Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good episode, no better than Resurgence, so maybe these two haven't been my superduper favourites, but they're still solid (Mostly because of the Eli stuff last week and the Chloe/Scott stuff this week). Shame the Ursini bit it, but the real surprise for me is not that the Stargate writers have a thing against giving us ships (Shocked the Destiny has survived this long, really), but that Telford's still around. What the hell? What are we gonna do with him? Very curious there.

Oh, and Rush has a heart. Aww... Good on him. It seems like he's coming a bit more of a circle since Human - he was cool and all for the back half of season one after Human, but then became a bit more manipulate-y for the bridge arc, lost Perry, and then started to soften a bit more and put his trust out there. Good for him.

Best line of the night has to go to Rush, about Brody and Volker: "Nah, they'll just get in the way."
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Did anybody notice that the main gun was firing that 4th barrel under the 3 main ones? It seems to be even more powerful than anything else they have.

Comment

I felt the suicide run was a bit pointless though.......although i can see why, they had nothing to lose

Good episode, although i predict it had 700 - 900 000 viewers
        Tst

Comment

Also I noticed the main gun has recieved steroids or some crap, because in Space it was a useless piece of junk......and they destroyed that command ship in like 4 shots....

But yeah whether they gave it pimp juice or steroids, it worked.
          Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
            Also I noticed the main gun has recieved steroids or some crap, because in Space it was a useless piece of junk......and they destroyed that command ship in like 4 shots....

But yeah whether they gave it pimp juice or steroids, it worked.
            They have been repairing the power systems over the past 2 years perhaps there repairs enable the power systems to deliver more power to the main gun thus increasing its effectiveness.

50 minutes until I am able to watch.

Comment

the suicide run was to buy Destiny a bit more time.

as to the main weapon, yes the 4th barrel fired. which means it's at max power and thus has been restored. not shocking since it's the only real weapon capable of dishing out damage to Motherships.

i just noticed that while the Drones have incredible firepower, there don't seem to be any shields on either the drones or the Command ship. or at least, not significant ones. with the blues we had shields flaring up but not here

Comment

Good episode but a bit too deus ex machina for me. That Eli and Rush can figure out how to control the drones in such little time is really unrealistic and imo rather strange since it usually takes them a lot longer to figure out complex tech even if it was Ancient and therefore kinda familiar.

I really hope Chloe isn't complete back to normal, it would be a really lame resolution if the Blues just undid everything and went back to normal. Besides, there is no reason for them to do that, it would make much more sense to just fake it and continue to gather information with her.
                In the darkness of night we hear the whispers of the void

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                  My hopes for a sexy hybrid have been crushed. Theres nothing left.
                  Spoiler:
                  I wouldn't be so sure.

Comment

Plot devices and contrivances aside, I thought Deliverance was a good episode.

That said, I have to wonder what the heck happened to that big round thing described by the producers as the ultimate storytelling device.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
                      ^^agreed

Resurgence was pretty hard to live up to, but Deliverance sure did and more

So, who here likes new human Rush?
                      Maybe the planet builders replaced him too!!

I mean, he not only congradulated several people, but went out on a limb (chloe) and praised the skills of Brody and volker cause they were best at the shields...

WOW.

That was awesome! The refurbed shuttle seems to be quite capable!
                      Yes it was.. heck i counted 7 explosions caused by it.

Hmm, if the blues show up again there should be major trouble. I was somewhat surprised they cured her so readily, but at least Chloe got to keep the mad skills.
                      Who's to say they DID.. perhaps they regressed it and slowed it down enough we could not detect it.

I don't like this new open, kinda mushy Rush. I get that expirences cause people to change, but I never thought he was that bad to begin with. I just thought he didn't like showing that he was actually a nice sorta guy. Having him suddenly go all goodness and light is weird to me. The whole thing with Chloe also seemed rather convinient too.
                      With him realizing his actions DO have concequences (Mandy) i feel that has sobered him up.

Everything about the episode worked: The demise of the Ursini, outwitting the Drones and the command ships, the action, the tension, the return of the Smurfs... My favorite part was seeing the command staff working together and with Lt. James, Volker, and Brody stepping up.
                      I'd also seeing the drone being worked on, the 'standby's stepping up..

v
                      I feel that is cause we got the bridge under control now.. not just firing from a secondary station.

Good episode but a bit too deus ex machina for me. That Eli and Rush can figure out how to control the drones in such little time is really unrealistic and imo rather strange since it usually takes them a lot longer to figure out complex tech even if it was Ancient and therefore kinda familiar.
                      Perhaps all types of drones share similarities.. we make them down here, the asgrd had them (iirc they were what built their ships), then we had the reps as well to work with their code..

That said, I have to wonder what the heck happened to that big round thing described by the producers as the ultimate storytelling device.
                      Looks like it makes a big comeback next ep

Comment

Brilliant action pack episode. Ursini sacrface themselves for us, I was surprise they did that.

Bit disappointed that Chloe seem to be all healed and back to normal.

Why I like the way Rush and Eli worked together it seemed to convenient that they were manage to hack the drone software so easily, something the Ursini seem incapable of doing despite them demonstrating greater control of Ancient systems than we have so far. Personally I would have massive Ursini armada arrive to fight of the remain drones, and as a return of favour time thing, hold the smurfs off until we escape into FTL drives. So the Blues use hyperdrives for the propulsion system.

An the drone combat system from the design point of view does not seem capable of annihilating there creators, because surely that would require all the drone command ships to work together and able to operate each other drones. They did not even recognise the other drones. An if we were able to override the system so easily then so should have the creators. So I hope we hear more about them in the future.

The battle scenes were awesome. An the direction, editing and cutting was also suberb and the music just worked throughout the episode.

Apart from the few story details, this episode was brilliant. But I want my Hybrid mutated Chloe back asap. An I hope the Ursini are not extinct and that they did eventually receive there message, perhaps telling them that was the last Drone command ship or something.
                        Last edited by knowles2; 08 March 2011, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Very average episode.

As usual my grievance about many of the SGU episodes is about the flimsy plots and this episode is part of the lot. Sure there was some action but no storyline(s) to support it. Contrary to, lets say, Trial and Error which had a little mystery about what was happening to Young to sustain the actions sequences.

As usual, I think SGU as a series sold itself short. Instead of showing us humans trapped in another galaxy interacting with complex aliens worlds and galaxies and strange space phenomena. They decide to avoid interacting with aliens as much as possible.

While I knew the Chloe transformation plot would get almost nowhere, it was done in the most convenient and unremarkable way. At least, now she knows math. Hopefully, the blue aliens got something else in store for her.

The Ursini being the last of their kind and going for a suicide run is also another disappointment and another lost opportunity for some aliens interactions and original plotlines.

The episode itself had some actions but no plot to sustain it. The story is about people doing nothing on a spaceship being attacked by nameless drones and aliens we know nothing about. This only can get you going for so long.

5/10
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

After the first wave of drones was stopped they should have docked with the ursani, told them to enjoy their new ship, and gated home.

Comment

The only real grievance I have are the two blue ships getting destroyed so easily. Though I guess we're defining "easily" as three ships with no good point-defense weaponry getting assaulted by dozens of high-powered drones. So maybe it's not so surprising, especially given how Destiny was on the verge of failure herself and is still more advanced.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

First of all, let me say that I'm freaking happy that SGU is back and I still consider it an awesome show.

However, having said that, Deliverance is IMO very average episode indeed. I would even go as far as to say that it's one of the worst in this - admittedly very strong - season.

Bad stuff:

My main beef is that everything was just a tad too convenient for me. Ursini sacrificed themselves for us, even though that made no sense in light of their previous behaviour and the knowledge that they were the last of their kind. Shouldn't they want to preserve their civilisation somehow?

Blues being back so soon after Chloe sent the signal made no sense either. I understand they were following Destiny and all, but still, reaching it should have taken a lot more time.

Blues giving Chloe back was weird too. Regardless of whether they cured her or not I would think they'd keep her longer. On the plus side the scene of her examination was really creepy and well done. I just hope Chloe's still a hybrid and still changing and the Blues simply removed more obvious physical symptons or set her back a little to lull everyone into false sense of security. I loved Chloe's transformation storyline and if this is the end I'm going to be mightly pissed.

Eli and Rush figuring everything out and getting the drone to work just in time was also a bit too contrived to me.

Finally, as happy as I was to see more of Lt James I couldn't help but think it was weird she was so inexperienced with the ships' systems. She's one of the highest ranking people onboard so she should also be spending a lot of time getting herself acquainted with Destiny's systems, IMO.

Also, there was not enough Greer!

Neutral stuff:

I'm not sure what I think of this new Rush. On the one hand it's nice to see more human side of him, which up untill now came out to play only with Mandy around. Otoh I take VampyreWraith's point that such mushy stuff doesn't suit him and just feels weird. I can't help but think he's up to something again.

Good stuff:

Visuals were amazing, as usual.

Chloe/Scott stuff was ok (and I'm not even a fan of theirs): well played, it didn't drag (much) and felt natural. As someone noted, the visual of unconscious Chloe floating in a beam of light was very cool.

Brody/Volker were great as usual and as I mentioned it was great to see James.

Eli was the biggest hero this week. Rush was right, he's amazing when he applies himself and for all the rescuing Chloe did in the episode it really was Eli who saved everyone.

What little screentime Greer got was well used too. Given the budding romance between him and Park I was a little afraid that the writers would give him some asinine lines or desire to protect her because she's a woman/scientist/somebody he especially cares for and I was very pleasantly surprised at how they were both written as complete professionals, trusting each other's skills and having each other's back. The little bit of playfullness didn't hurt either.

Young continues to be a good and stable commander. The kiss on the cheek Chloe gave him was really sweet too.

All in all, not the best episode of the series, but not that bad either. I can't wait for the next week.!

PS. Does anybody know if the episode polls will be back? If so, when?
                                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                                sigpic
                                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                                X