Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe that Emmerich will ever succeed in making his trilogy thing. It's too late now - the original actors are too old to show up, the TV series is cancelled and the mythology, introduced in the TV series, is probably way different than the one that he ever intended to do. Doing another would be more of a mess than anything else - because Emmerich would ignore everything that the 3 series have already established. And due to the original cast being too old, they would need to re-film the original movie first with a new cast in order to make any sequels work.

Point is - what is done is done. If anything could happen with the Stargate, it would have happened by now.

Comment

Maybe continue it in a different format like books or comics. I'd would read it.

Comment

Are there not books around already, dont think it'd be hard for the writers to do some sort of canon style take off..

Comment

I didn't see any for SGU.

Comment

I havent read/heard anything from the earlier series but know they exist.
            Only SGU stuff I have was written by someone on here I think.

Comment

I agree except they should have let Ginn and Amanda Perry out to help Eli get the last stasis pod working.

Comment

The writers weren't anticipating the show would be cancelled nor were they prepared for it - the cancellation notice came trough when cast was filming the last few episodes. They were going to have the last two awake characters decide who stays awake by doing a coin flip, which means we probably wouldn't even know who stayed awake. So even if they wanted to go back and change the ending and include Ginn and Mandy in it, they wouldn't be able to do it since they had run out of time and also because new leadership had already taken over/was already taking over the production company. If this episode would have had higher ratings, we would maybe get to see 10 more episodes written and aired which would basically conclude everything - including the other two series.

Plus there was already a lot happening in this episode, so including those two would probably make the whole episode cluttered. Let's just be glad SGU ended the way it did and just imagine what would or could happen next.

Comment

Maybe waking up Ginn is WHY eli had that smirk on his face.

Comment

Perhaps, however, if he rigged up a small wind turbine to the outside of Destiny, he could probs generate enough electricity for the chair and lifesupport for the chair room, so yes, he could spend 3 years playing with Ginn and Amanda...

Hard life eh

Comment

Would a "Wind turbine" work though? We know stuff not attached to the hull get's fried as it enters FTL.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Would a "Wind turbine" work though? We know stuff not attached to the hull get's fried as it enters FTL.
                        He wasn't being serious about wind turbines
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Well given the whole thing is SciFi..

Why not?
                          We know that once the shuttles are locked down that they are protected by the shield and don't get fried off, so what would be the problem with some sort of wind turbine setup on the ship feeding power into certain systems?

Comment

It could work. If one could ensure the blades wouldn't get fried. BUT i still like to know how the blades would turn/generate energy.

Comment

I presume you mean there being no "air" as such in space to turn the blades?

Space isnt empty, I suppose if you think about it properly it would depend on how much small matter was let through the shields that could then turn the blades without destroying them...

Comment

Perhaps they could set up a few dozen Dynamos hooked to bikes.. Get power charged while getting fit!

Comment

Working...
                                X