Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis's darkest hour (SPOILERS for Siege Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis's darkest hour (SPOILERS for Siege Part 2)

(SPOILERS in this thread for the season finale, "The Siege, Part 2" ...)

Okay, first of all I want to say that the season finale of stragate atlantis is off to a kick ass start, even thought the wraith are close to the city and the last line of defense is gone. But anyway, I was watching the scifi channel and saw the commercial for the siege part 2 and they say that " Antlantis faces its darkest hour" and that bugged me because I think that the darkest hour was when we steped throught that gate causing the wraith culling to start. What y'all think.
    Last edited by GateWorld; 22 March 2005, 11:00 AM.

Originally posted by michael
    Okay, first of all I want to say that the season finale of stragate atlantis is off to a kick ass start, even thought the wraith are close to the city and the last line of defense is gone. But anyway, I was watching the scifi channel and saw the commercial for the siege part 2 and they say that " Antlantis faces its darkest hour" and that bugged me because I think that the darkest hour was when we steped throught that gate causing the wraith culling to start. What y'all think.
    Actually, we woke the Wraith up when we killed the hive keeper (if you want to get really technical ). In my opinion, stepping through the gate to Atlantis would probably be one of Atlantis's highest moments. Just the thrill and exhiliration of getting to Atlantis in the first place, if you know what I mean.

As for "Atlantis's darkest hour", I would tend to say that the situation the Atlantis team is facing right now (having only seen the first part of Siege) is pretty dire. To the Atlantis population, they're facing the prospects of defeat right now. They know it's doubtful that the defense systems on Atlantis can hold back the Wraith threat. So they are truly on their own against a powerful enemy (not too mention vastly outnumbered). So in my opinion, Atlantis is facing it's darkest hour right now.

Comment

It's definetly the darkest hour for Atlantis, though i bet (and hope for plot sake) we see darker or at least as dark hours

Before you judge a person, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, not only will you be a mile away, you'll have their shoes.

Comment

siege 2
        Spoiler:
        actually if you read the plot in the atlantis section, you will find out that renforcement comes from earth with an array of weapon to defend Atlantis.
        Last edited by Skydiver; 22 March 2005, 12:23 PM.

Comment

It's the darkest hour so far...but it is season one and hours continue to always get darker.
          sigpic

Comment

No spoilers please, michael! I don't even know if that is true.
            sigpic

Comment

Having seen "The Siege part 2", I can honestly say this IS Atlantis's Darkest hour since they got there. Wait till you see it.

-IMF
              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Surely atlantis being attacked by the wraith in a full scale attack is their darkest hour! What could be darker? Also, even if they did hold of the attack, there' thousands more hive ships out there, they're in some really big poo!
                WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

Comment

atlantis's darkest hour will be when the wraith are surrounding the solar system with 60 hive ships, no back up in any form, no power, running out of ammo for the p-90's, no drones/ PJ and mckay,shep,teyla, super-ford, wier, becket, zelenka are dead!
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

actually if you read the plot in the atlantis section, you will find out that renforcement comes from earth with an array of weapon to defend Atlantis.
                    Ever hear of
                    Spoiler:
                    SPOILER TAGS?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

WELL technicly its not its darkest hour, but darkest 4 days
                      Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                      McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by MylesSGC
                        Surely atlantis being attacked by the wraith in a full scale attack is their darkest hour! What could be darker? Also, even if they did hold of the attack, there' thousands more hive ships out there, they're in some really big poo!

Ok you know there is going to be a season 2 so the writers will bring in some hoses to wash that wraith poo off. I was reall disappointed spiloer:when the space station weapon was destroyed so quick I mean it was at full power you would expect there would be shields of some kind just one shot and bam its gone. Oh well

Cant wait till Friday its gonna be a BBQ baby...a Wraith BBQ that is...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkdreams
                          Mmm...Baaarr-B-Quuuee
                          Attached Files

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Darkdreams
                            Ok you know there is going to be a season 2 so the writers will bring in some hoses to wash that wraith poo off. I was reall disappointed spiloer:when the space station weapon was destroyed so quick I mean it was at full power you would expect there would be shields of some kind just one shot and bam its gone. Oh well

well it took tonnes of its, both hive ships just layed into it, and i think they only managed to charge weapon cause they rerouted ALL power to the weapon to make it fire
                            Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                            McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Hope I did this spoiler stuff right:

Spoiler:
                              I was quite disappointed with the plot of part II, in particular, who believes O'Neill would have sent a j*ck*ss like that military type. Not only a weak plot device to generate non-believable conflict with the regulars, but stupid in that he ignored assets. However, McKay's dialog about this was funny.

And can someone tell me why the wraith don't snack on the people they kill in combat? I still think as villains they belong in a horror show, but if you're going to have horror show villains, at least use them that way.

One vote for having Teyla change her haircolor from that unflattering red.

Comment

Working...
                              X