X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaemal
    replied
    Great episode. Simeon really gave them a run for their money (but what else could you expect from a guy played by Robert Kneeper?) but ultimatley no one in SGU is as badass as Rush. Lots of new information, great scenes between Scott & Rush and the Chloe plot is moving forwar. The only thing I didn't like was the unnecessary slow motion explosion but that is really a minor complaint.

But I am really sad to see Mandy and Gin go

Leave a comment:

• Cold Fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
    The look on Simeon's face when him and Rush were shooting at each other was shocking.

Simeon must have been pleased that Rush had bad aim.
    Given Simeon's personality and actions, I'd say that big smirk on his face was amusement at Rush being a bad shot, and that he actually thought he might be able to still win (because of Rush's poor aim) even though he was injured.

Leave a comment:

• wolverine_nl
    replied
    Simeon's story told allot about why he was the way he was and Rush could also turn into that mentally, but Rush has already developed a personality that chosen his own path

Leave a comment:

• ussrelativity
    replied
    The look on Simeon's face when him and Rush were shooting at each other was shocking.

Simeon must have been pleased that Rush had bad aim.

Leave a comment:

• Cold Fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    Poor Volker! Holy crap, why do I get the sudden feeling he's in love with Park or something?
    I actually got the same vibe from Volker. Ever since Simeon insulted her and he came to her defense, I got the feeling he had a thing for her. When Park got back from the planet, I was wondering if Volker was going to say something to her.

Overall, fantastic episode. Special mentions to the awesome location they shot on - wild wasteland planet that felt nice and alien (Almost like Tatooine). Cool alien dinosaur things. A nice roaring rampage of revenge. I'll call it a win.
    The desert planet and that heated chase gave the episode a revenge western feel, especially with Rush and Simeon shooting at each other at the end. Definite win.

Leave a comment:

• wolverine_nl
    replied
    Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    Killer episode. Good fun, some nice developments, and all topped off with some brutality that I think this show needs more of. Seriously, first off we get Simeon shooting people left and right, blowing up stuff front and centre, and then Rush going all John Wayne on his ass in revenge for Perry's death. Fun fun fun fun fun fun!

Niggles out of the way first: The slow-mo explosions I could've done without. Wish I could've seen even more of Eli, something private and alone that's less angry and more just devastated, maybe a "Why did this happen to me?" look or two. Apart from that, don't have much in the way of complaints. I mean, it was kinda obvious to know what was going to happen and how (Trailers, hurr durr), but that doesn't make it less enjoyable. It just makes it predictable. Still fun. Still my favourite episode of this season and one of my favourites of the series, right up there with Time, Justice, Lost, Aftermath, Cloverdale and maybe The Greater Good.

A special note to Simeon: It's a terrible shame he didn't get more development. Seriously, I felt like they almost wasted Robert Knepper to scowling in the corner and occasionally being creepy, but he had at least one scene here that made the character worth the little screen time - the one where he was chatting to Rush about the pain of loss and having to live with that pain. Combine that with the fact he hasn't been forthcoming with information to the Earthlings, it helps paint a picture of a loyal soldier who'll do anything to protect his own/kill the enemy. And he was betrayed, and he went a little crazy in order to survive (I do believe his ultimate plan was to go back to the abandoned soldiers, and from there is anybody's guess, but I think he'd feel better with them).

Now, to Rush: I like the opening scene because he's so forthcoming and not lying anymore. Hell, the only time he out and out lies in the episode he immediately tells Scott and Greer the truth. Honest and raw, a nice pick-up of the development that started in Human, and then got kinda dropped when he found the bridge and the ensuing message. The scene where he broke down in front of Scott and Greer was awesome. Robert Carlyle recently won a Gemini Award, and I think this episode will put him well on his way to another (That is if Louis doesn't beat him out for his performance in Trial and Error). I also liked that not everybody immediately trusts Rush again, even though Young is kinda setting a lead-by-example and hoping that he doesn't get burned for it. It's a neat development, and I hope it stays true for a long time.

I head Jelgate call the Chloe storyline too drawn-out, and while I usually like to disagree with him on general principle, right now's no exception. It's an arc, one that'll probably take us through to episode ten, I bet. And we haven't even seen her that much - this is the most we've seen of her since Cloverdale, really, and before that only Pathogen was a big Chloe episode. So we've got like three big Chloe episodes centred on her freakiness, with little asides in other episodes as we go. At least she's getting a big storyline, one that seems to be weaving in and out of everybody else's at a time. If by this time in the back half of the season the crew is still all, "We can't trust her." and she's all "I don't know what's happening to me." then I'll call it drawn-out all to hell.

I gotta air this out now: I was very worried the writers would pull a fast one and keep one of the girls alive. There's still that possibility, but making sure this episode felt like an actual revenge episode and not capping it off with a, "Oh and Ginn's still alive somehow." was good. It kept things focused. Though I'm not entirely sure we've seen the last of either girl this season. The fast one comes later then?

Everybody else was great too. I mentioned Young earlier, how he seems to be putting it out there to trust Rush, and I truly hope he doesn't get burned. He's now moved past the alcoholic binge stage, and it'll be interesting to see where he goes from here - let's just hope it's a positive development. Scott and Greer were their usual brand of awesomesauce duo - Scott was empathic and understanding, and Greer was all angry and murdering people with his death glares. Good fun. I liked two scenes between Scott and Rush the most - the one with Rush crying and the one at the end that starts with Scott saying, "You're late" in the most conversational tone ever.

Poor Eli. That is all. Poor Park. Poor Volker! Holy crap, why do I get the sudden feeling he's in love with Park or something? Nice to see Greer comforting her a bit too... Oh crap I just found another love triangle. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! Nice to see James all prominent again for a bit, though it's a shame she almost died in a crappy slow-mo explosion. I have missed her character, but I'm not entirely sure what's left for her right now unless Scott and TJ up and die and she is pushed forward some more. She can't possibly be still pining over Scott, right?

Overall, fantastic episode. Special mentions to the awesome location they shot on - wild wasteland planet that felt nice and alien (Almost like Tatooine). Cool alien dinosaur things. A nice roaring rampage of revenge. I'll call it a win.
    Everything he said

Leave a comment:

• MattSilver 3k
    replied
    Killer episode. Good fun, some nice developments, and all topped off with some brutality that I think this show needs more of. Seriously, first off we get Simeon shooting people left and right, blowing up stuff front and centre, and then Rush going all John Wayne on his ass in revenge for Perry's death. Fun fun fun fun fun fun!

Niggles out of the way first: The slow-mo explosions I could've done without. Wish I could've seen even more of Eli, something private and alone that's less angry and more just devastated, maybe a "Why did this happen to me?" look or two. Apart from that, don't have much in the way of complaints. I mean, it was kinda obvious to know what was going to happen and how (Trailers, hurr durr), but that doesn't make it less enjoyable. It just makes it predictable. Still fun. Still my favourite episode of this season and one of my favourites of the series, right up there with Time, Justice, Lost, Aftermath, Cloverdale and maybe The Greater Good.

A special note to Simeon: It's a terrible shame he didn't get more development. Seriously, I felt like they almost wasted Robert Knepper to scowling in the corner and occasionally being creepy, but he had at least one scene here that made the character worth the little screen time - the one where he was chatting to Rush about the pain of loss and having to live with that pain. Combine that with the fact he hasn't been forthcoming with information to the Earthlings, it helps paint a picture of a loyal soldier who'll do anything to protect his own/kill the enemy. And he was betrayed, and he went a little crazy in order to survive (I do believe his ultimate plan was to go back to the abandoned soldiers, and from there is anybody's guess, but I think he'd feel better with them).

Now, to Rush: I like the opening scene because he's so forthcoming and not lying anymore. Hell, the only time he out and out lies in the episode he immediately tells Scott and Greer the truth. Honest and raw, a nice pick-up of the development that started in Human, and then got kinda dropped when he found the bridge and the ensuing message. The scene where he broke down in front of Scott and Greer was awesome. Robert Carlyle recently won a Gemini Award, and I think this episode will put him well on his way to another (That is if Louis doesn't beat him out for his performance in Trial and Error). I also liked that not everybody immediately trusts Rush again, even though Young is kinda setting a lead-by-example and hoping that he doesn't get burned for it. It's a neat development, and I hope it stays true for a long time.

I head Jelgate call the Chloe storyline too drawn-out, and while I usually like to disagree with him on general principle, right now's no exception. It's an arc, one that'll probably take us through to episode ten, I bet. And we haven't even seen her that much - this is the most we've seen of her since Cloverdale, really, and before that only Pathogen was a big Chloe episode. So we've got like three big Chloe episodes centred on her freakiness, with little asides in other episodes as we go. At least she's getting a big storyline, one that seems to be weaving in and out of everybody else's at a time. If by this time in the back half of the season the crew is still all, "We can't trust her." and she's all "I don't know what's happening to me." then I'll call it drawn-out all to hell.

I gotta air this out now: I was very worried the writers would pull a fast one and keep one of the girls alive. There's still that possibility, but making sure this episode felt like an actual revenge episode and not capping it off with a, "Oh and Ginn's still alive somehow." was good. It kept things focused. Though I'm not entirely sure we've seen the last of either girl this season. The fast one comes later then?

Everybody else was great too. I mentioned Young earlier, how he seems to be putting it out there to trust Rush, and I truly hope he doesn't get burned. He's now moved past the alcoholic binge stage, and it'll be interesting to see where he goes from here - let's just hope it's a positive development. Scott and Greer were their usual brand of awesomesauce duo - Scott was empathic and understanding, and Greer was all angry and murdering people with his death glares. Good fun. I liked two scenes between Scott and Rush the most - the one with Rush crying and the one at the end that starts with Scott saying, "You're late" in the most conversational tone ever.

Poor Eli. That is all. Poor Park. Poor Volker! Holy crap, why do I get the sudden feeling he's in love with Park or something? Nice to see Greer comforting her a bit too... Oh crap I just found another love triangle. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! Nice to see James all prominent again for a bit, though it's a shame she almost died in a crappy slow-mo explosion. I have missed her character, but I'm not entirely sure what's left for her right now unless Scott and TJ up and die and she is pushed forward some more. She can't possibly be still pining over Scott, right?

Leave a comment:

• Detox
    replied
    Originally posted by Sairnath View Post
    I really need a more accurate count on the Military "Red Shirts". They seem to be going through them really quickly.
    Well, by my count, the expedition has lost 7 marines so far.

- Curtis
    - Gorman
    - Spencer
    - Rivers
    - Guy Varro shot through the chest
    - Two Marines killed in Malice

It's weird none of the other military red-shirts are eating it. The guys in the Icarus uniforms or the Airforce soldiers.

Leave a comment:

• morbosfist
    replied
    Originally posted by lars View Post
    Yes, they most likely were Lucian Alliance mines. But his/her point was, even for the LA they would have quite a narrow usefulness when you are boarding a space vessel. Although, maybe Lucian Alliance Soldier Basic Training has a "Booby Trapping a Hostage"-course.. And our military space teams wouldn't leave Atlantis/SGC without their stock of C4.
    Unless they're multi-purpose proximity mines/timed explosives.

Leave a comment:

• lars
    replied
    Originally posted by NormaN View Post
    I am pretty sure it was Lucian Alliance mines. It even looked a bit like Goa'uld technology with the crystals and all.
    Yes, they most likely were Lucian Alliance mines. But his/her point was, even for the LA they would have quite a narrow usefulness when you are boarding a space vessel. Although, maybe Lucian Alliance Soldier Basic Training has a "Booby Trapping a Hostage"-course.. And our military space teams wouldn't leave Atlantis/SGC without their stock of C4.

Leave a comment:

• NormaN
    replied
    Originally posted by Sairnath View Post
    I really need a more accurate count on the Military "Red Shirts". They seem to be going through them really quickly.

Oh and why mines? who in their infinate wisdom thought they were a good idea? I mean you have the Earth forces: "We're evacuating through the stargate, i might need some land mines" or the LA: "we're attacking our enemy on a starship lost in deep space, I should grab some mines with an absurb blast radius!"
    I am pretty sure it was Lucian Alliance mines. It even looked a bit like Goa'uld technology with the crystals and all.

Leave a comment:

• Joben
    replied
    I loved this episode, mind you I'm a huge Rush fan so that was always going to happen. The way it started off with a boring discussion on the Bridge and two minutes later everything has hit the fan. I have to admit the "This is James, Amanda Perry is dead" was a solid hit in the gut

Leave a comment:

• screecwe
    replied
    Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post

Those land mines sure had a short radius. Maybe the humidity on the Destiny affected their efficiency or something.
    Land mines are shaped charges which rely on the target (person or vehicle) to be directly over the top of the mine. They penetrate by forcing a penetrator through the target. There are also claymore style mines which direct shrapnel/ball bearings at a target..but those werent that type of mine.

Leave a comment:

• nesais
    replied
    complaints i've been reading say that the episode was poorly executed (no pun intended). but i thought it was entertaining. i havent watched an sgu episode three times in succession in ages.

Leave a comment:

• lars
    replied
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    4 people plus Ginn/Perry
    He killed his guard, he went to Ginn and killed her, on his way to the gate room he shot two more guards. One of the last two guards didn't make it. That'd be only three kills, did I miss someone? Greer was shot, Vanessa and her two companions were blasted away but will live.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X