• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArchaeoNerd View Post
    Replicators!!

I love the Replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by lars View Post
      How's that?
      Well, let's start with that rotating can create some real forces in vacuum, instead of constant airplane type of ships which don't make any sense in the space, because there is nothing to support your wings on?

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that Rush helped Chloe do what she did b/c there's a time period where he's MIA
        Is it possible that the Aliens used Rush to get the equations to Chloe

Oh ya all the people complaining about the Earth stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          I love the Replicators.
          But are they replicators? They looked like automatic war machines, with managed A.I. from control ship. We don't know who created them and why they attack everyone. I still bet they are owned by Blue ones.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
            The Drones. Basicially replicators V0.1. So now we've had replicators in all three versions. SG-1 had the blocks, SGA had the nanites, SGU has the ships. Makes sense in order of evolution. Doesn't make sense in what we know of replicator origin from SG-1. Who knows though.
            Automatical defense systems don't have to be replicators.. And I REALLY hope they don't revive the crappy replicator story line for SGU, I disliked them since the very first time they showed (and even more in every revival). Pretty much any spacefaring species could more or less easily develop automatic drones, since they aren't too developed, with them flying into a sun..

I am really starting to dislike Young and Rush. The obvious points were made "you judge a neighborhood BY the bad neighbors" and they still let the Urisini dock and then trusted them enough to tow them to a "safe location". Wouldn't the sensors have been able to detect the drones? We saw them all get destroyed in the sun. Now that they have control of Destiny's guidance, couldn't they just set it on "constant refuel" mode and get more than 40% reserves? With a Sun RIGHT THERE they could have continued refueling and been safe from the drone attacks as they were IN A SUN.
            On this I have to agree. Why not just stay in the sun until the repairs are made? The 40% reserves thing on the other hand isn't a problem of "not staying long enough in the sun" (would be plain stupid otherwise..), it's rather because the capacitors of the Destiny can't store more juice. Guess they just thought they didn't have any choice. If they had declined the offer, the Ursini would probably leave them behind, leaving them vulnerable to an other attack if they wouldn't be able to repair the FTL in time.. but then again, why didn't they just wait in the sun?
            Any sufficiently advanced race is indistinguishable from god.

(..to any insufficiently advanced race)

Comment

Just to point out that we can't really compare it to 'Lost City' yet as that was a 2 parter we've seen both parts of whereas we haven't seen both parts of this. Also, personally I didn't find the first half of 'Lost City' to be epic, maybe not even great but certainly good.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                Well, we'll probably get some traction on Chloe's story next year.

"Son, when dad was little, we didn't have DVRs or fancy compact discs. Instead we had these bulky rectangles full of magnetic tape that we used to record things. They were just awful. No nice menus to pick scenes from, very clumsy rewinding and fast-forwarding. It was barbaric, I tell you!"
                "... and when Great-Grandma was little we didn't have TV at all, and we listened to 78 RPM records and AM radio."

...ArchaeoNerd, resident Senior Citizen, who used VHS tapes to record SG1 and Atlantis, graduated to DVR to record SGU, and is now using iTunes because the DVR died. BTW I was glad to see Telford again (I was another who did YESSSS and a fist pump), I can't wait to see what the Ursini will be like, and I really hope that Chloe is doing something helpful and not calling her blue friends!

Comment

Originally posted by Pecisk View Post
                  Well, let's start with that rotating can create some real forces in vacuum, instead of constant airplane type of ships which don't make any sense in the space, because there is nothing to support your wings on?
                  I'm not a native english speaker, so forgive me if I don't fully understand what you're saying. Your point is that wing-ish space aircraft wouldn't make any sense in space, because of the forces created by the constant rotation ? I'd agree with that, but I understood your post that you were assuming a wing-less non-round shaped aircract would be vastly inferior to a flying egg.
                  Any sufficiently advanced race is indistinguishable from god.

(..to any insufficiently advanced race)

Comment

This episode wasn't even close to epic, because of dozen plot holes. I consider episode "Threads" to be pure epic.

Comment

It wasn't the best that stargate can offer, but it was pretty good if you ask me. What I liked was that it managed to balance the character drama with the action.

Comment

Originally posted by lars View Post
                        I'm not a native english speaker, so forgive me if I don't fully understand what you're saying. Your point is that wing-ish space aircraft wouldn't make any sense in space, because of the forces created by the constant rotation ? I'd agree with that, but I understood your post that you were assuming a wing-less non-round shaped aircract would be vastly inferior to a flying egg.

Well, I probably made lot of mistakes in my previous message, because English is not my native language too So please bear with me.

My point was that I think round form is more suitable for doing things in space (like creating artificial gravity). I wouldn't call it more superior, but it clearly have some benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                          It's heartless but it's classic Rush, isn't it? I can see Rush actually believing that to the point that he'd have no qualms saying it out loud to someone else. It doesn't make it true, but it does make it true for Rush, which is always enlightening
                          Except that Rush didn't say that he and Eli are better than other people. He said that Eli is better than other people.
                          sigpic

Comment

This episode wasn't even close to epic, because of dozen plot holes
                            i'm pretty good at finding plotholes, and i didn't find a dozen.

Epic? well yes SGU epic. the only reason it isn't common SG epic is because it doesn't involve some superweapon

Comment

Good ep. Sharp dialogue, excellent action, who don’t love the space battles. Now presumably we have to wait months for the conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
                                I thought it was a good episode, but seemed to be lacking in some degrees.

The shuttle part I think had subtle hints to it. The suspected Urisini ship wasn't destroyed, but there were no bodies aboard. You would suspect to see bodies floating around. Granted there was a giant hole in the ship, but the doors were sealed and there should have been bodies. Where were they? Also, there was little damage inside the ship. A ship going through a battle should have debris inside and out from blown panels, circuits, etc. Makes me think the whole graveyard was a trap set up by the drones.

The Drones. Basicially replicators V0.1. So now we've had replicators in all three versions. SG-1 had the blocks, SGA had the nanites, SGU has the ships. Makes sense in order of evolution. Doesn't make sense in what we know of replicator origin from SG-1. Who knows though.

I am really starting to dislike Young and Rush. The obvious points were made "you judge a neighborhood BY the bad neighbors" and they still let the Urisini dock and then trusted them enough to tow them to a "safe location". Wouldn't the sensors have been able to detect the drones? We saw them all get destroyed in the sun. Now that they have control of Destiny's guidance, couldn't they just set it on "constant refuel" mode and get more than 40% reserves? With a Sun RIGHT THERE they could have continued refueling and been safe from the drone attacks as they were IN A SUN.
                                I agree. Why did they attack before the FTL drive was repaired. First off, someone should have thought of heading towards the star to refuel. That is a no brainer. They could have cycled back and forth into the star replenishing reserves and destroying drones until all of them were destroyed and the FTL drive was repaired. Attacking without FTL and away from the star was just plain stupid. I think this episode wasn't as well thought out as it could have been.

Comment

Working...
                                X