This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreams

i have lots of really strange dreams, and i was wondering whats the strangest dream you have ever had? The kind when you wake up in the morning you spend all day thinking about it and trying to figure it out.

True Love! <3 True Love! <3

I had a dream once about watching a plane crash into the woods behind my house. It was so realistic that I spent all of the next day worrying every time I heard sirens.

That probably isn't exactly what you meant, but it's all I can think of at the moment.

Comment

My dreams usually are the same, but they're pretty odd.

-Falling endlessly is natural for me, because its the only nightmare I get.
      -Peter Pan is not a cool dream to be in!
      -Being in SG-1! *WHY DID IT END?*
      SAM: Mayborne, you are an idiot every day of the week, why couldn't you of taken one day off?

JACK: What can possibly be in my eye that could explain this?

Comment

Most of my dreams- or at least the ones I remember- are nightmares. It's no fun at all. Especially in instances where, for example, my young nieces are in danger and I can't do anything about it.

I'll have to check and see if I've written down any of my curiouser dreams...

Comment

I have lots of dreams where you are standing there talking to someone, and in your mind you think they are one person, but they actually are someone else?? Like, for instance, (not that I dream bout these guys!) I could be standing there talking to whom I believe is Jack... I will be calling him by name and everything, but he will look just like Daniel. I always hate those dreams where you wake up and try to tell someone about them but they make no sense... they made complete sense in your head but when you try to describe them, words can't even describe them because they are so ridiculous.
          Lexa

AWW Tartersauce! - Spongebob Squarepants

Comment

I have celebrity guest appearances in some of my less horrific dreams. Twice now, I've dreamed about talking to the lead singer of a hugely popular band... except I'm not sure who he is. I mean, in the dream, I know he's that guy, but I have no clue what his name is!

I also once dreamed that my mother was giving David Duchovny a haircut(!!). Thing is, I don't even like him! Why can't I dream about celebs that I LIKE? Or that I can at least name? And hopefully something more interesting than a haircut.

Comment

I find it so frustrating when i am trying to run in my dreams i can't. It's like running through water you can't seem to get anywhere.

I had a dream that me and Charlotte church were about to hold a séance, it was so strange. Lol

True Love! <3 True Love! <3

Comment

Last night in my dream, I got to take a bath with SG-1. I'm not making it up, it was after a mission or something, and we were all embarassed to take off our underwear. Even Sam was there....and she was all wet.
                "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I once dreamt that Paul Mullie was coming to dinner... I'm deadly serious

Comment

Oh yeah... I remember one dream where I was at a party and TPTB were there and someone was showing the video from The Ring and I was in an absolute panic trying to get them not to watch because I knew it'd kill them all, but typically, no one was listening to me.

It's interesting to note that at that point in time, I was actually concerned that they might die.

Comment

Had a dream last month, saw Joe Mallozzi at a bar. He told me how hard they'd all been working that Atlantis was a lot of hard work but the two-hour premiere looked fantastic (lots of cool special effects!) He said all their wives were threatening to divorce them because they were never at home, so they were going to have to bring in some new writers.

Dream!Joe told me that they also thought the Atlantis uniforms weren't that great but there was nothing they could do about them now. Maybe they could make some changes later.

Dream!Joe also said that it had taken some time for the Atlantis cast to gel, they didn't have the chemistry from the get-go like the SG-1 cast, but it was getting better.

Dream!Joe said nothing about the 8th season of SG-1. (probably reflecting my subconscious fears that they're spending all their time on Atlantis and not paying any attention to SG-1! )

So, I'd never had a dream about the show before and do I dream about an intimate encounter with RDA or MS or CJ or CN?! No, I dream about chatting with Joe Mallozzi in a bar. *sigh*
                      Last edited by keshou; 28 May 2004, 06:07 PM.
                      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Question. I notice the trendy thing these days is to put an exclamation point between words like "Dream!Joe" to signify a descriptor or whatever... but WHY do people do it? What's the significance of the exclamation point? Why not just "DreamJoe" or "Dream-Joe" or something like that? The ! throws me off every time I see it because I keep thinking it's supposed to be actual punctuation. Silly of me, I know.

I had a dream about Daniel and Jonas once. I was living with Jonas and Daniel came over to visit while Sha're was getting ready for some kind of celebration/ceremony they were going to offworld. Jonas was off getting ready for our date or something and... let's just say Daniel and I ended up on the couch. Which, considering I'm a huge Jonas fan was actually kinda horrifying. Even in the dream I knew I preferred Jonas! Argh. VERY upsetting. And yet... it's Daniel.

One of my more apocalyptic dreams involved an alien delegation coming to Earth to offer treaties/negotiations. Except the ****ing US government got twitchy and shot down the ambassador's ship and the righteously pissed off aliens declared war on us instead. I have a clear "memory" of standing in my yard watching the alien ship hover over the ocean, unleashing a torrent of plasma onto the pitifully outmatched Coast Guard cutters underneath it and boiling away the ocean. My sister and her family (who live next door) came over to hide with my mother and myself and I knew it was pointless, I knew it was only a matter of time before we were all killed. And I couldn't even really blame the aliens for what they were doing, it was the US's fault!

Then there was the dream where I was in London with my nieces when nuclear bombs started to drop.

I had another dream about a plane crash. I was watching it try to do a loop-de-loop but it misjudged the distance and crashed nose-first into the pond.

I also had a dream that while on the set of Final Destination the crew didn't manage to clear the equipment off the tracks in time and a train came along and crashed into it. Although that one was based on genuine fears, at least. They really WERE set up on "live" tracks and they were running late, but they still cleared off in plenty of time before the next train went through.

I need more happy dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Question. I notice the trendy thing these days is to put an exclamation point between words like "Dream!Joe" to signify a descriptor or whatever... but WHY do people do it? What's the significance of the exclamation point? Why not just "DreamJoe" or "Dream-Joe" or something like that? The ! throws me off every time I see it because I keep thinking it's supposed to be actual punctuation. Silly of me, I know.
                          Interesting...I've never even seen that before. Maybe you're ahead of the times and I will soon start seeing/noticing it soon.
                          "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

You don't wanna know what most of my dreams are about. Well, acyually, you probably do. But, I'm not gonna tell you anyway

Moving on to some of the less um...well, you know...dreams. Once, I had one different dream once every night for a week about Stargate following exactlythe same storyline.

Okay, get this. I was an interdimensional being who was living in both this reality where Stargate was a TV program and another where the Stargate was real. In this reality, other interdimensional beings had planted the show for me to watch. In the other universe, I got daily flashes of what was happening in this reality. So, I'd watch the show, here and then get that knowledge there and save the day. I started off with Kawalsky as a goa'uld. I knew and got him locked up until we could contact the Tok'ra a year later who removed it.

Then, it went to TBFTGoG at te end of season 1 and I saved that universe and them convinced Kinsey that there was a serious threat to Earth and blew up the goa'uld mother-ships heading for Earth with the rest of SG1. Oh, didn't I tell you, I was the 5th man of SG1.

Then, ItLoD, when Sam got Jolinar. I took Jolinar in me before the ashrak could kill her and went to the Tok'ra world. We sorted out a short term alliance and they found a host for Jolinar and I became myself again. Then, straight after, they called me up via Stargate and asked me to take Sel'mak for a while. I did so and convinced Sam to get her Dad to take a scan, they found the cancer and Jacob took Sel'mak off my hands, well spinal cord.

The funny thing is that I can remember it all. Probably because I know the Stargate story-line already so it was like a reminder. It was really freaky and for about a day, I became convinced that, at any moment, I would receive an update from the other reality. Of course, I never told anyone when I did. I mean, no, I never got it and I was um...really disappointed. Yeah, that's believable.
                            Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Well I'm all about being trendy, ya know??

It seemed to start in fanfic world where people started describing cliched characterizations as Action!Jack, etc. I meant is as sort of a sarcastic nod to Dream!Joe being kind of a cliched version of the actual Joe.

I had a dream about Daniel and Jonas once. I was living with Jonas and Daniel came over to visit while Sha're was getting ready for some kind of celebration/ceremony they were going to offworld. Jonas was off getting ready for our date or something and... let's just say Daniel and I ended up on the couch. Which, considering I'm a huge Jonas fan was actually kinda horrifying. Even in the dream I knew I preferred Jonas! Argh. VERY upsetting. And yet... it's Daniel.
                              You're obviously subconsciously more attracted to Daniel than Jonas and clearly in denial about it. Thank you, that will be 100 dollars. (Aargh, must get new keyboard where dollar sign works!!)

One of my more apocalyptic dreams involved an alien delegation coming to Earth to offer treaties/negotiations. Except the ****ing US government got twitchy and shot down the ambassador's ship and the righteously pissed off aliens declared war on us instead. I have a clear "memory" of standing in my yard watching the alien ship hover over the ocean, unleashing a torrent of plasma onto the pitifully outmatched Coast Guard cutters underneath it and boiling away the ocean. My sister and her family (who live next door) came over to hide with my mother and myself and I knew it was pointless, I knew it was only a matter of time before we were all killed. And I couldn't even really blame the aliens for what they were doing, it was the US's fault!

Then there was the dream where I was in London with my nieces when nuclear bombs started to drop.

I had another dream about a plane crash. I was watching it try to do a loop-de-loop but it misjudged the distance and crashed nose-first into the pond.

I also had a dream that while on the set of Final Destination the crew didn't manage to clear the equipment off the tracks in time and a train came along and crashed into it. Although that one was based on genuine fears, at least. They really WERE set up on "live" tracks and they were running late, but they still cleared off in plenty of time before the next train went through.

I need more happy dreams.
                              No kidding! What the heck are you eating before you go to sleep??

Of course after reading this thread last night I dreamed the two-hour premiere of Atlantis. It was very boring, but the visual effects were excellent!
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X