X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    i think it's safe to say he died during the ori invasion
    I prefer not to think that way. Either way, it would be nice to have heard something. Some mention of him is all I wanted. We did not get that, and I was disappointed. Other than that though, I thought this was a really amazing episode. Woolsey and McKay were great, and this had a bit of an older Stargate feel to it IMO.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This was one of the best SGU episodes yet. Good story, good writing, I like the idea of "peace offerings". 8/10
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
        This was one of the best SGU episodes yet. Good story, good writing, I like the idea of "peace offerings". 8/10
        This was definitely one of Universe's finest episodes.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
          WHERE THE HELL IS JONAS???!!!! Why did nobody even mention him? Why oh why do the writers insist on continuing one of the worst and most shameful aspects of SG-1: pretending that Jonas never existed?!
          I'm not sure if this will cheer up you, probably not, but I'll give it a try anyhoo -

Bailey writes: “If you do another mailbag, did you even consider mentioning Jonas in tonight’s SGU ep?”

Answer: Yes, in fact I gave a note at the script stage that, at the very least, some mention should be made about the fact that Jonas Quinn had retired from public office. Don’t know what happened but it obviously didn’t make it onscreen.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...l-of-language/
          sigpic

Comment

With O'neill's approval. (that part really bugs me.) As I said in my first post? "We don't need their stuff, we need them
            why would this bug you?if you have been watching Stargate from the movie up to Sgu you should know that Jack ''nuke em'' Oneill has screwed many a ppl over and is always trying to nuke some planet..............wanted to nuke abydos .........wanted to nuke the Gadmeer......sent a nuke through to Chulak........wanted to nuke Atlantis.........screwed over 5th which eventually made 5th hate Carter.......and i'm not too sure but i think he gave orders to nuke the Asurans homeworld.Oneill is military and they care only about the bottom line:getting the mission completed......

on another note why didn't the sgc contact the Gadmeer for help in finding a suitable planet to dial destiny.Iirc the Gadmeer had thousands of planets in their database and i'm sure a few of those were rich in naquadrah.

I liked the episode but it felt like a filler to me........
            Tptb:uhh lets bring in Mckay and Woolsey to appease those fans of the previous show who keep whinin like babies 2 years lata about the cancellation;but thats not all, because they been whining and rying sabotage our ''baby'' lets make them sweat and wonder about Atlantis.
            I kno Rush don't want the connection to Destiny be made because they will then be able to bring the ''right people'' who can call him on some his b.s........but mckay is stoning to destiny to talk scientific babble and ur leading scientist on board destiny is off for the day.......o..k..

Comment

I was disappointed about this episode, perhaps the expectations were too high. But three episodes in a row dealing largely with earth matters or the past (Hope), but without many real, lasting developments onboard Destiny is not good. And the whole Langara part seemed incomplete. If you like SGU or not, the emotional / psychological developments of the characters have always been a strength - and this was completely missing here, IMO. And imagine - Rodney using his screen time to count the locked chevrons...give me a break.

Comment

after sleeping one day. It was a good episode (as already stated) but I have to say the Amanda/Rush subplot was my least favorite it did not go well with the main story. They should have done it in another episode. I think there were much greater episodes than "Seizure".
                sigpic

Comment

I just hate it, that they write Rodney McKay's in SG-1 and SGU not so wise as it is Atlantis. If this was one Atlantis-episode, he would success.
                  Asgard in memoriam

Comment

It was a decent episode. I like that it didn't make a big deal of McKay being in the episode and blended him in quite well. The scene with him and Eli was great. I'm wondering if the "sub plot" may have been more important, in the long run, than the story involving the Langarans.

Comment

I found this episode to be a HUGE disappointment. Not mention of Jonas, no hints to how/what Atlantis is doing these days. Added to that, the plan was terrible ! They totally shot themselves in the foot on this one. (In more then one way.) And the end was TOTALLY predictable ! I just knew that they weren't going to make a connection.

*Cue TPTB spiel how making a connection would ruin the premise and bust the suspense, unlimited rise pudding, etc, etc, etc.*

But IMO the whole 'fail, fail, fail again.' theme is getting old ! Can we move on, please ?
                      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post
                        We don't know for sure, but unlike the other times presented, this had the backing of everyone. usually it is just one of the tops saying "yes I will MAKE it work". This is the collective scientific community of Earth's best saying it will work.
                        As i mentioned before, so did those dial ins from a star.. HECK the ones in Earth all that data/idea CAME from earth/those same scientists (most likely).. so why would their "input" carry so much weight..?

on another note why didn't the sgc contact the Gadmeer for help in finding a suitable planet to dial destiny.Iirc the Gadmeer had thousands of planets in their database and i'm sure a few of those were rich in naquadrah.
                        Ohh.. i never even thought of them..

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          I agree about this being the best episode to date. I concur that SG-1 should've led this mission. Love the mention of both General O'Neill and Colonel Sheppard. Wish Jonas was mentioned as well. Wish the relationship between Langara and Earth was strained be interesting how we got of that. Overall **** 1/2 stars.
                          What occurred was unethical and wrong on so many levels. I'm glad sg-1 wasn't involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
                            I completely forgot about that whole episode with the Staff Weapon power source dialing the Ida Galaxy (i think that was the name). Man.. I hope someone was paying attention when Jack was making that thing...

Speaking of that episode... I always wondered why we never tried to get to the Ida galaxy and explore that place like we did with Pegasus and Destiny.
                            keep your friends close and your enemies closer

Comment

The episode was good. I was disapointed at the ethical lapse of TPTB though.

Eli is going to kill Rush at some point I'm afraid. Rush and his selfishness cost the crew access to a pair of very intelligent AI with an intimate connection to the ship. If must have killed Eli to have to quarantine Ginn to protect the crew from Mandy. When is Rush going to start considering the consequences of his actions? I used to think he was a sociopath but now think it is petty childish behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                                But IMO the whole 'fail, fail, fail again.' theme is getting old ! Can we move on, please ?
                                Nope. Not in the few remaining episodes left.

Comment

Working...
                                X