Favourite Moments/Quotes, etc. from 'Visitation'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    Yeah, most of mine have been listed. Blah blah Chloe/Greer and Chloe's failed goodbye to Eli were win blah blah.

Now that thread title needs more than a simple "Moments/Quotes" thingie... Favourite Moments/Quotes/... Crunchy Muffins. No. Favourite Moments/Quotes/BAG Reference. Favourite Moments/Quotes/Greer Being Awesome. Favourite Moments/Quotes/Nonexistent Ginn Reference. Favourite Moments/Quotes/Hypnosis?!?
    Then you should have been here to make your snappy titles
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I agree with AndSoItBegins on this one. Including the goosebumps.

The Chloe and Greer scene was deeply moving... Stronger than I'm able to express in words. SGU has brought many moving scenes. This one beats 'em all in my book. Greer can be truly wise. More so than any other main character aboard. Chloe comes close now, though. She understands. Matt might. Eli probably will.

Tamara greeting Peter and Val and so desperately hoping...

Some other stuff that hit home: Val's dead face, the people freezing in the shuttle, Peter stumbling outside. Chloe telling Matt to go away.

--overall, this whole episode was a favorite moment.

Comment

Brody walks in

Young sniffs and looks around at Brody

Brody: I was fixing it i..i wasnt drinking - looks away

Young: Stares for a second then looks away.

After Youngs recent binge, the cheek !!

N.C

Comment

Maybe caues he IS recovering he has the 'desire' to ensure others don't get on the bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
            yes, dad, will try to do better next time
            Atta girl.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Then you should have been here to make your snappy titles
            Sorry, but I was busy trolling bro. I assumed somebody would take up my mantle. I'm just glad we don't have a retarded "favorit quots" thread title like we had once last year when I was too late. That was just horrifying.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Lots of bits in this one too. Quite a bit of humor, albeit dark humor.

BRODY: Uh, no, I wasn't drinking, I was fixing it.

VOLKER: Caine's more monotone than that.
              YOUNG: Yeah, he's *also* in another galaxy.

VOLKER: Boone used to do a pretty good Caine.

BRODY: Just what a Trojan would say!
              -that whole bit was funny!

YOUNG: Well, Eli has got a big mouth.

YOUNG: You have no idea!

WALLACE: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke.
              YOUNG: "Turn the mic back on." Winston Churchill.

BRODY: Even has that new shuttle smell(!)

YOUNG: They don't creep you out, even a little?

WRAY: Well, a *lot* of people creep me out a *little*, so I'm not the best person to ask.
              YOUNG: Really?
              WRAY: A little.
              YOUNG: Me?
              WRAY: Not as much now.
              YOUNG: Oh, that's good! Progress!

WALLACE (grinning): Well, now I *have* to know!

RUSH: Well, either He's lost His touch, or God's got nothing to do with this.
              -I really love the way Rush says this - got chills

the crew seems to be getting banter down, which has been a great development. Before it was isolated, between smaller groups and now, it seems to be something that's widening out.

Lots of incredible scenes - TJ showing Caine the garden, Greer and Chloe, joking around with the still...very cool stuff
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Wray's scene with Young where she informs him that most people creep her out a little and that he too, did, but not as much now. This gave us further insight into the character’s personality as well as to how her relationship with Young has developed.

Chloe's goodbye video for Scott, as it showed the emotional intensity, both in terms of how their relationship had developed such strength , as evident by her desires to be with Scott for a long time and her concern for him after she was gone. It added a layer to the fact that she was expecting to loose her sense of self [identity and soul]

The scene at the end, where we see how the aliens had indeed transported them from the planet to Destiny. It adds a sense of mystery and supernaturalism to the situation as they posses godlike powers and we do not who they are and how/if they somehow to relate to Destiny.
                Abbas Karimjee
                www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
                The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

I liked seeing the repair robot working on the hydroponics dome, and the Arthur C. Clarke/Winston Churchill bit.

Comment

Chloe's goodbye video for Scott, as it showed the emotional intensity, both in terms of how their relationship had developed such strength , as evident by her desires to be with Scott for a long time and her concern for him after she was gone. It added a layer to the fact that she was expecting to loose her sense of self [identity and soul]
                    while it's a pretty Cliché idea, the Cliche is more or less destroyed by it being Greer. he's a clear professional who won't lose sight on the big picture.

Comment

These two sections of dialogue are brilliant.

CAINE: Ah, you just can't bring yourself to call it a miracle, can you?

RUSH: No, actually.

CAINE: Well, I'd like to hear more.

RUSH: Oh, why bother? Call it God's will and you needn't give it another thought.
                      RUSH: The shuttle was restored to its original condition by the aliens who sent you here - better than it was before, even.

CAINE: Well, that sounds to me more like the work of God than aliens.

RUSH: Well, if this shuttle has been restored so perfectly, then why weren't all of you?

RUSH: I mean, Norris wasn't born with astigmatism, was he? Mr. Chan surely had a full head of hair at one time. All of you have enormous gaps in your memory.

CAINE: What's your point?

RUSH: Well, either He's lost His touch, or God's got nothing to do with this.

Comment

It was a good schmacking of caines faith..

Comment

I don't have any particular favourite quote or moment from this episode.

Comment

• Rush tyring to explain the importance of the pattern in the background radiation and everyone else is just waiting for Brody to fix the still
                            • The flashbacks to Eden were pretty depressing
                            • TJ was great. Kudos to Alaina Huffman.
                            • The scene with Rush and Caine.
                            sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Working...
                            X