Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion I have had at work today about starships!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion I have had at work today about starships!

Ok, Today some freinds and I where talking. If a Gou'ald Mothership, Asgard "Daniel Jackson", 5 Puddlejumpers, a Super star destoryer, a star trek prometheus class and soverign class vessels all where in the same area who would win?

my own conclusion is that the PJ's would still be the victors becuase of the "glowing jellyfishes of doom"

what is everyone elses thoughts.

edited: 3/24/05

if anubis' flagship was there with the eye of ra, then he would win. but otherwise, i think the prometheus class startrek ship would win... why? because it has regenerative shields, ablative armor, multi-vector attack mode... the sovereign class ship wasn't even able to take on the scimitar without almost dying... although both are still really strong... the hatak wouldn't be much of an issue when you have all those other ships around... one drone weapon from a pj could take it out... but then again, if a pj hit the warp core of the prometheus, then iguess they'd be done for... (cuz pj drones can penetrate shields). and the super star destroyer wouldn't be that crazy because isn't it's main weapon the tie fighter? you can take those out with one good shot... so ya

Comment

Are the PJs on the same team? Then what's the question! Of course they would win. Oh, but a Star Destroyer would win if Thrawn was the captain. If you dont know what I'm talking about, be mystified!

Comment

From what we've seen of the Puddle Jumpers, I don't think it's fair to even include them with the other ships. A single PJ could possibly take out each of them.

And I'd have to know what crew was on those Trek ships. No way Picard is letting a Star Destroyer or Ha'tak touch the Enterprise.

Comment

I'm not sure. Is the Super Star Destroyer the triangle ship or the big planet-blowing-up Sphere? I think its the triangle one. The pj would likely take out the Promethius, sovereign, and the Star Destroyer. It might be a close one between the Asguard and the pj's. The goa'uld ship, well it depends. If its Anubis's with the Eye of Ra, He'd win. If its just a Ha'tak, then he'd probly wouldn't.
          Here's the ranking I'd predict:
          6)Star Destroyer
          5)Sovereign Class
          4/3) Ha'tak and Promethius (I think they are equal)
          2)5 Puddle Jumpers
          1)"Daniel Jackson"
          EDIT:
          6)Star Destroyer
          5/4/3)Sovereign/Ha'tak/Promethius (after taking Antioch's coments into consideration
          2)PJs
          1) "Daniel Jackson"
          Yo no sé.

Comment

If we are talking about shear size, the Super Star Destroyer is a million times bigger than any of the others....I have the comparison chart that shows just about every ship ever conceived, and the Executor class Super Star Destroyer is 17,484 meters long...that's about 57,000+ feet. A Sovereign class is 680 meters.

I wish I could upload the file but it's way too big. I'd be happy to email it you if you want to see it.

OH! I FOUND IT! Here is the link, scroll down and download the left picture...

http://www.st-minutiae.com/misc/comparison.xhtml
            Last edited by PhilM; 24 March 2005, 06:12 PM.
            Embrace your dorkiness.

Comment

I think the PJ's would win hands down. The glowing jellyfish thingys are pretty cool.
              Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

It's hard to compare ships from different created universes. Assuming it's Anubis's mothership with the super weapon that used the 6 eyes and it's Thrawn in the Star Destroyer. The 5 PJ's have a huge advantage in size/manuverability... and unstoppable weapons... oh yeah, they also have an undetectable cloak.
                1.) 5 PJ's (Drones beat an energy weapon any day of the week.)
                2.) Anubis' motherships (That super weapon is very nice.)
                3.) Thrawn's Star Destroyer (He's a tactical genius.)
                4.) Daniel Jackson (Asgard aren't very good with tactics.)
                5.) Star Trek ship (Never were very impressive.)
                Spoiler:
                Life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

1) Puddle Jumpers -- jellyfish of doom are the ultimate weapon
                  2) Asgard Mothership - Anubis Ha'tak -- both end up destroying each other or severly crippling each other
                  3) Goa'uld Mothership -- big and bad
                  4) Starfleet Ship -- Phasers and Photon Torpedoes are kind of weak
                  5) Star Destroyer -- Even weaker weapons

Now if we throw in a Borg Cube then it gets interesting.
                  Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

I dont see how you guys can say starfleet ships and gould ships could beat a super star destroyer:

We're talking about the big one, not the small one.

Comment

But you do have to remember, the SSD is not very manuvarable compared to the othere esp. the PJ's, well as for Thrawn being in command maybe. Well lets add another Star Wars ship to the fold and that is the Eclipse* I would actaully say that all the ships are pretty well matched excpet for the Eclipse becuase it does have the Death Star type laser on it!. Other then that they are pretty well matched, but to me the PJ's still stand out becuase of the cloak and the Glowie Jellyfishs of doom. oh and to answer someones Question. yes lets put the Crew of the Enterprise-e on the soverign.

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled
                        I dont see how you guys can say starfleet ships and gould ships could beat a super star destroyer:
                        Exactly! Good grief, it's like 10 miles long! It would take weeks to blow it up with PJ's!
                        Embrace your dorkiness.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilM
                          Exactly! Good grief, it's like 10 miles long! It would take weeks to blow it up with PJ's!
                          no the SSD was taken out relativly easy in SW: RotJ, But it would probably only take 3 or 4 GJoD to take it out with the PJ's, plus you forget that now Star Trek Starships are also equipped with transphasic torpedoes. (granted they did create them on voyager and they didnt use them on nemisis but i digress)

Comment

Actaully, Lets say that thrawn is in charge of the SSD or the Eclipse Class SD. i still say that the PJ would not have a problem wipping the floor with the other ships. Now if Atlantis was fully armed and had 3 ZPMs none of those ships would last.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianKentel
                              Now if Atlantis was fully armed and had 3 ZPMs none of those ships would last.
                              That goes without saying. Talk about a short fight, even if the other ships ganged up on it.
                              Spoiler:
                              Life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X