No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! I really look forward to reading it!

Oh, the Nox! It's been a while since i've watched that ep. Gotta love the hole on the front of Daniel's jacket.
    sigpic
    Sig by (x)

Comment

Thanks! I can't wait to get some more work done on it (would have already started but had 2 Christmas parties the past 2 nights).

Yep, I bet Sam loved it too

Comment

Happy New Year, everyone!

Anyone read any good fic lately? I've been browsing the Sam/Daniel category in Archive of Our Own. Most of the fics that come up I'm familiar with, but I found a bunch I'd never read before. There was an interesting fic about Dr. Felger messing something up and turning Daniel into a 7 year old, and then he somehow ends up back in 1994. He has to convince the Daniel from back then (who the writer calls "Doctor Jackson") to get involved with the Stargate program to send him back to his own time.

The writer flirted a bit with a Doctor Jackson/Doctor Sam Carter ship, which was nice, although I got turned off because the 7-year-old Daniel says to him "You and Sam...ewwww, gross!" and says that in his time they're more like brother and sister. That kinda put a damper on it for me. But up until then it was an interesting story, lol

Comment

Hey, Jess!

I haven't read anything SG-1 lately so i've got nothing to rec. That story sounds really familiar though. I think i was going to read it once, but decided not to after reading the reviews first. I have a habit of doing that. I think a review mentioned what you said and I thought the best option was to skip that one.

I've never cared for the whole brother and sister excuse.
          sigpic
          Sig by (x)

Comment

Hey, Paradox!

I've just recently been looking for new fanfic. Ah, I just found it again...the title was "Felger, Solar Flares and 1994." I wish I'd read the reviews first, though I didn't really see any on Archive of Our Own (where I first found it). I guess it was it on Fanfiction.net too? Maybe I should've checked there first.

Me neither. It really irks me. I also can't stand all the "ewww, gross" reactions. You'd think S/D had cooties or something *eyeroll*

I just found a nice one that explains away that kissing pic from Resurrection, though (and mentions that famous S/D scene from COTG). It's called "When You Know" by helsinkibaby. Have you read that one before?

Comment

I might have seen it on ff.net since that's where i go most of the time for fanfiction. I use Ao3 too, but not as often.

I know, right?

Mmm, i don't know if i've read that one before. I'll have to check it out and see if i have.
              sigpic
              Sig by (x)

Comment

Oh okay. It seems like a lot of people post on both.

Yeah, and the way they say it makes it sound like it's some insult. I'd question them about it and then they'd backtrack and go "oh but siblings can have great relationships, my brother and I are so close, bla bla blah." I guess people just use it as an excuse to ship other couples. But still, when they say it about S/D it just gets me. I never saw their relationship as such.

I found another nice one called "Dream a Little Dream" by poetheather. It's about Sam dealing with Daniel's death and it kinda implies that she somehow had contact with him while he was ascended. And then when he asks her that question in Fallen, she's able to answer him differently

Comment

Seems so.

I've never really understood that excuse to be honest. Now if you just said I prefer them as best friends, fine, there's nothing wrong with that. But the reason brothers and sisters don't canoodle together is because they're just that, brother and sister. It's wrong on so many levels and that's when you want to say, "Ew, gross!"

That one sounds familiar too! I think i might have read it last year while i finishing up SG-1. I was searching for anything S/D related to read. hehe
                  sigpic
                  Sig by (x)

Comment

Yeah, that just never made sense to me. I don't know what's wrong with saying you just see them as best friends. Maybe people are afraid to say (or think) that because best friends could always turn into more? That's silly, though.

I've been trying to update my website and add some links to new S/D fics, and I found a lot of broken links Neither of the S/D fanfic archive sites are still there. I know Maureen who ran Scientific Minds had told me a while back she was thinking of getting it back up but I haven't heard from her anymore after that. Heck, I'd try to get a fic archive running... not sure what I'd call it, and I'd have to look into whatever programs people used. But I'd love to do it. I think the old Statistical Outliers one is still around somewhere... if it's offline, the Wayback Machine still has it available. I have to look into that.

Comment

Hey again guys, I hope everyone's week has been going well.

I have a request. I've been in a very down mood the past few days due to a death in the family. I opened up my Threads tag fic again (about Jacob's death) because I got inspired but I'm so upset at the moment... can anyone post any feel-good fic recommendations, or even pics? It'd mean a lot, thanks.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Hey, Jess!

Oh, no! I'm so sorry for your loss.

Barely a month into the new year and i can tell you that this year has been lousy.

I'm searching for fluffy S/D fic for you right now and i've just noticed that this fandom has a lot of angst and not so much fluff. How did i miss this? I can't post any pics at the moment since photobucket decided to do maintenance right now and not during a time when i don't need it.

I was gonna give you a pic spam, but i guess that'll have to wait.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by (x)

Comment

Okay, Jess, here are two fics that's not full of drama that are in my favorites list:

Particularity

Surrogate Father Pt. 2: A Father's Day Gift

I'll see if i can find some more later. Maybe then photobucket will be up and running again.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by (x)

Comment

First off, thank you so much for posting that lovely pic, SOTogether! And thanks for the recs, Paradox! I'm feeling a bit better now. Honestly, I didn't think there were so many angsty fics out there either.

I love these sweet fics. I think I read the Surrogate Father one a long time ago, but I only read it once so I'm happy to pick it up again (love Jacob). And that first one was really sweet.

Thank you both so much again! *hugs*

Comment

Hey, Jess!

How are you doing?

I would have posted the first story since Surrogate Father is the sequel to Father Knows Best, but that one wasn't exactly as cheerful as the second one. If i find some time later in the day i'll see if i can search for some more fics.

Also, did you get any snow over the weekend?
                                sigpic
                                Sig by (x)

Comment

Working...
                                X