No announcement yet.

Carelessness, no lessons learned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are valid points.I also thought of Telford being brainwashed. Perhaps,when he was in the pod and saw the histiry of the Urinis, it was also able to establish his point of view to suit their needs.
    Abbas Karimjee
    www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
    The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

My God, yes, its like none of them have ever watched TV! I can forgive the military types, but come on scientists, and especially Eli, you're supposed to be smarter than that! The FIRST thing I'd think of when encountering a derelict ship graveyard in unknown space is "Promellian Trap". There's a reason there's so many more carnivores than herbivores that get trapped in the La Brea Tar Pits...

They also welcomed Telford back with oddly open arms after they just were so suspicious of Caine, when he pretty much did exactly the same thing. And, yes, when Telford admits he had his brain scrambled by an alien device, you'd think that'd be huge red flags going up in everyone's head.

Who else thinks Eli's "Last Starfighter" reference was a clue, and that they'll defeat the Drones much like Alex defeated the Ko-Dan; by "playing dead", letting the drones chase the seed ship past them, then striking the command vessel from behind? The whole drone-command ship structure is just TOO similar to Xur's Command Ship to be coincidence

Comment

In that case, where are the flyig cars????!?

Comment

My God, yes, its like none of them have ever watched TV! I can forgive the military types, but come on scientists, and especially Eli, you're supposed to be smarter than that! The FIRST thing I'd think of when encountering a derelict ship graveyard in unknown space is "Promellian Trap". There's a reason there's so many more carnivores than herbivores that get trapped in the La Brea Tar Pits...
          it's unlikely for a graveyard to have active ships remaining. it was a reasonable assumption. besides, the potential gain massively outweight the potential risk.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            it's unlikely for a graveyard to have active ships remaining. it was a reasonable assumption. besides, the potential gain massively outweight the potential risk.
            Not really. If these people were big enough enemies to destroy each other then I think it stands to reason that someone would have left a scout behind. I'm not just saying that in hindsight either. I was saying that while watching the episode too.
            "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
            - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

I can understand them checking it out. A power source, potentially large enough to power the gate to get home.

Beyond that a lot of stupid, what does this button do stuff. Also bear in mind that they don't have control of the countdown clock, so they might have had to send the shuttle out right away. And apparently only Chloe can drive the ship. Until Eli gets his head in the game anyway.

No issue with welcoming Telford, he came on a known ship with a plausible story. Caine had neither of those. The shuttle wasn't capable of intergalactic travel. And his story was I do not recall. They pretty much had to make a deal, or stay and be over run by the drones.

That being said, the 12yo characters of the crew is highly annoying. These are trained and paid professionals. Not students at a high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                That being said, the 12yo characters of the crew is highly annoying. These are trained and paid professionals. Not students at a high school.
                Trained and paid professionals can't talk and have a friendly argument between themselves? I worked with "trained and paid professionals" while I was in the Navy, and you would have thought THOSE guys hadn't been out of highschool for 3 weeks not to mention the 15-20 years some of them had been out.

Comment

Not really. If these people were big enough enemies to destroy each other then I think it stands to reason that someone would have left a scout behind. I'm not just saying that in hindsight either. I was saying that while watching the episode too.
                  but they didn't even KNOW it was a graveyard. IMO what happened was probable but i wouldn't have given it any higher status than that. it wasn't to be expected, it was a possibility that existed, just as the possibility existed that it could benefit them at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    but they didn't even KNOW it was a graveyard. IMO what happened was probable but i wouldn't have given it any higher status than that. it wasn't to be expected, it was a possibility that existed, just as the possibility existed that it could benefit them at the very least.
                    How could they NOT know it was a graveyard? What other reason would debris be floating around in the middle of nowhere?

Comment

Since the debris field was filled with technological elements (metals, computers, etc..), my instincts said scavengers are hiding within the wreckage. It was a predictable plot device.

Also, when Telford first made contact with Destiny, the red light on the back of my head lit up. Once he revealed he was plugged into the alien database, the second thought that came to my mind is that he was brainwashed. Since his characters seems to like being brainwashed (the Lucian Alliance storyline as example), I bet he was psychologically compromised again. I see a continuous theme being played with the character.

Brainwash - Save - Brainwash - Save - Brainwash - Save

Comment

Whie i did think there might be scavengers i would have thought they would have showed up, not been there from the start.

Comment

Working...
                        X