This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats enough!!!! the anti jack/sam shipper

i hope for the sake of the show that that little embrace while jacob was dying is as close as it gets. if things progress between jack and carter it will ruin the show
    Last edited by TheGreatLordGeorge; 14 March 2005, 08:36 AM. Reason: title

Yeah, I have to agree.

*ducks*

I'm kind of a Sam/Jack shipper, but the show... The show!

... You might not like one specific scene in Moebius Part 2. You might wanna look away... That's all I'm saying...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

If thats really how you feel, I dread to see what you think after Moebius!!!!!

-JK

Comment

WELCOME! Always glad to see a fellow anti-shipper. There's an Anti-Sam/Jack thread in the General Discussion, it shouldn't be too far back since I recently brought it back to rant abou Threads.
        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

you know i have to agree too. im not an anti shipper, i was always neutral on the issue, i didnt care one way or the other whether they hooked up one way or the other, it was always done tastefully and in small bits, but after watching "Threads" im seriously against the whole idea. "Threads" was a really good episode, but it could have been an amazing episode except for all the shippy crap. this is Stargate! Science fiction! not soap opera! a little bit as an under current is ok because it adds to the character development and creates some amusing moments, like the kiss in "WoO". also the way she treated pete was so cold, i was appalled. i know there is no easy way to do a break up like that, but she was actually upset that he wasnt destroyed and threw is understanding back in his face. i know a lot of people didnt like pete but he was a really sweet understanding guy and willing to adjust and make a lot of changes for her, and he deserved better treatment than that. anyway thats my 2 cents, i really hope this is the end of shippiness of this degree, it ruins the show.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
            you know i have to agree too. im not an anti shipper, i was always neutral on the issue, i didnt care one way or the other whether they hooked up one way or the other, it was always done tastefully and in small bits, but after watching "Threads" im seriously against the whole idea. "Threads" was a really good episode, but it could have been an amazing episode except for all the shippy crap. this is Stargate! Science fiction! not soap opera! a little bit as an under current is ok because it adds to the character development and creates some amusing moments, like the kiss in "WoO". also the way she treated pete was so cold, i was appalled. i know there is no easy way to do a break up like that, but she was actually upset that he wasnt destroyed and threw is understanding back in his face. i know a lot of people didnt like pete but he was a really sweet understanding guy and willing to adjust and make a lot of changes for her, and he deserved better treatment than that. anyway thats my 2 cents, i really hope this is the end of shippiness of this degree, it ruins the show.
            I didn't really pay much attention to the Sam/Jack stuff in threads.

I was concentrating on Daniel, Jacob, Anubis, Oma, and Pete

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

There's already an anti S/J ship thread. You guys might find more sympathy there: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=314

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                I didn't really pay much attention to the Sam/Jack stuff in threads.

I was concentrating on Daniel, Jacob, Anubis, Oma, and Pete
                Me too.. except for Pete. Everytime I saw Jack/Sam/Pete I thought "ok back to the diner please, and hurry! We got only 90mins, don't waste it!"

About Jack/Sam relationship.. I don't really care, the writers do as they see the best.

Comment

Ok
                  While everyone has a right to their opinion, think about it this way.
                  The s/j ship over the past 8 years didn’t really show that much in exception of a few awkward moments between them. That very ship was what helped Stargate draw a bigger audience (females). While I’m a big Sci-Fi fan, I have to admit I enjoyed watching those two. I don’t believe this will ruin the show since Jack (RDA) is out from the series with an exception of a few quest appearances that he will eventually make. As for Sam (AT) well she just had a baby and I believe that this will be her last season as a regular. What a better way to end it? As for the SG universe, it will go on as far as it can. New cast will join and new ships will be created. I believe that the writers, in exception of my issue with the timelines (I have posted quite a few posts about that in other threads), have done an exceptional job keeping the interest for people with many different tastes. It is that ship that helped it grow a little bigger audience than what normally a sci fi series would have and honestly I believe it helped develop the characters much better than just seeing them doing just their thing (going out exploring, killing, saving the world). What kind of an ending for Jacks’ character would it be to have him retire eventually growing up and dying a lonely man?

Spoiler:
                  I can’t wait to see peoples reaction to Moebius as to s&j
                  . . . .. . . .

Comment

The shippy portion of Threads was the end for me.

The two of them have zero chemistry. Sam's once likeable and respectable character is now pining and mooning over her boss and she looked like a complete twit this last week. AGAIN. How many, "Sir, I was going to say... I need to tell you...." **insert googly eyed look, hearts, and teddy bears here** scenes do we need?

It seems that we can go along just fine for whole seasons sometimes with wonderful stories and character development and twists and turns and excitement and then all of a sudden this ship crud comes out of left field and gets crammed down our throats and I don't want to watch the show anymore.

Jack doesn't have to retire and die a lonely old man. He's got friends - and maybe the perfect full circle ending to the show would be to have him get back with his ex-wife if people really feel the need to shove romance into everything.

Comment

The final scene of Threads was the most emotional moment i've ever seen in Stargate. The only thing awkward i've seen in the episode was the lady O'neill was sleeping with and Sam's former fiancee. Everything else was perfect. Every Scifi has a love story you doody heads. Almost every story ever written does.

Comment

Originally posted by farstrider
                        The final scene of Threads was the most emotional moment i've ever seen in Stargate. The only thing awkward i've seen in the episode was the lady O'neill was sleeping with and Sam's former fiancee. Everything else was perfect. Every Scifi has a love story you doody heads. Almost every story ever written does.
                        yes a minor subplot love story/interest is fine, but when the love story overshadows the real story and is done so crappily that it ruins the characters then that is a bad thing. they need to save all the sappy romantic crap for Lifetime or Hallmark channels, this is Stargate, Sci Fi, so lets stick to the sci fi.

Comment

We have an Anti S/J thread specially for this sort of thing. Come on in, pour yourself a vodka, and gripe and grumble away with the best of us

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                          X