Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that everyone know when Rush had control.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that everyone know when Rush had control.....

Rush admitted to Young that he had control of the ship since the LA invasion. So during Awakening, Rush could have taken off the autopilot and gone back for Telford.

Are they going to turn around and go get him? Or is he just completely forgotten and never mentioned again? The fact that the characters have never even discussed the situation with Telford is a major lapse. They bent over backwards to rescue Scott, Chloe, Eli and Greer during the "Lost" episode of season 1.

Obviously Rush didn't want to turn around earlier because that would have exposed his control of the ship with the bridge and master code.

But now that it is known that they have the ability to turn off the autopilot and go back, someone should at least raise the topic as an option. Even if it is discarded as pointless, "he would have starved by now or died of thirst", they should at least have the discussion and anger at Rush for not having turned around.

It seems like a major gap to never have mentioned Telford again.

Rush said he's had control for weeks. That means it would take them roughly that long to get back. Telford should be dead already without any supplies, and those aliens were on the ship.

Comment

I was surprised when Young only blamed Rush for Riley's death and didn't throw in Telford into the mix.

Comment

but that ship can get them home with the power reserves. They have to address this!

Comment

Originally posted by James71 View Post
          Rush admitted to Young that he had control of the ship since the LA invasion. So during Awakening, Rush could have taken off the autopilot and gone back for Telford.

Are they going to turn around and go get him? Or is he just completely forgotten and never mentioned again? The fact that the characters have never even discussed the situation with Telford is a major lapse. They bent over backwards to rescue Scott, Chloe, Eli and Greer during the "Lost" episode of season 1.

Obviously Rush didn't want to turn around earlier because that would have exposed his control of the ship with the bridge and master code.

But now that it is known that they have the ability to turn off the autopilot and go back, someone should at least raise the topic as an option. Even if it is discarded as pointless, "he would have starved by now or died of thirst", they should at least have the discussion and anger at Rush for not having turned around.

He could have, but that would give away that he has the bridge. And I think he was still trying to figure everything out at that point. (Not sure about that tho)

And about Telford coming back.. (Speculation)
          Spoiler:
          Resurgance is about getting caught in a war between two alien races, we saw a battle damaged ship from the same aliens that have Telford... so its probably safe to say they are one of those races in the war. And I think we'll see Telford's return there.

But I agree about the lack of talking about him. Riley's mentioned all over the place.
          Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
          ---
          sigpic

Comment

They need to get back to Telford. There's no doubt in my mind. It's not so long ago and the aliens were shown to be non-hostile.

Also, TJ must insist with all the power of her being for people to turn the ship around and get back to the obelisk planet to get her baby back.

If the answer is no, she could almost become another Dr Rush with her own agenda. Get those people off to a nice safe planet, turn the ship around (maybe with some allies) and get her baby back. Then come back for them.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

You know they could work it out so they can use that blooper of Telford telling the balls joke. They catch up to the ship & sneak on board & then they over hear & see Telford telling the joke & now being friends with the aliens

Comment

Originally posted by beafly View Post
                I was surprised when Young only blamed Rush for Riley's death and didn't throw in Telford into the mix.
                me to

Comment

they can drop the ship out of FTL but there is still a count down timer so he had no choice but to let it go into FTL and leave Telford behind
                  Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                  sigpic

Comment

i doubt they would go back, telford was left weeks ago and the ship might not be in the same place that they left it.

as for blame, i think that young especially cared more about riley than he did about telford.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ohhh that is a good point. how do we know it is even there.

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                        as for blame, i think that young especially cared more about riley than he did about telford.
                        Evidence suggests that Young and Telford are good mates from years back, based on what we've seen so far. Young seemed to know Telford before he was brain-washed/converted into feeding information to the Lucian Alliance.

I think Young's main issue with Riley is the fact that he killed (suffocated) him. Yes, Riley requested it, but we've seen by Young's confession to Matthew Scott that he is definitely affected by his role in Riley's death.

Young saw an opportunity to move the blame onto Rush for putting him in that difficult situation in the first place, and he took it. That's the way I see it, anyway.
                        Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Agreed.. Plus in his mind, telford may still be alive.

Comment

Originally posted by James71 View Post

Likely Young will keep it hush-hush that Rush has had control for this long like he keep it hush-hush that Rush tried to frame him for murder. Young really needs to lay both of those out on the table for everyone to see and understand exactly who and what Rush is. And let them come to terms with the fact that Rush is never going to help them get home, and likely will sabotage any attempt at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jes View Post
                              And let them come to terms with the fact that Rush is never going to help them get home, and likely will sabotage any attempt at it.
                              It's time to make more babies

Comment

Working...
                              X