No announcement yet.

So was TJs baby....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The baby died and went to heaven along with the people that died on the planet.

Comment

My guess is that the people that came back on the shuttle were clones. If the aliens can manipulate theyre minds that much and make clones and shuttles maybe it was some kind of test. I still think the real people are on the planet and everything in TJ's dream was true. Everyone knows how badly Rush wanted to hang around and meet those aliens. Wouldn't it be possible now that they can steer the ship he may want to turn around and find out who built the planet. Maybe the reason they made everyone think they were all dead is so they keep on theyre mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
        I think lying to the crew and not letting them grieve is not a good idea.
        ^This. If Destiny had any sort of understanding about the human psyche at all it wouldnt have strung TJ along with this fantastical story of Carmen being whisked off to another planet by benevolent aliens. Loss is part of the human condition and grief is the natural response to loss. Denying the greiving process can be extremely psychologically detrimental.
        Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Ponytail writes: “If they are all dead now, either the baby is too or it was never there.”

Answer: Considering Caine had no knowledge of baby Carmen, the latter theory seems to hold more weight.
          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...n-eight-games/
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Unfortunately, the baby is a goner. But I like how it was dealt with. At first, they leave this big question about the baby - is she really dead or not. And now, when we pretty much know the answer, it seemed less tragic.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, and that's not the only mystery they ruined... I liked that those guys chose to settle on the planet-builder eh, planet. We could discuss and imagine what had happened to them a long time after the show is gone, or who knows... They could have used it for a spin-off or novels or fan-fiction, but nope. We couldn't have that. They wasted them on getting Destiny another shuttle cause the writers were too lazy to solve it in another way: How about the parts of the ship that are still unexplored? Or the seeder-ships? Yeah they're unmanned, but the ancients would be pretty shortsighted, if they couldn't imagine a problem like this...

"Hey Aetos, there's cheap financing on Besmari-class shuttles... You think we should get some spares?"

"Don't be silly Tanis! These shuttles are practically crash-proof. Besides according to plan, the expeditionwill join the Destiny when its halfway there in 300.000 years, and as long as you change the oil it'll be as good as new then! You just finish up here, and in the meantime I'll go to the Ancient repository of knowledge, and file all the paperwork on this, our greatest feat ever! Yup, going to file it away reeeal deep in there, since its so important. Waaay in the back, kilometres from prying eyes, along with our oldest and most obscure records, so it doesn't get deleted by accident or something!"

Comment

I'm not sure that the baby storyline is over with. I think that there's still a chance it could still have been transported and perhaps taken by the aliens and they're going to raise it or experiment or something like that. I wouldn't have a clue why they would take it, but there was no definite answer in this episode. I guess it's more likely that it was a simulation, but it's hard to tell because the crew from Eden's memories have been wiped. Perhaps my imagination is going off on a tangent - aliens raising the baby doesn't sound like an SGU thing to do, but would be very interesting.
                SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
                SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
                ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
                Spoiler:
                *beep*
                Young: "What the hell was that?"
                Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                  Destiny definitely knows how to take care of the crew; it's a smart ship.
                  Seems something weird for an "Ancient" ship to do. They don't strike me as the religious-type (as opposed to the Ori) or to worry about the Afterlife, so why is the ship designed to mislead people? I would have thought it would have been confused by TJ's reaction more than anything since it was programmed by the "ultimate" Atheists (they eventually became their own Gods, pretty snazzy accomplishment)

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                    I don't think all of them could have been already dead as it goes against what we see at the very end of the visitation episode in which the last colonist alive pleads for help and a blinding light envelops everything, Had they been months dead what happened between that time and the time they appeared near the Destiny?
                    Yes I thought of the time factor, too, as you mentioned. perhaps the planet building aliens found them dead(frozen) and were able to re-animate them as with the frozen bodies wouldn't be decomposed.(Including Val who was killed by the tree). Maybe the obelisk recorded the shuttle and Destiny's coming and going-I don't know it is still open to interpretation. But I agree with you the time is a problem if we assume Caine was still alive when the light(aliens) showed up. I do think the baby is likely dead, though.

Comment

Originally posted by vszulc View Post
                      Yeah, and that's not the only mystery they ruined... I liked that those guys chose to settle on the planet-builder eh, planet. We could discuss and imagine what had happened to them a long time after the show is gone, or who knows... They could have used it for a spin-off or novels or fan-fiction, but nope. We couldn't have that. They wasted them on getting Destiny another shuttle cause the writers were too lazy to solve it in another way: How about the parts of the ship that are still unexplored? Or the seeder-ships? Yeah they're unmanned, but the ancients would be pretty shortsighted, if they couldn't imagine a problem like this...

"Hey Aetos, there's cheap financing on Besmari-class shuttles... You think we should get some spares?"

"Don't be silly Tanis! These shuttles are practically crash-proof. Besides according to plan, the expeditionwill join the Destiny when its halfway there in 300.000 years, and as long as you change the oil it'll be as good as new then! You just finish up here, and in the meantime I'll go to the Ancient repository of knowledge, and file all the paperwork on this, our greatest feat ever! Yup, going to file it away reeeal deep in there, since its so important. Waaay in the back, kilometres from prying eyes, along with our oldest and most obscure records, so it doesn't get deleted by accident or something!"
                      You know I do kind of agree with you in a way I was hoping maybe we might find out later on.............(maybe in some later incarnation of Stargate) that there had been a civiliation on the planet(or village), I was hoping that the returning Caine, ect weren't really Caine but maybe some aliens in disguise like they were thinking at the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOnion View Post
                        transported to the planet only to die of gunshot wounds a few hours later? That's what I like to think.
                        No. I think the Ancients helped the baby ascend. T.J.'s vision happened after the crew had died. Its a time thing.

Comment

No. I think the Ancients helped the baby ascend. T.J.'s vision happened after the crew had died. Its a time thing.
                          Could a baby ascend? I thought a big part of it was the whole "release your burden" thing? What burden does a baby have... the load in its diaper?

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
                            Could a baby ascend? I thought a big part of it was the whole "release your burden" thing? What burden does a baby have... the load in its diaper?
                            Remember the "Stargate: SG-1" episode "Full Circle"? An Ancient did help an entire civilization ascend. How many babies were on Abydos?

"Oma Desala was able to help the Abydonians ascend." ~ Stargate Wiki

Comment

So more guessing games..... Was it a vision, or the ship....

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
                                Seems something weird for an "Ancient" ship to do. They don't strike me as the religious-type (as opposed to the Ori) or to worry about the Afterlife, so why is the ship designed to mislead people? I would have thought it would have been confused by TJ's reaction more than anything since it was programmed by the "ultimate" Atheists (they eventually became their own Gods, pretty snazzy accomplishment)
                                Computer glitch. There are holes all over the ship. It got hit in the head by something.

Comment

Working...
                                X