Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VOTE! How would you rate 'Seizure?'

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    May I ask why? What would a crossover episode be better than usual?
    Well, in theory a higher budget. Also in theory, a script worthy of said budget. One or both of those things were missing from this episode.

    But probably in need of a rewatch. It should be easier to watch again than Divided was, but I really don't expect it to make more sense on the replay. IMO.

    Comment


      #47
      That episode rocked, the only thing i can think of to have made it better would have been to either A. See more of McKay or B. to have seen Jonas Quinn. After all it was his home planet
      sigpic

      Comment


        #48
        3/10

        I was so looking forward to this, to see more, about SG-1 and SGA too, but nothing. Replace McKay and Woolsey with some random new characters and you wouldnt know the difference. Their performance was great, but so underused. Why throw in characters from other shows when you are clearly NOT planning a crossover?

        Meh, greatly disappointed. And no Jonas? That is just BS.
        .:.
        My Art Blog .:. A J.F. Fan

        Comment


          #49
          9/10 it's a good vote, the plot and the setting are interesting and intriguing. We have seen another time that tricks made by the 'Destiniers' are doomed to the failure (also this makes the difference with SG-1 and SGA).

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Lianne View Post
            3/10

            I was so looking forward to this, to see more, about SG-1 and SGA too, but nothing. Replace McKay and Woolsey with some random new characters and you wouldnt know the difference. Their performance was great, but so underused. Why throw in characters from other shows when you are clearly NOT planning a crossover?

            Meh, greatly disappointed. And no Jonas? That is just BS.
            Was it actually advertised as a crossover episode? I thought it was just an SGU episode guest-starring Robert Picardo and David Hewlett- that being said, it IS an SGU episode, not an SGA episode. I thought both characters were used almost perfectly. (Not sure why exactly Woolsey was heading up the negotiations, but w/e. I enjoyed seeing him. And McKay has always been shown as one of the most intelligent people from Earth; it might as well have been him that came up with the 2.0 9th chevron formula.)

            Also- in season 9 of SG-1, there was mention of the Ori taking over Langara, but again no mention of Jonas. Did you expect anything different from this episode?

            Anyway, on topic, I rated this episode a 9. (10 means utter perfection, which an episode can never acheive IMO) Loved the McKay and Woolsey appearances, as well as the Langara usage (though the planet didn't have a naquadria core in SG-1, and oof: now it does? Ah, well). Clever plan using the stones to take the Langaran government, but in the end, it turned out to be a diplomatic disaster.

            Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

            Comment


              #51
              I gave it a 5 and that may be too good of me considering during my two re-watches of the episode I had to fast forward through over 50% of it because frankly, it was a chore to watch. I've already said what I have to say on this episode in other threads, but Perry was childishly annoying throughout the entire episode and the Rush/Perry story wasn't interesting to watch a 2nd time -- or 3rd. If I was annoyed during the airing I'm not gonna come around during my re-watch.

              I've seen every episode multiple times and I'd have to say Seizure is the first one where I actually HAD to fast forward through all the B story scenes. I just couldn't bear it -- it was that bad.

              Disappointed in this ep. Wasted opportunities. No payoff in the use of McKay and Woolsey. Again, a whole lot of stuff going on yet nothing actually happens. If the major development is the "diplomatic disaster" between Earth and the Langarans then I sincerely hope it gets a proper resolution in the remaining episodes. *not holding my breath*

              I think my standards have begun to outgrow those of SGU's writers.
              Airlock
              Chief Master Sergeant
              Last edited by Airlock; April 11, 2011, 07:04 AM.

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Airlock View Post
                I gave it a 5 and that may be too good of me considering during my two re-watches of the episode I had to fast forward through over 50% of it because frankly, it was a chore to watch. I've already said what I have to say on this episode in other threads, but Perry was childishly annoying throughout the entire episode and the Rush/Perry story wasn't interesting to watch a 2nd time -- or 3rd. If I was annoyed during the airing I'm not gonna come around during my re-watch.

                I've seen every episode multiple times and I'd have to say Seizure is the first one where I actually HAD to fast forward through all the B story scenes. I just couldn't bear it -- it was that bad.

                Disappointed in this ep. Wasted opportunities. No payoff in the use of McKay and Woolsey. Again, a whole lot of stuff going on yet nothing actually happens. If the major development is the "diplomatic disaster" between Earth and the Langarans then I sincerely hope it gets a proper resolution in the remaining episodes. *not holding my breath*

                I think my standards have begun to outgrow those of SGU's writers.
                On the part I highlighted, the script says it all:

                McKAY: Colonel, look, I may just be the brilliant scientist relegated to shouting out the obvious in terms of chevrons here, but while I'm stating the obvious, this mission is already a failure. It's only gonna get worse.

                And that is why it failed.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  On the part I highlighted, the script says it all:

                  McKAY: Colonel, look, I may just be the brilliant scientist relegated to shouting out the obvious in terms of chevrons here, but while I'm stating the obvious, this mission is already a failure. It's only gonna get worse.

                  And that is why it failed.
                  the mission failed cause they didn't trust jonus people enough. the 9th chevron program did work
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    the mission failed cause they didn't trust jonus people enough. the 9th chevron program did work
                    I was talking about the ep P.A, not the mission.

                    PS: Randy kicked your butt
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

                    Comment


                      #55
                      the mission failed because the writers failed.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        3/10 and that was mainly for TJ in doctor mode

                        McKay being in it took quite a few points off, the Amanda/Rush thing was boring, and I wasn't very struck on the Langaran thing either. Thank goodness for TJ Even though she wasn't in it that much.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X