This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wraith...After Seige III

OK So there has been lots and lots of discussion concerning how the Atlantis crew is going to defeat the Wraith hive ships which are currently attacking Atlantis. There has also been lots of dialogue on what can happen during Season 2 regarding finding new races, the Asgard showing up, etc. But what about the Wraith??

I think its obvious that Atlantis beats them back...but that's only 3 hive ships which still leaves plenty more ships full of hungry Wraith. I assume that the ships would have been reporting their status to the rest of the "fleet" so I'm sure the other ships will know what has happened.

I find it impossible to believe that the Wraith will automatically send the rest of the fleet because then every episode of the second season would be SGA fighting the Wraith over Atlantis. So...Here's some scenarios I came up with:

-Wraith are stunned by SGA's victory and spend most of the season trying to regroup.

-Wraith simply continue culling as usual and another few ships will eventually attack Atlantis again.

-A lack of food forces the Wraith to hibernate again.

-A lack of food causes a Wraith civil war over planets with humans.

-A new race/enemy appears who wipes out the Wraith.

What's your theories?
    Do mine suck? LOL

Food. With so many wraith awakened there is going to be a fight over food.

Comment

ditto.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

My theory is that after Atlantis wins in "The Siege, Pt.3" the Wraith are going to back off suddenly, and things are going to be very quiet and very creepy... at least for a little while. Remember - they are in no particular hurry to beat us because they believe they can do it with the flick of a finger. IMO they are going to bide their time and cull more until the sheer number of them that are awake cannot be supported by the food supply currently available. They are not expecting and probably have not ever seen a ship capable of intergalactic travel in 10,000 years. They know little of the new occupants of Atlantis except that they are resilient and formidable... and there are billions of them. After seeing something very incredible (like the Asgard beam weapon that is rumored to be on Daedalus, for example) they are going to re-evaluate things then return in a staggeringly large number when food is clearly their biggest problem.

Comment

Hopefully enslaved by an uber-race - 'the sleeping enemy'
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

It is unlikely that the wraith will be constantly attacking atlantis in season 2, however there must be more going on for them to leave altogether. The wraith clearly see us as inferior so even with a victory for us what would force them to leave atlantis... I mean look at seige part 2, they more-a-less have the city.

1)something from the seige 3 that humans do freaks out the wraith, basically they leave because they suddenly fear something about us.

2)Something new is discovered in pegasus, a new (possibly older) enemy, which results in:
            a)wraith taking their full force to fight that enemy
            b)the wraith are forced into aligning with us to fight the enemy

In either case, or however it goes down, the wraith are going to be shaken due to events in seige 3.

Comment

The Wraith are too sophisticated to fight for food amongst themselves as a collective whole. [when the Wraith cargo ship crashed, the Wraith were unable to hibernate and as individuals, began to feed upon others]

When the food supply runs low, the Wraith hibernate.

Comment

If the "sleeping enemy" shows up, it will most likely be because Atlantis is active and for no other reason. This thought is because the Wraith have ruled Pegasus for millenia without any oposition so they can't be the reason for the new enemy. I also think the Wraith will go back to biding their time. I don't see why food is a problem, the Wraith could simply go back to sleep. If they fail enough times to take Atlantis, they could conclude this is their best bet in the long run given their livespans.
                'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                  I don't see why food is a problem, the Wraith could simply go back to sleep. If they fail enough times to take Atlantis, they could conclude this is their best bet in the long run given their livespans.
                  I disagree. I know I put this scenario forward in my first post, but it really couldn't work. Let's say the go back to hibernating....Now that Earth has a semi-reliable means to communicate/resupply with the SGA team Earth can get anything they need to them.

Once they get some nukes and stuff hunting dozens of sleeping hive ships would be like shooting fish in a barrel. Since the US has several thousand nuclear warheads they'd have plenty of ammo.

Comment

I want to see a Wraith warlord or other character like a Goa'uld villian character. It's been a whole season and we've never had a Wraith with a real name yet.

The curator of the feeding grounds from sci-fi's website would be an awesome character for example.

In my opinion though they should have set up the keeper, or some other Wraith that would have taken her place, as season 1's villian and reversed Shep and Ford's roles in that last part of Rising. Ford would have been the one that was forced to kill Sumner but in my version he would also have been forced to leave the Keeper alive/failed to kill her. Trying to settle that score would have given Ford's character something worthwhile to do for the entire season, and since he wouldn't have other stuff to worry about we'd be able to do a proper in depth study on the hatred that comes from one of our guys (as opposed to the alien athosians) loosing a person to the Wraith. It could also have moved him closer to Teyla thus leading to development for both characters and causing a possible slight division of loyalties. Ford could also have been the advocate for some of the other cultures we see that take extreme measures to go against the Wraith, since he understands their hatred on a personal level while the others don't.

Comment

Just a question if the wraith are as technologicly advanced as the ancients wouldn't it be cool if they just started construction on thier own stargate and the atlantis team had to go on the offensive to stop them from making it to earth on thier own? I mean the wraith spy from the Seige ep.I could have just downloaded location info on earth and sent it back the other colonys.

Comment

Its not likely that the wraith could build an intergalactic stargate, due to the fact they wouldn't have the extra control crystal to allow the 8th cheveron to lock. Unless they manage to jury rig some kind of DHD which does allow such a feature (i.e. the earth gate can dial 8th cheveron addresses, because its not a DHD, and I'm assuming that gates in the MW also usually lack the ability to dial otrher galaxies without the extra crystal). But they'd still need to know what commands the crystal sends to the stargate to allow it.

Also its unlikely that wraith posses the power devices to allow a gate to dial another galaxy, else surely be they're ships would be fare greater (i.e the deadleus with its Asgard hyperdrive, was able to get to atlantis is 4 days, rather then the 1 month it took orginally when boosted with a ZPM).

Comment

With reinforcements and better weapons, the Atlantis team will probably be taking the fight to the Wraith in Season 2, similar to what the Genii want to do.

As for the Wraith themselves...we know that they need more food than is available in the Pegasus galaxy at the moment, so i'm betting that there'll be some internal combat over food (fueled by everyone's favoirite intergalactic recon team). We'll probably be introduced to some kind of Wraith leadership group or a supreme ruler (the ultimate Keeper).
                          They're not going to hibernate again. Not only would they starve, but it just wouldn't make for good entertainment.

Comment

Ok well tell me this exactly what do the wraith do thats so technologicly advanced to put them on par with the ancients? Seriosly....... they can be killed with conventional gun fire, thier ships can be destroyed with conventional gunfire, they can't seem to fly anywhere very fast, they can't leave the galaxy thier in with the ships they have. Outside of their numbers what makes them more of a threat than the goa'uld? I mean thats the premise that we're all working on right? So far i don't see the threat outside of the atlantis crew.I'm just saying if one earth made ship and like what 50 people in a busted city can fend off two wraith ships which is just an assumtion on my part not having seen the seige part 3 then the wraith aren't that big of a threat. My point with asking woudn't it be cool if they built thier own stargate is that would show that they're really smart and that would be a scary threat outside of the fact that there are alot of them shtick.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatsu3
                              Just a question if the wraith are as technologicly advanced as the ancients wouldn't it be cool if they just started construction on thier own stargate and the atlantis team had to go on the offensive to stop them from making it to earth on thier own? I mean the wraith spy from the Seige ep.I could have just downloaded location info on earth and sent it back the other colonys.
                              They dont know the gate address
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X