piss me off we saved thier Grey little butts and jack would say and what do we get, pass me downs, Damn the asgard should at least give us 4 motherships for cripes sake. I mean how many times did we save thier asses, and how many times did we need thier help and they wernt there for us. But what ever....those grey buggers are cheap little "superior" clones...
            Seems like we got jipped...

Comment

Prometheus has Asguard weapons, shields, and (If they could fix it) hyperdrive. All thats really lacking is power generators capable of fully powering everything.
              sigpic
              I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
              'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
              'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Yes, a Ha'tac vs Promethus, yeah prommie lose. Cause we all kno that Anubis's entire fleet that has been upgraded with semi ancient tech is far weaker than a regualr Ha'tac so the fact that Promethus was able to hold its own and almost be destroyed means a Ha'tac would destroy prommie in minutes.

Ok look...

Anubis updated his entire fleet, his mothership as well, As The Episode Lost City tells us, Anubis Sent hsi entire Fleet. Promethus Met with Anubis's fleet. Just Prommie, few 302's, an a few captured gou'ald ships and jaffa rebel ships. Promethus was able to hold her own, she would of been destroyed, but she held her own and was saved. Anubis's mothership could take out several Ha'tacs, the fact Prommie resisted as long as she did proves that she was more powerful than Ha'tacs, especially since prommie faced AN ENTIRE FLEET of supercharged ships.

Prommie has since then been upgraded, better shields and weapons, now there is no doubt shed give anubis a run for his money if they met again, there is no reason shed fail to destroy an inferior mothership
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Umm, Prometheus couldn't give the whole fleet a run for it's money, but it probally could take on a Hat'ak. Especially with
                  Spoiler:
                  the rail guns that Atlantis gets

Before you judge a person, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, not only will you be a mile away, you'll have their shoes.

Comment

Well with time it could improve....

Comment

I think the Prometheus did pretty well considering how well the first prototypes went down. but as for the asgard not giving us better tech, it's all about what we can handle at our current level of developement.
                      'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by GEWbert
                        Umm, Prometheus couldn't give the whole fleet a run for it's money, but it probally could take on a Hat'ak. Especially with
                        Spoiler:
                        the rail guns that Atlantis gets
                        The rail guns aren't gonna be anymore effective against shielded ships than a regular earth weapon would be (granted they probably will on the show, but they shouldn't)

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
                          The rail guns aren't gonna be anymore effective against shielded ships than a regular earth weapon would be (granted they probably will on the show, but they shouldn't)
                          Railguns might be able to fire projectiles that go fast enough to penetrate sheilds. We know that objects travelling at certain speeds can get through sheilds, like for the weaker sheilds a slow moving object will pass through such as a thrown knife, whereas a more powerful sheild would require supersonic speed to penetrate (such as the one in the upgraded go'a'uld mothership when sg-1 was trying on those super wrist band thingies).

Comment

The railguns would be INFINETLY better than what the Prometheus has now. They just had missles, which, as in Grace, we saw destroyed. Railguns would be infinetly better

Before you judge a person, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, not only will you be a mile away, you'll have their shoes.

Comment

therail gunbs were for point defense ie) shooting down attacking gliders and al'kesh. Mening unsheilded craft.

And for those saying prommie couldn't take a Ha'tak I once again point your attention to TLC.

Hammond explicit states the Prommie is a even match for a couple of Ha'taks and an Al'Kesh. (Anubis advance force)
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                              X