This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what if replicators come to atlantis

what if anubis tells the replicators to go to the pegasus galaxy and try and get atlantis to use against us or gets wraith and replicators to come to our galaxy
    http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/i...forum=atlantis

unless im mistaken anubis does not have any control over the replicators...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkdreams
      unless im mistaken anubis does not have any control over the replicators...
      yeah anubis has no control over the replicators at all

Comment

Daniel has control.

Comment

To paraphrase McCoy:

"They're dead, Jim."

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

what if anubis tells the replicators to go to the pegasus galaxy
            Yah Anubis != Replicators. Even if they did then the city would possibly defend itself against this threat like it did to the nano virus.
            Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
              To paraphrase McCoy:

"They're dead, Jim."
              or are they? they are still out there after all

Comment

Yeah, they're still in other galaxies, just not the MW. And how would Anubis travel intergalactic distances without the Asguard? How would the Wraith? And also in 'Threads',
                Spoiler:
                Anubis cant do anything, because Oma is now fighting him.
                JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                LANDRY
                : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                Mmm... Green...

Comment

Anubis has no control over the replicators. Then again, the replicators are all destroyed, unless the writers decide to bring them back. However, I doubt that since The Reckoning effectively ended that story arc.
                  Spoiler:
                  Life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
                    Anubis has no control over the replicators. Then again, the replicators are all destroyed, unless the writers decide to bring them back. However, I doubt that since The Reckoning effectively ended that story arc.
                    the weapon could not have been as effective as people think, wiping out every replicator. the weapon sent its energy wave to every stargate in this galaxy. bu any planet that the stargate was in use, the stargate was buried, or the replicators were far enough away from the planet, like in hyperspace, would not have been destroyed, plus any replicators left in Ida would still be around. it safe to assume that most if not all were wiped out in this galaxy because replicarter most likely called all of them to the final battle at dakara, but there are still some left in Ida definately, and all it takes is one to have been left behind somewhere on some planet with out a stargate, to start the whole thing over again in this galaxy

Comment

How about this... what is the possibility of the Replictor technology being reengineered as a weapon for our use? I wonder if the Asgard ever researched such a thing... (Perhaps they never did it before because it was likely the real replicators could easily take over such technology, but considering they are gone, and never even were in the Pegasus galaxy (as far as we know to this point ), there would be no need for such concern.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceDickinson
                        How about this... what is the possibility of the Replictor technology being reengineered as a weapon for our use? I wonder if the Asgard ever researched such a thing... (Perhaps they never did it before because it was likely the real replicators could easily take over such technology, but considering they are gone, and never even were in the Pegasus galaxy (as far as we know to this point ), there would be no need for such concern.
                        the replicators are too dangerous to mess around with like that. even reese, who created them, lost control. the replicators just must be completely wiped out to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by !Ancient!
                          what if anubis tells the replicators to go to the pegasus galaxy and try and get atlantis to use against us or gets wraith and replicators to come to our galaxy
                          Okay, I hate to do this, but I'm gonna...do you have any concept of what the search function is for? This thread is redundant five times over. Do you have any idea how many posts there have been regarding replicators in Pegasus? I'd say, since the summer, probably 6-10 posts on this subject, or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

Second, why is this important? What makes you think Anubis can control the reps? What makes you think the reps will make it to Pegasus? All of the human-form replicators have been destroyed, as far as we know, so they have no knowledge of Atlantis. Face it, they're dead and I for one am sure glad. They were annoying metal bugs. Could there be any left in other galaxies? Possibly, but since we're only concerned about our galaxy, Pegasus, and possibly Ida (where Asgard live), who cares if there are reps elsewhere?

Could they get to Pegasus? If there are any left, sure, it's a possibility, but who says they'd be a threat there? With the Ancient tech at their disposal, a genius like McKay, and a powerful city-ship,they could mop the floor with the reps. Also, what makes you think the Wraith would tolerate such an annoyance? The Wraith have advanced bio-tech; this tech might be immune to Replicator feeding. If so, they'd wipe the reps from Pegasus.

There will be crossover episodes between SG-1 and SG-A, but I don't ever see the reps coming back or being recycled to Atlantis. That would be like coming out and saying "Hey, the Wraith suck as bad guys and we're so un-creative, we decided to bring back a lame SG-1 bad guy to spice things up!" What a sorry excuse for an SG-A plot if that happens.

A better idea: Have ascended Anubis go to Pegasus to control Atlantis and have him battle the Wraith, take over a Wraith, or fight Atlantis. They use that device from "Hide and Seek" and capture Anubis and finally end the Anubis saga for enternity.

Comment

I think JM recently mentioned that the replicator story was only intended for one season but it proved such a hit with fans that they decided to carry on for few seasons but I think it's pretty clear they finally want to move on so the chances of them coming back are very small.
                            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
                              Originally posted by Wass
                              I think JM recently mentioned that the replicator story was only intended for one season but it proved such a hit with fans that they decided to carry on for few seasons but I think it's pretty clear they finally want to move on so the chances of them coming back are very small.
                              They may still have to deal with them in other galaxies and the Asgard will be interested in wiping them all out so that they can never be a threat again.

Nevertheless, it seems unlikely that they will return
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X