This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevilevi View Post
    I like that we saw "Malice" from both sides of the fence. Simeon's loyalties clearly lie with the Lucian Alliance. Even on the far side of the universe, this is not going to waver for him (unlike the other LA members who have decided it's best to cooperate with Earth). So not only has he had to watch his fellow comrades be killed in battle or deserted on a barren planet, but he's had to watch his remaining comrades compromise their allegiances. I can see why, when given a window, he was going to take action to ensure the LA would ultimately succeed. He even says it himself.

"I understand revenge, your people have killed enough of mine, people I cared about"

I love how SGU brings aspects like this out of their characters
    To me the term malice applied to Rush. The definition of Malice is the intent to cause harm or sufferingh of others. That seems to apply to Rush more then Simeon. Simeon was more dealing with what he thought was a traitor
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      To me the term malice applied to Rush. The definition of Malice is the intent to cause harm or sufferingh of others. That seems to apply to Rush more then Simeon. Simeon was more dealing with what he thought was a traitor
      I think "Malice" is clearly a term they used for Simeon´s character. He was the one who causes all the suffering for Eli, Rush, Park, Volker, Greer, the two dead marines, Perry, Ginn. He´s actions where vicious. Rush could have been malicious in this episode, but he was not, he was enraged and broken-hearted. He saved Parks life and his killing of Simeon was almost merciful, he could have left him their with his injury's and walk away so he would suffer a horrible death out their, that would have been more cruel than "just" shoot him.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
        I think "Malice" is clearly a term they used for Simeon´s character. He was the one who causes all the suffering for Eli, Rush, Park, Volker, Greer, the two dead marines, Perry, Ginn. He´s actions where vicious. Rush could have been malicious in this episode, but he was not, he was enraged and broken-hearted. He saved Parks life and his killing of Simeon was almost merciful, he could have left him their with his injury's and walk away so he would suffer a horrible death out their, that would have been more cruel than "just" shoot him.
        That neglects the intent part. Simeon didn't have an intent to harm. He harmed a person he thought was capable of treason and then those he thought would prevent his escape. Malice seems to apply to Rush more then Simeon because it was so much of his desire to kill Simeon. Simeon was just trying to escape.
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Ok just a side note but people are making far too many threads!!! there are two pages work and all have like 8 replies! lol
          Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

That neglects the intent part. Simeon didn't have an intent to harm. He harmed a person he thought was capable of treason and then those he thought would prevent his escape. Malice seems to apply to Rush more then Simeon because it was so much of his desire to kill Simeon. Simeon was just trying to escape.
            The desirer to kill a killer who just end a persons life you love and care about, and was completely innocent, is more malice? It´s a bit flawed logic here. Heck, even Eli wants a gun to kill that guy, would you call him malicious for that fact?

Simeon was the violent one, he know that there was another women in Ginn´s body and killed her regardless of that fact, that was malicious. And he try to killed every person he come across on his way to the Stargate. He take a innocent women hostage with intending to blasting her and whoever comes for help to pieces. You can not call that actions of an honourable soldier.
            sigpic

Comment

You... What????? He walked around the ship shooting people. Shooting them. With a gun. Frequently. Not to mention killing his guard. He made no attempt to get off the ship that didn't involve harm, until he got to the gateroom and found a a) convenient hostage and b) someone to dial the gate for him! Of course he intended harm. He didn't give a flying crap who he hurt!

ETA:

Then by your standards Eli is equally guilty of malice. His first words after seeing Ginn dead were, "Give me a gun." when Simeon was still on the ship, then later Young found him getting geared up to go kill him on the planet.
              Last edited by Lahela; 19 November 2010, 09:13 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                You... What????? He walked around the ship shooting people. Shooting them. With a gun. Frequently. Not to mention killing his guard. He made no attempt to get off the ship that didn't involve harm, until he got to the gateroom and found a a) convenient hostage and b) someone to dial the gate for him! Of course he intended harm. He didn't give a flying crap who he hurt!

ETA:

Then by your standards Eli is equally guilty of malice. His first words after seeing Ginn dead were, "Give me a gun." when Simeon was still on the ship, then later Young found him getting geared up to go kill him on the planet.
                That was more of Simeon wanting to protect himself because he had killed Ginn. He didn't have malice towards anyone in particular.

I can kind of see how Eli had malice because he did want to do the same thing as Rush.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Definition of malice 

–noun
                  1. desire to inflict injury, harm, or suffering on another, either because of a hostile impulse or out of deep-seated meanness: the malice and spite of a lifelong enemy.
                  2. Law . evil intent on the part of a person who commits a wrongful act injurious to others.

—Synonyms
                  1. ill will, spite, spitefulness; animosity, enmity; malevolence; venom, hate, hatred; bitterness, rancor. See grudge.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    Definition of malice 

–noun
                    1. desire to inflict injury, harm, or suffering on another, either because of a hostile impulse or out of deep-seated meanness: the malice and spite of a lifelong enemy.
                    2. Law . evil intent on the part of a person who commits a wrongful act injurious to others.

—Synonyms
                    1. ill will, spite, spitefulness; animosity, enmity; malevolence; venom, hate, hatred; bitterness, rancor. See grudge.
                    Fits most of the ship
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                      Fits most of the ship
                      ...and Gateworld forum
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

...and Gateworld forum
                        You said it, Jel!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Rewatch.. HE was the only one who tried to warn them off.

He said nothing about what he was doing with the remote while he was doing it, and after the explosion claimed he was only checking the time.

His dumb ass was the one who stood up and made himself the target not rush..

Sigh.

I think it was more he hoped that with both coming back someone would realize it was him.. not simeon.

Er...

maybe they were.. off screen.

Well, they sure did a bang up job of helping.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

In Australia we see it on friday nights, 3 days later then the US, so I saw it last night and all I can say is wow. This season is just getting better and better. The final scene where Rush kills Semeon and the Camera angle was awsome. Talk about a man on a mission. Very powerful and brilliant epsode.

Comment

I have to say this is the best episode of the season so far. You can slowly see the characters changing, and the events that are making them develop. I thought this ep. was amazing. and that's saying something from me.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                                I am not sure if it was just Eli trying to hide his pain or not, but in this episode I am starting to get the feeling that deep down his very similar to Rush, and actually thinks himself better than the overs, who just "slow him down". Could be an interesting development to watch. Maybe he starts to get power hungry from the control room, while Rush gets more distant?
                                Well, Eli was behaving a lot like Rush on the Bridge. Especially towards Volker.

Comment

Working...
                                X