Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1. #1
    Lieutenant Colonel Anubis's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,435

    Default If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    This topic contains spoilers!




    OK, so Anubis was destroyed at the end of season seven, by the weapons of the Ancients. Earth beat Anubis to the head-grabbing thingy just by a few minutes but what if Anubis got the technology before Earth? What are your ideas or suggestions on what Anubis *may* have done with the technology?

  2. #2
    Second Lieutenant petzke_42's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Cle Elum, WA
    Posts
    372

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    He would've tried to kill everybody.
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

  3. #3
    First Lieutenant veneticuss's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Prague / Czech Republic
    Posts
    920

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    Of course, and also conquer other galaxies
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"


    Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

    All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

  4. #4
    Lieutenant Colonel Anubis's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,435

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    Apart from the obvious, it would have been interesting to see what Anubis would have actually done with those powerful weapons. Obviously, Earth would have been destroyed but how much of a fight would they have put up. Promethus would have never withstanded Anubis' ships

  5. #5
    Lieutenant Colonel DJFavorite's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    3hrs South of the Stargate Universe
    Posts
    3,494

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    This topic contains spoilers!




    OK, so Anubis was destroyed at the end of season seven, by the weapons of the Ancients. Earth beat Anubis to the head-grabbing thingy just by a few minutes but what if Anubis got the technology before Earth? What are your ideas or suggestions on what Anubis *may* have done with the technology?
    Perhaps he wouldn't have been able to do anything with it. Perhaps is was only for the defense of Earth and can't be removed without destroying it. Perhaps he would have never been able to use it against Earth.
    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)


  6. #6
    Staff Sergeant
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    If Anubis had gained access to the weapons, it would mean that Jack did not, meaning that the invading fleet would not have been destroyed right then, and Prometheus would have collided with the command ship as planned (and likely have made a rather large dent in that ship). After about ten minutes, the battle over Antarctica would have been lost and everyone underground would have either been killed or captured, especially Jack. Now, it's possible that Anubis might not know how to use the weapon, but with Jack's knowledge, he'll figure it out, and probably find the Lost City. He will then depart for the Lost City, leaving behind a few ships to secure the planet (possibly leaving Herak in charge), and after gaining the much sought after technology, he will easily wipe out the System Lords.

    On the bright side, Jack would have been cured and won't die from an overloaded brain anymore, heheh.

  7. #7
    Lieutenant Colonel Anubis's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,435

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    I'm sure Anubis would have done something evil, but even if he didn't get the tech he maybe could of captured Jack and made him tell where the Lost City was

  8. #8
    First Lieutenant SGSlugger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Caladan
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    Would Anubis actually stick his head in or what? He has some of the Ancient's knowledge already.

    It would have been an interesting turn of events.

    Besides, how do we actually know that there are more weapons stashed, aside from the automated defense mechanism? That wasn't Atlantis (where they suppossed are), that we the outpost.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

    Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

  9. #9
    Staff Sergeant gate traveler's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    Would there have been enough tiny glowing squids in the ancient's outpost to wipe out Earth?

  10. #10

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    Of course he would have destroyed Earth and the System Lords, nad afterwards possibly the Asgard, Nox, and Furlings. Those would make some cool space battles.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'."

  11. #11
    Second Lieutenant kodamawu's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    296

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    actually i don't think he could've done anything with it, first of all we don't know if he knows how to read ancient. second of all, if you remember from the first time we encountered the archive, it didn't grab teal'c because of his symbiote, therefore anybody with a symbiote (jaffa and goa'uld alike) wouldn't have been able to access the archive even if they wanted to. and like thor said, even if they managed to extract the information, they have to deal with "a haystack of infinite proportions."
    but... in this case earth wouldn't have had much luck in being able to fend off the invasion, the prometheus and the 302 squadrons wouldve gone up against all of anubis' ships, put up a good fight, the prometheus would've attempted to do a suicide run on anubis' ship and probably would've failed. earth would've been invaded, and we would've all been enslaved or killed.
    meanwhile kinsey would've run off to the alpha site, raped dr weir (the hot one), and raise kids with his twisted ideals, and there goes the future of the human race.

  12. #12
    Lieutenant Colonel Anubis's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,435

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    Quote Originally Posted by kodamawu
    actually i don't think he could've done anything with it, first of all we don't know if he knows how to read ancient. second of all, if you remember from the first time we encountered the archive, it didn't grab teal'c because of his symbiote, therefore anybody with a symbiote (jaffa and goa'uld alike) wouldn't have been able to access the archive even if they wanted to. and like thor said, even if they managed to extract the information, they have to deal with "a haystack of infinite proportions."
    but... in this case earth wouldn't have had much luck in being able to fend off the invasion, the prometheus and the 302 squadrons wouldve gone up against all of anubis' ships, put up a good fight, the prometheus would've attempted to do a suicide run on anubis' ship and probably would've failed. earth would've been invaded, and we would've all been enslaved or killed.
    meanwhile kinsey would've run off to the alpha site, raped dr weir (the hot one), and raise kids with his twisted ideals, and there goes the future of the human race.


    Ah, but that's IF Anubis has a symbiote. It may have died when he tried to ascend and the only way he can survive now is in a protected form by wearing his cloak cover thingy!

  13. #13
    Lieutenant Colonel Ugly Pig's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Oslo, Norway, the Tau'ri.
    Posts
    3,263

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    Ah, but that's IF Anubis has a symbiote. It may have died when he tried to ascend and the only way he can survive now is in a protected form by wearing his cloak cover thingy!
    What do you mean? Anubis is the Goa'uld symbiote, but now in a half-ascended form. But that probably means Goa'uld-rejecting tech would not be capable of rejecting him.

  14. #14
    Lieutenant Colonel Anubis's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,435

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly Pig
    What do you mean? Anubis is the Goa'uld symbiote, but now in a half-ascended form. But that probably means Goa'uld-rejecting tech would not be capable of rejecting him.


    Don't worry piggy, I wrote it out in the wrong way. Thanks for the 'typo'!

  15. #15
    Lieutenant Colonel aAnubiSs's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Malmo, Sweden
    Posts
    4,297

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    Anubis would have gone to Atlantis (he had ZPM:s) and started upgrading his 30+ Ha'taks with Ancient drones and other fancy tech.

    He would probably move Atlantis to the Milky Way the second he found out about the Wraith.

    Then he would crush the Asgard and rule two galaxies.

  16. #16
    Lieutenant Colonel Anubis's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,435

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    Quote Originally Posted by aAnubiSs
    Anubis would have gone to Atlantis (he had ZPM:s) and started upgrading his 30+ Ha'taks with Ancient drones and other fancy tech.

    He would probably move Atlantis to the Milky Way the second he found out about the Wraith.

    Then he would crush the Asgard and rule two galaxies.


    Yep, he certainly would have. He would have had some great technology to use, and he wouldn't lose any battles.

    He wouldn't stop at two galaxys, he'd keep going.

  17. #17
    Lieutenant Colonel aAnubiSs's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Malmo, Sweden
    Posts
    4,297

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    Of course he would, he's a Goa'uld.

  18. #18
    Lieutenant Colonel Anubis's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,435

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    Quote Originally Posted by aAnubiSs
    Of course he would, he's a Goa'uld.


    True, but despite this fact, some do ahve to question his Ancient 'abilities' to a certain degree. He can't know everything

  19. #19
    Lieutenant Colonel aAnubiSs's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Malmo, Sweden
    Posts
    4,297

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    No but he knows more then everyone else that we know of. Daniel has already said Ascension doens't make one all-knowing, but he'd probably had access to alot of information and learned where all the fancy Ancient tech was located in the galaxy.

    So he'd be able to adapt alot of the tech. And the Ancients left manuals behind for poor McKay to read

  20. #20
    Major Crazedwraith's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    2,658

    Default Re: If Anubis Gained The Tech... {spoilers, Lost City}

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper
    Of course he would have destroyed The Furlings.
    Not the furlings! Even the mighty anceintified Anubis couldn't stand up to the ewoks of the gateverse!

    Banner By JME2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lost City, Part 2 (722)
    By GateWorld in forum SG-1 Season 7
    Replies: 299
    Last Post: January 15th, 2020, 08:32 PM
  2. Lost City, Part 1 (721)
    By GateWorld in forum SG-1 Season 7
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2019, 07:38 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: July 28th, 2004, 10:33 AM
  4. Anubis' Fate? (SPOILERS)
    By anubis3355 in forum Stargate SG-1
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: June 21st, 2004, 12:19 AM
  5. If Lost City had been the end...(spoilers LC)
    By zebrok in forum Stargate SG-1
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: June 9th, 2004, 12:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •