X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayzersoze
    replied
    Filled with Malice or not, poor Eli is back to making shower babies. Gotta feel for the guy ... Fanta-Pants was one hot chick.

I enjoyed the ep. I'm glad Rush killed Simeon - anything less would've been too much of a cop out by the writers. Although my preference would've been to torture him for information, then kill him slowly. But I guess dragging his sorry arse back to the gate would've been a mission.

Someone on another thread mentioned the possibility of Wheels & Fanta-Pants being trapped in the stone system 'buffer' or something as a possibility. That'd be kinda odd, don't know how they could bring them back from that. Only way I see it being possibly to bring them back would be via time-travel like they did in 'Time' somehow. But that's even less likely.

Nah I reckon they're goners. And the show will, somehow, be better for it. More dark & gritty.

Leave a comment:

• hedwig
    replied
    Originally posted by RedXian View Post
    Well, Eli was behaving a lot like Rush on the Bridge. Especially towards Volker.
    It isn't really surprising, given what's just happened. And I didn't feel Eli was acting like Rush. He was just being Eli, having gone through a traumatic experience. And that often brings out the less than pleasant side of people.

Leave a comment:

• RedXian
    replied
    Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
    I am not sure if it was just Eli trying to hide his pain or not, but in this episode I am starting to get the feeling that deep down his very similar to Rush, and actually thinks himself better than the overs, who just "slow him down". Could be an interesting development to watch. Maybe he starts to get power hungry from the control room, while Rush gets more distant?
    Well, Eli was behaving a lot like Rush on the Bridge. Especially towards Volker.

Leave a comment:

• leanbarton
    replied
    I have to say this is the best episode of the season so far. You can slowly see the characters changing, and the events that are making them develop. I thought this ep. was amazing. and that's saying something from me.

Leave a comment:

• Starrtom
    replied
    In Australia we see it on friday nights, 3 days later then the US, so I saw it last night and all I can say is wow. This season is just getting better and better. The final scene where Rush kills Semeon and the Camera angle was awsome. Talk about a man on a mission. Very powerful and brilliant epsode.

Leave a comment:

• nx01a
    replied
    Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Rewatch.. HE was the only one who tried to warn them off.

He said nothing about what he was doing with the remote while he was doing it, and after the explosion claimed he was only checking the time.

His dumb ass was the one who stood up and made himself the target not rush..

Sigh.

I think it was more he hoped that with both coming back someone would realize it was him.. not simeon.

Er...

maybe they were.. off screen.

Well, they sure did a bang up job of helping.

Leave a comment:

• Lahela
    replied
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    ...and Gateworld forum
    You said it, Jel!

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    Originally posted by Lahela View Post
    Fits most of the ship
    ...and Gateworld forum

Leave a comment:

• Lahela
    replied
    Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Definition of malice 

–noun
    1. desire to inflict injury, harm, or suffering on another, either because of a hostile impulse or out of deep-seated meanness: the malice and spite of a lifelong enemy.
    2. Law . evil intent on the part of a person who commits a wrongful act injurious to others.

—Synonyms
    1. ill will, spite, spitefulness; animosity, enmity; malevolence; venom, hate, hatred; bitterness, rancor. See grudge.
    Fits most of the ship

Leave a comment:

• hedwig
    replied
    Definition of malice 

–noun
    1. desire to inflict injury, harm, or suffering on another, either because of a hostile impulse or out of deep-seated meanness: the malice and spite of a lifelong enemy.
    2. Law . evil intent on the part of a person who commits a wrongful act injurious to others.

—Synonyms
    1. ill will, spite, spitefulness; animosity, enmity; malevolence; venom, hate, hatred; bitterness, rancor. See grudge.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    Originally posted by Lahela View Post
    You... What????? He walked around the ship shooting people. Shooting them. With a gun. Frequently. Not to mention killing his guard. He made no attempt to get off the ship that didn't involve harm, until he got to the gateroom and found a a) convenient hostage and b) someone to dial the gate for him! Of course he intended harm. He didn't give a flying crap who he hurt!

ETA:

Then by your standards Eli is equally guilty of malice. His first words after seeing Ginn dead were, "Give me a gun." when Simeon was still on the ship, then later Young found him getting geared up to go kill him on the planet.
    That was more of Simeon wanting to protect himself because he had killed Ginn. He didn't have malice towards anyone in particular.

I can kind of see how Eli had malice because he did want to do the same thing as Rush.

Leave a comment:

• Lahela
    replied
    That neglects the intent part. Simeon didn't have an intent to harm. He harmed a person he thought was capable of treason and then those he thought would prevent his escape. Malice seems to apply to Rush more then Simeon because it was so much of his desire to kill Simeon. Simeon was just trying to escape.
    You... What????? He walked around the ship shooting people. Shooting them. With a gun. Frequently. Not to mention killing his guard. He made no attempt to get off the ship that didn't involve harm, until he got to the gateroom and found a a) convenient hostage and b) someone to dial the gate for him! Of course he intended harm. He didn't give a flying crap who he hurt!

ETA:

To me the term malice applied to Rush. The definition of Malice is the intent to cause harm or sufferingh of others. That seems to apply to Rush more then Simeon. Simeon was more dealing with what he thought was a traitor
    Then by your standards Eli is equally guilty of malice. His first words after seeing Ginn dead were, "Give me a gun." when Simeon was still on the ship, then later Young found him getting geared up to go kill him on the planet.
    Last edited by Lahela; 19 November 2010, 09:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• myhelix
    replied
    That neglects the intent part. Simeon didn't have an intent to harm. He harmed a person he thought was capable of treason and then those he thought would prevent his escape. Malice seems to apply to Rush more then Simeon because it was so much of his desire to kill Simeon. Simeon was just trying to escape.
    The desirer to kill a killer who just end a persons life you love and care about, and was completely innocent, is more malice? It´s a bit flawed logic here. Heck, even Eli wants a gun to kill that guy, would you call him malicious for that fact?

Simeon was the violent one, he know that there was another women in Ginn´s body and killed her regardless of that fact, that was malicious. And he try to killed every person he come across on his way to the Stargate. He take a innocent women hostage with intending to blasting her and whoever comes for help to pieces. You can not call that actions of an honourable soldier.

Leave a comment:

• zainea13
    replied
    Ok just a side note but people are making far too many threads!!! there are two pages work and all have like 8 replies! lol

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    Originally posted by myhelix View Post
    I think "Malice" is clearly a term they used for Simeon´s character. He was the one who causes all the suffering for Eli, Rush, Park, Volker, Greer, the two dead marines, Perry, Ginn. He´s actions where vicious. Rush could have been malicious in this episode, but he was not, he was enraged and broken-hearted. He saved Parks life and his killing of Simeon was almost merciful, he could have left him their with his injury's and walk away so he would suffer a horrible death out their, that would have been more cruel than "just" shoot him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X