Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think there should be a Season 9?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think there should be a Season 9?

Mods, please make this a poll if possible. If not just delete this thread altogether.

Guys, please answer yes or no.... and explain your answer.

My answer is yes! So much has happened in Season 8, I'm more in to the show now the never before.
    Yes
    85.22%
    No
    14.78%

Yes and no.

Yes because... it's Stargate? Crappy reasoning, I know. I've been a Stargate SG-1 fan for so long and I just don't really wanna see it end.

No, because it's just not as good as it was. Back when season 6 ended, I didn't really want to see a Season 7. I didn't really like Season 7 all that much. There were quite a few episodes I wasn't exactly pleased with (Space Race and Enemy Mine basically) and Season 8 has had basically only really really really strong episodes to the very end (Reckoning - Moebius).

So, I'm torn.

I'll be a fencesitter.

But it doesn't really matter because there will be one no matter what we say

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

NOOOOO!!! S7 and S8 were horrorible!!! Let SG-1 end with some dignity!

Comment

Yes definately! it has great potential with all these new characters. RDA is finally stepping aside largely, so the show isnt going to be held back by him and more. the only bad thing i see is that sci fi is still going on a season by season basis instead of given the writers multiples seasons to work with, but i think season 9 has the potential to be the best season since season 6

Comment

Bit late for the show to end with any dignity now, IMO. But I'd prefer it to stop before it gets any more embarrassing. My opinion, of course.

Comment

Nope

Comment

Yes.

There are still a couple baskets full of plots running rampantly untied up that can make wonderful stories. A few examples: Struggle between the various factions within the free jaffa to unify, thousands of years of fighting one another dont just go away. Teal'c as a grandfather, hey his son got married recently and I doubt the jaffa have any birth control .... be interesting plot development for Ryak and Teal'c. Ancients: There is so much still that isnt known about them while Im sure most of the knwoledge will be saved to keep Atlantis going there sstill more then a enough to sprinkle some more into the Milky Way. Other Alien Races and their ties to earth......countless times thor, teal'c or other alien races have given us great ephiponies only after we asked the "right" question....and there are tons of cultures and religious myths they havent even scratched the surface of. Earth: Okay the stargates been operating now going on 10 years.....remember a year prior to the seasons was the first usage...weve been in trouble on the planetary several times......its time for a serious epsiode that deals with the human strugles for peace and the implication the stargate present for humanity as a whole. Charater Relationships: Theres quite a few charachter relationships that are "could be's" that under different circumstances the last nine years would be in deeply fulfilling relationships by now with someoen not neccisarily someone thats insinated.....theres plenty of shippers who want to see that resolved before the season takes its dump. Ascended Beings: While many are tired of the ascend and descend to save your life phenomena that cheapes death recently......there is a wealth of questions however about the others.......theres insinuated that doezens of cultures nad cilvilizations have ascended to this plane and there has got to be a episode at least worth of awnsers for those questions.......Asguard Cloning Reasearch / History......Tokra.......Remaining Goauld.......the list goes on.

There is a whole world out there for more episodes for SG-1 the question is going to be how well written the stories can be when the writters split between two series (atlantis and sg-1).

Comment

Stargate was, in theory, going to end after season five. Then it was going to end after season six. Then after season seven. THEN after season eight. And still it goes on.

In ALL that time, how many plotlines have actually been wrapped up? And if they haven't been wrapped up in allllllllll this time, do you honestly believe that they will EVER be concluded?

Sorry, I don't buy it. All those great, unresolved plotlines are going to STAY unresolved. Haven't you heard? TPTB have these fantastic new ideas they want to explore. I highly doubt they're going to bother with any moldy old dusty plots from seasons and seasons back.

Comment

I'm saying yes, keep it rolling, definately.
                  If the show gets crappy, then I'll stop watching, but even if that happens, I'll still love the bits I've always loved. If TPTB want to keep making it, then so be it, my guess is, even at it's very worst, it'll still be better than some of the cheap crud on TV these days.
                  I'll be sad when it ends & I'll be sad if it gets crappy, the difference being that I know one is going to happen eventually, but for me the latter hasn't yet occurred & may not.
                  I'm quite happy to keep watching.
                  Oy-Vey!!!

Comment

It's become a bit hit and miss, but there is still life in it. I just hope there is some writing rejuvenation.

Comment

Uh......................Yeah.
                      Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

So far it looks like more people want it to keep going on, then NOT. We'll see what the evening owls say also.

Comment

Originally posted by Croatoan
                          Teal'c as a grandfather, hey his son got married recently and I doubt the jaffa have any birth control .... be interesting plot development for Ryak and Teal'c.
                          How many years was Teal'c married? The man is not restrained about his love life and yet, only one son. I think they have some form of birth control.

And I'm against, by the way, on the basis that it's just become very silly. Anyway, 29 is not exactly a statistical universe.
                          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Stargate was, in theory, going to end after season five. Then it was going to end after season six. Then after season seven. THEN after season eight. And still it goes on.

In ALL that time, how many plotlines have actually been wrapped up? And if they haven't been wrapped up in allllllllll this time, do you honestly believe that they will EVER be concluded?

Sorry, I don't buy it. All those great, unresolved plotlines are going to STAY unresolved. Haven't you heard? TPTB have these fantastic new ideas they want to explore. I highly doubt they're going to bother with any moldy old dusty plots from seasons and seasons back.
                            I agree with the fact the plotlines won't get wrapped up, particularly as there's new blood being brought in.
                            It's sad in one sense, as when you're a dedicated fan who does pay attention to the detail in the show, you do feel cheated when something just gets dropped, but I think probably the majority of people who watch the show don't take it all in (& certainly don't come here! ), & so TPTB cater more for the transient audience & the new watchers with new stuff that doesn't require lots of backstory. They've said as much on the DVD commentaries. Even the big wrench got sacked

I wondered initially, when all the changes started to be announced, whether TPTB should have finished SG1 & started with a spin off instead of S9, but then that seemed disrespectful to AT, CJ & MS - 75% of SG1 (the team) is still there, so then why should it be a spin-off? I'm now hoping that the addition of the new characters will inject some freshness back into the show for me. I'm thinking back to when Daniel ascended: I wasn't keen on the thought of Jonas, I liked the show as it was, but actually Jonas being there freshened it up again. He was seeing things for the first time, & I really enjoyed that aspect of his character, his enthusiasm & wonder at what he was seeing & experiencing.
                            I'm hoping the same will be true of Col Mitchell (I don't imagine he'll be anything like Jonas in character , but I love it when characters react to the 'gate & the aspects of "off-world" when they're not used to it). I'm looking forward to a new military character & seeing where TPTB go with it.

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            It's become a bit hit and miss, but there is still life in it. I just hope there is some writing rejuvenation.
                            I'm never sure whether it's me that's got stale, or the writing I see posts on this forum from people who are relatively new to Stargate & have great enthusiasm, so it may be the former. I think any show that runs for years has flat periods.
                            I just wonder sometimes if it's that I'm just too familiar with it all & that's why some episodes feel a bit flat.
                            I am definately looking forward to seeing how it pans out.
                            Oy-Vey!!!

Comment

I totally agree about the poor writing (though they have been better as of late) but ever since season 5 they've been going downhill. Killing off the (most) Goa'uld and Replicators kind of dug the whole series into a ditch as far as where they can go. Introducing new enemies has always been a disaster for SG. Stargate used to be about mythology and original though-provoking story lines and its seems they've strayed from what made them great.

As for seeing the series continue, I couldn't imaginge not having a new SG episode to look forward to and my favorite characters. Stargate has been such a big piece of my life and having it gone would be like the end of an era. Keep Stargate alive as long as possible!
                              Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X