This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
    Anubis would have gone to Atlantis (he had ZPM:s) and started upgrading his 30+ Ha'taks with Ancient drones and other fancy tech.

He would probably move Atlantis to the Milky Way the second he found out about the Wraith.

Then he would crush the Asgard and rule two galaxies.

Yep, he certainly would have. He would have had some great technology to use, and he wouldn't lose any battles.

He wouldn't stop at two galaxys, he'd keep going.
    __

__

Comment

Of course he would, he's a Goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
        Of course he would, he's a Goa'uld.

True, but despite this fact, some do ahve to question his Ancient 'abilities' to a certain degree. He can't know everything
        __

__

Comment

No but he knows more then everyone else that we know of. Daniel has already said Ascension doens't make one all-knowing, but he'd probably had access to alot of information and learned where all the fancy Ancient tech was located in the galaxy.

So he'd be able to adapt alot of the tech. And the Ancients left manuals behind for poor McKay to read

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper
            Of course he would have destroyed The Furlings.
            Not the furlings! Even the mighty anceintified Anubis couldn't stand up to the ewoks of the gateverse!
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

well okay maybe it wouldve rejected him, maybe not, maybe he wouldnt even be physical enough to activate it at all, or maybe he wouldnt be evolved enough to retain the information without it ultimately killing him...again... who knows...
              i don't think he would've gone to atlantis because i think he would've exhausted the power supply before such a thing happened. then again, he doesnt really need ancient tech to wipe out earth, he has plenty of stuff already. i dunno too many unknowns to really be sure.
              i still don't think the ancient machine would've accepted him.
              and even if it did, i dont think he wouldve bothered with atlantis.
              though if he did, here's a question, how would he stand up to the wraith with limited power supply? and it's not as if he can fit his ships through the gate. i don't think he would've done too well in atlantis, and for that matter, i dunno if he could've been able to tango with the wraith. plus nothing in atlantis would work without him running around everywhere, i dont think any of the jaffa could work any of the ancient technology due to symbiotes. so anubis would have to run around the city turning things on.
              Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
              Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
              Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
              Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

What if Anbuis couldn't use the tech, but he found it first. I think he'd take it, and put it on 'safe' guard, yet I'm sure SG-1 will beat the defense, as always!
                __

__

Comment

He would have found new ways to kill and/or enslave people. What else would a goa'uld?

Comment

It's possible that Teal'c was rejected by the device not because of the symbiote, but because he did not have the "magic gene" (the explanation given was probably just a guess anyway, since this was before they discovered Atlantis) and that Jack did. The second time he activated it was after Frozen and Abyss where he had received a Tok'ra symbiote in order to cure the disease he had, and then it took control for a while. Because of this, it's likely that the device would not have worked if it detected the symbiote signature. Otherwise, Teal'c might have been able to use the device, since he no longer had a symbiote at that time (Changeling).

The point is that despite Anubis being a Goa'uld, he is also part Ancient, and that part should be able to use the technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Fun Ball
                      It's possible that Teal'c was rejected by the device not because of the symbiote, but because he did not have the "magic gene" (the explanation given was probably just a guess anyway, since this was before they discovered Atlantis) and that Jack did. The second time he activated it was after Frozen and Abyss where he had received a Tok'ra symbiote in order to cure the disease he had, and then it took control for a while. Because of this, it's likely that the device would not have worked if it detected the symbiote signature. Otherwise, Teal'c might have been able to use the device, since he no longer had a symbiote at that time (Changeling).

The point is that despite Anubis being a Goa'uld, he is also part Ancient, and that part should be able to use the technology.
                      part ASCENDED not ancient, they're two different things! people keep mixing them up. and that's a good theory that it only reacts to the gene and not the symbiote, but who knows, it could very well be either. and nobody is saying teal'c couldn't have used the advice, jack just made a split second decision to go do it again (besides he already knew what he would be in for).

Comment

Heh, ok, part Ascended. Still, I believe that would allow him to use any (or at least most) of the Ancient technology.

Comment

Heh, ok, part Ascended. Still, I believe that would allow him to use any (or at least most) of the Ancient technology.
                          i dunno, its tough to say since he never got the chance to. i still think his goa'uld half would've interfered with it somehow.

Comment

It's possible that Teal'c was rejected by the device not because of the symbiote, but because he did not have the "magic gene"
                            Theory doesn't work becuase it was about to work for Danny in TLC before jack pulled him away.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                              Theory doesn't work becuase it was about to work for Danny in TLC before jack pulled him away.
                              whose to say daniel doesnt have the gene?

Comment

Ancient Tech has a mental component. If you are pure energy, you don't have a brain that the tech can interface with.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X