This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    A) the staff device worked once.. AND the Asgard galaxy was closer than the pegasus.
    The staff/O'neill device worked at least twice. The multi-Carters fixed it to be reuseable. And so far I know, I don't think it was ever stated how far Ida was compared to pegasus. But the point of the O'neill device mention was that the power of a single staff weapon was enough to boost the gate for galaxy-to-galaxy travel. A staff weapon compared to a ZPM? or several ZPM?
    This is human Nature.. we are more than willing to risk something if it won't hurt us directly.
    We are the newly inducted members of the great races. We have a rep to uphold. And O'neill risking a planet for 80 people give or take... for crying out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
      I've just finished watching and haven't had the time to read the forum yet, but my first reactions are:

WHERE THE HELL IS JONAS???!!!! Why did nobody even mention him? Why oh why do the writers insist on continuing one of the worst and most shameful aspects of SG-1: pretending that Jonas never existed?!

YAY! for Jack mention!

Yay! For Greer being his usual awesome self!

The episode was quite enjoyable and interesting, but hardly the best so far.

WHERE THE HELL WAS JONAS?!

I'll be back later to post something more reasonable. I just need to tame a little my inner Jonas fangirl...
      i think it's safe to say he died during the ori invasion
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        i loved the episode. it was great. not what i expected, but in a good way perhaps.

i loved how Young told Mckay "if you convince eli, i'm convinced". and then Eli and Mckay arguing over something different, as if to say, "the math was just fine, nothing wrong, there are bigger things".
        You would have thought with the incident from Twin destinies still being so recent, Eli would be quick about checking, rechecking, doublechecking and back checking the work...

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        in general, i loved it. the use of the stones was ingenious. i was like, "do i care about the gifts?" and then the inscription and i was like "why would they give ancient tech" and then the box opens and we have a STONE!!
        It was ingenious...

Originally posted by Flibby View Post
        because men are wired monogamously by nature, especially when faced with two very ..supple.. chesticles half a feet from their face.
        Precicely. Any man who claims to be male would oggle!

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
        but it might have been fun to have the Lucian Alliance actually show up. .
        When that 'weesly' trooper overheard Young and Woosley talk, i thought he WAS an LA plant, and was going to report in to the LA..

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
        As for the complaints about no mention of Atlantis... Firstly, why would they mention Atlantis? It has zip to do with the story. We don't even know if Rodney is still based there. Secondly, perhaps if they make some announcement about where Atlantis is, it might contradict the story they want to tell in any future movie? Or might give something away about any future movie? As unlikely as I think any future movie might be, they aren't going to paint themselves into a corner just to satisfy a few fans' curiosity.

Similarly, Jonas is known only to people who watched a few seasons of SG1 a very long time ago. Why throw in a reference to a character that will make the majority of your audience think "WTF?".
        Though i AM one of those who were hoping for both, i do agree with your comment on Jonas.. It would have had those who don't watch SG religiously going.. HU?

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post
        As for earth being horrible and risking their planet for the 80 people on Destiny. They now KNOW a way to do it safely. Yes it can not be totaly sure that it is 100% but they seem to have the backing of McKay (plus I guess allll scientist at his disposal, maybe Carter too) Brody, Eli, maybe others. And Eli seemed completely sure about it. McKay said there is 0% chance of anything going wrong. .
        BUT do we honestly know they are both (eli/mccay) right?
        Remember Eli mentioned his equations for dialing home in the star were spot on after the work with Ginn.. BUT look what happened with that?!!!

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
        "The langarans are long time allies of earth, in fact one of them served as a member of SG1. It would have been so much easier to smooth things over if he had been here to act as a liaison. .
        That imo would have been a great thing for Woosley to have said to the Ambassador when they first were meeting.

McKay was 100% sure he could solve project arcturus - right before he blew up a solar system with it. SG command was also sure that McKay's sister's calculations would funnel the exotic particles from arcturus into an uninhabited universe, right before they almost destroyed an inhabited universe with it. Eli was sure he could open a gate back to earth while Destiny was inside a sun, right before he Destroyed Destiny and killed the crew..
        Precicely. They have both "been sure" in the past and it turned out were wrong as can be.

Why was Daniel - someone that had spent time with the Langarans and usually quite a good diplomat for earth not sent with them
        Heck, why wasn't Daniel, someone who SAVED Langaran, thought of.. If not for him (MERIDIAN) there might not be a Langaran...

Are the Langarens not greatful to Earth for destroying the goa'uld or the Ori. or for SG1 helping Jonas save the planet? are they not in some kind of gratitude to them?
        Maybe they are Irked, cause we didn't stop the Ori soon enough to stop the Ori taking their planet over..

The part where that matters? So, you are telling me if you were in charge, you'd risk the lives of an entire planet to save 80 people and a rust bucket? You'd risk screwing over allies?
        I know from personal experience, it is easier to risk something when someone else might pay if there are repercussions.. especially if you are no longer sure of that person (planets) allegiances..

Even if there is a weapon on Destiny, it would be far less advanced than the ones on Atlantis, and what threat is it to the Milky Way?
        Maybe its not a weapon.. BUT the knowledge it possesses.

Why are the LA going to be more of a threat in a few months after the Langaran's check the calculations to their own satisfaction than they are right now?
        As telford said, the LA would not care about the Langarans, and would FORCE the issue..

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        Although it been a plot point throughout the second season that Eli have been neglecting his duties and his studies of the Destiny, it not that far fetch that Rush knowledge and abilities to control destiny has grown beyond Eli's capabilities.
        Especially with how much time rush, compared to Eli, has had playing with the ship's systems..

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
        All Earth had to do was defend the planet while McKay walked their scientists through the data. It might have taken months, but every indication was that once their scientists were happy the Langarans would have allowed Earth to dial Destiny.
        True, but people do stupid things, when they fear that someones allegiance is off..

Comment

The staff/O'neill device worked at least twice. The multi-Carters fixed it to be reuseable. And so far I know, I don't think it was ever stated how far Ida was compared to pegasus. But the point of the O'neill device mention was that the power of a single staff weapon was enough to boost the gate for galaxy-to-galaxy travel. A staff weapon compared to a ZPM? or several ZPM?

We are the newly inducted members of the great races. We have a rep to uphold. And O'neill risking a planet for 80 people give or take... for crying out loud.
          Power consistency really has never been their strong suit. One day they can do amazing things with it and hold of lava and mass explosions, the next day a ZPM gets depleted powering a blender.

We are te newly inducted members. But it is a shame we do not have the help of any one else any more. We have been given our dads tool box and told to build a house, yet he barely taught us how to use the tape measure. They all had the benefit of being seen as each other peers so they had time to teach each other. We got the occasional lesson from the Asgard and we have taken what we can from the ancients, but never really seen as equal, probably just the best the Asgard had found by that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            i think it's safe to say he died during the ori invasion
            Um, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              Um, no.
              that's my personal view on it.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                that's my personal view on it.
                But its sad.

Comment

Just a small note. I liked this version of Rodney, building on his growth in SGA with how he learned to think of others more and was able to step outside himself enough to see what they were doing was wrong. Wasn't crazy about the episode as a whole but my concerns about Rodney were laid to rest, he worked well in the SGU context.
                  I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

"BUT do we honestly know they are both (eli/mccay) right?
                    Remember Eli mentioned his equations for dialing home in the star were spot on after the work with Ginn.. BUT look what happened with that?!!!"

We don't know for sure, but unlike the other times presented, this had the backing of everyone. usually it is just one of the tops saying "yes I will MAKE it work". This is the collective scientific community of Earth's best saying it will work.

There is a chance they may be wrong. Of course there is, and that is the reason why the Langarans are doubtful if they should let them, but Earth's willing to deceive the Langarans really is a testament to how certain they are it WILL work. They would not know into this lightly. It clearly shows how sure they are that it will work and how sure they are the Langarans were allies with the LA. Had Earth had doubts about the tech, I don't think they would have pushed the issue.

Comment

U still don't know how TPTB work?
                      They'll just keep it hanging to allow him to come back if they ever need him, but if they don't, then we'll never know.

Comment

Ha come one. Young wasn't an idiot, he wanted to save Telford/Rush.
                        You probably weren't around then, but we came to the conclusion that all Young needed to do was order the stones disconnected and vent the atmosphere as planned, thus only risking Telford's life. Military personnel are prepared to lay down their lives at a moment's notice, so Young would know that it would have been something Telford would have wanted. And it was only a risk, because one can be revived after a short while of oxygen deprivation, before brain damage has occurred.

Thus, a stupid decision. The only argument was whether it was acceptable for a full bird colonel with military training to make such a stupid decision or not.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't read that. But I do remember thinking when they were doing it all "pull the stone now...how about now....now?...now? WHAY ARENT YOU PULLING THE STONES DAMMIT"

It was very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                            What? What is that?
                            What are the eurodans?
                            The Nazi allegory people being led by Odo from Deep Space 9. The SGC was totally willing to give them the resources to wipe out their enemy no questions asked, until the leader hit a nerve with Jack.

Comment

anyone else notice the ship was 'reversed' in appearance after Young said "peace offering" ?

it showed the Destiny flying screen left to screen right in ftl, but the dome and shuttles were on opposite side of ship than they should have been

Comment

Originally posted by Carter's Boy View Post
                                anyone else notice the ship was 'reversed' in appearance after Young said "peace offering" ?

it showed the Destiny flying screen left to screen right in ftl, but the dome and shuttles were on opposite side of ship than they should have been
                                I caught the landing lights on the wrong side, but that didn't really occur to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X