Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couldn't the Asgard beam a symbiote out of a host?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't the Asgard beam a symbiote out of a host?

Something that I've been thinking about..

Couldn't the asgard just use their matter transporter technology to "beam" out a Goa'uld symbiote from the host independently of the host. I'm sure that it can be modified to do so.

It's something never tried out before it could work but the goa'uld symbiote could release poison to kill the host before being beamed out.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Im not sure but they do have the technology to remove the symbiote without killing the host. Evidence by the episodes revolving around "Thor's Hammer."

Comment

Originally posted by Croatoan
        Im not sure but they do have the technology to remove the symbiote without killing the host. Evidence by the episodes revolving around "Thor's Hammer."
        Well the Asgard can remove the symbiote and leave the host intact as you saw in Kendra. As for the matter transporter... it could work. I'm not sure that suddenly removing something that acts like an organ/immune system would be good for the host though.
        Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

I've got a better suggestion. Do you recall that episode where Thor would protect the planet and that technology that sat at the gate and beemed them in to a cave. You could install one of those things at every gate and easily capture them.

Comment

Originally posted by Oma Desala
            I've got a better suggestion. Do you recall that episode where Thor would protect the planet and that technology that sat at the gate and beemed them in to a cave. You could install one of those things at every gate and easily capture them.
            Yeah, that was Thor's hammer. That was written out because it would have been way to easy to kill a goa'uld that way - then it'd be no fun!

Comment

i don't know if BEAMING it out is possible. Remember the symbiote wraps around the spinal cord, unless the asgard beam can be set to only take the symbiote out, it probally would end up taking part of the spinal cord out too, i'd think

Before you judge a person, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, not only will you be a mile away, you'll have their shoes.

Comment

That's what I'm saying.. I believe an asgard beam could be modified to beam out just the symbiote itself.. it would be so quick that it would not have time to release toxins until it was too late.

Comment

Or they can beam the host away leaving the symbiote.

Comment

Originally posted by Graupel
                    That's what I'm saying.. I believe an asgard beam could be modified to beam out just the symbiote itself.. it would be so quick that it would not have time to release toxins until it was too late.

It seems like beaming a symbiote out of a host would be like taking eggs out of pancake batter.
                    Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Well the initial question was something that I had asked in a previous thread and someone had pointed out the second episode of season 1 "The Enemy Within". Removing the Goa’uld symbiote does not mean that they will be able to remove it out of the mind. So in Thor’s hammer the symbiote is not removed by teleportation rather that killing it. The problem there was that the host had to fight so that the Goa’uld would leave the mind before it died. If the host failed, well he/she would die too. The Tolan used a different method that I think was safer. Even the machine the used during the trial seemed to be able to separate one mind from the other. The were capable to remove the Goa’uld from the consciousness before removing the symbiote so the transference would be complete. On the other hand it might have been the symbiote choice not to remove the toxins since it knew that once removed from the host it would not be killed and thus allowing itself to be removed.
                      . . . .. . . .

Comment

Never happen, as the writers would have little jepordy.

O'Niell
                        OK buddy beam the snake out of Kowalski.

Thor
                        Aye Aye, Sir.

Kowalski
                        Gee thanks guys, that was not fun. Lets kill some Gou'alds, save the Jaffa, and make me the fifth member of the team for nine years.
                        The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

No there is a perfect explanation for the bad removal they did on Major Kawalski.

Remember when the doctor was going to remove the "tendrils extending up and into the brain".. that was the actual symbiote that was the vital part to be removed.. but the symbiote made the host jerk which made the doctor back off and think that cutting away the "dead husk" portion of it would make it go away. Remember that when he made the cut he left the top portion in the host.. that is the part that is actually controlling him! A fatal mistake, obviously.

It's the tendril, teeth, however u want to say it that is taking control of the human. They never cut that part out because of the distraction.

And remember at the end when Kawalski had his head partly taken off by the wormhole.. the head part of the symbiote (which is what they never removed) fell out of his head. So yes, if you beamed a symbiote out of the host in its entiretiy, I think that it might shock the mind at first of the host but it would not kill him or her. It would be a quick and easy way to remove the symbiote from the host.

Comment

no it would not be possible i think because the symbiote is attached to the head and if it was to be beamed out it might take a pieice of the brain with it possibly

Comment

Sure you could beam out the symbiote if the asgard sesors are accurate enough. You'd probably need to have the host/Goa'uld on the ship for it to work accurately enough. I don't think even the asgard could bean something so accurately at say a distance of 3,000km.

Comment

Working...
                              X