The Lucian Alliance has A LOT of intel on the Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Which makes me wonder if the lore is correct that sg1 is going to tru and use
    Spoiler:
    Langran (Jonas's home planet) to try and dial in, whether they might have a supply line into destiny..
    Spoiler:
    That assumes his planet has the same volume of naquadria. Most of it is still naquadah.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
      Spoiler:
      That assumes his planet has the same volume of naquadria. Most of it is still naquadah.
      Spoiler:
      It was my impression that the Ori Satelite destroyed that planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
        Spoiler:
        It was my impression that the Ori Satelite destroyed that planet.
        Spoiler:
        That was Raan/Caladonia. Langara was conquered, but not destroyed.

Comment

I thought that
          Spoiler:
          the satellite was USED by the caladonians, not destroyed by it.

Comment

I thought that
            Spoiler:
            the satellite was USED by the caladonians, not destroyed by it.
            just want to point out that this is from SG1 from a long time ago, and you don't need to use spoiler tags... spoiler tags are for things that will occur in future episodes that aren't readily available... like sg1 is.
            Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

I thought that the satellite was USED by the caladonians, not destroyed by it.
              After SG1 left they wiped themselves out. The satellite presumably helped.

Comment

Ah.. forgot

Comment

Which makes me wonder if the lore is correct that sg1 is going to tru and use
                  Spoiler:
                  Langran (Jonas's home planet) to try and dial in, whether they might have a supply line into destiny..
                  Spoilers/spec for future eps...
                  Spoiler:
                  Well that would be a great way to cameo Jonas...I like it. Speaking of which all these cameo's are great but I really think they should go the Atlantis(and star trek) route and take a character from one of the previous shows and strand them on the destiny. It would have to be someone reasonable obviously. For instance if you get mckay stuck there then you ruin the show because he would most likely get them home within a week. Is there a thread about this already. If not I say it's time to start one.

Comment

It's been awhile, but I'm surprised nobody at the time pointed out that Telford didn't need to personally commit Destiny specs to memory in order to pass that information along to the Lucian Alliance. After all, the stones were semi-regularly used to consult with and pass along information to experts back home.

In "Earth" (Season 1, Episode 7), some of those experts came up with a plan to dial the 9th chevron while the Destiny recharged in a star. That plan, which Telford was in charge of, got approval based on simulations they worked on prior to consulting with any of the scientists living aboard the Destiny. This only would've been possible if past communications were used to create a set of Destiny system specs based on what Destiny and visiting scientists were able to learn up until that point. For that (and all the other ways they may be expected to assist the Destiny crew), they'd first need to create maps and diagrams of known sectors.

In "Subversion," Olan (the head 9th chevron project scientist for the Lucian Alliance) said it was necessary for them to use Earth computer equipment to implement Rush's methods, suggesting the Lucian Alliance was working off of Rush's existing research and calculations. If the Lucian Alliance got that data from Telfrod, it wouldn't be because he committed it all to memory but because he gave them copies of Top Secret computer files. Similarly, there's no reason to think that Telford wouldn't have given his handlers a copy of any data Earth was able to compile on Destiny from repeated body swaps by a range of different people, including scientists with pretty high IQs.

Obviously, it would be odd if every person Kiva brought with her knew technical details about power flow transfer systems aboard the Destiny, but they all absolutely should have been expected to commit to memory everything known about the layout of the ship. All of her people were members of a first strike team who had months to prepare and train. Their job was to clear military assets and civilians capable of using computer systems against them from a series of fortifiable corridors and rooms. Knowing the layout, down to the specifics of what individual rooms are used for, whether specific rooms are likely places Earth personnel can hole up in or do damage from, and having names for each room that every member of the team recognizes, increases their efficiency and likelihood of success.

It may not immediately seem useful for soldiers to know that that there's a hydroponics room, but as we saw from the episode, the room contains consoles that can be used to control the ship and knowing that means they could prioritize it in their search for holdouts, which may be what happened since it seems that the Lucian Alliance found them pretty quickly. Additionally, once they found that they couldn't open the door to hydroponics they needed to communicate their position over their radio in order to receive further instruction and give their commander the ability to direct more resources to that position if deemed necessary/feasible.

In other circumstances, they may have needed to use a radio to report that that particular room was all clear so nobody else wasted time searching it or that they had wounded outside the corridor of that room and needed someone to come collect them or that they were near that room when asked for their position by a commander trying to figure out who was closest to a pocket of resistance or other problem elsewhere on the ship. For these and other hypotheticals, it's useful for everyone on the first strike team to know to refer to that room as "hydroponics" and to know where it is in relation to other rooms in advance.

Comment

Working...
                    X