Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, shouldn't Homeworld Command have shield technology at its disposal? Certainly we have reached that point to be able to put some shields on a few important buildings...

Comment

It wasn't a stupid plot at all, as someone claimed. Had it worked, America's military and political leadership would have been vaporized all at once, and the nation and world would have ground to a halt for a while. Like Wray said, the plan probably wasn't to crash into the Pentagon, it was more likely to land nearby and just leave. Something must have gone wrong on the approach.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

How did the pilot get from the ship over to where Wray and Greer were?

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
          How did the pilot get from the ship over to where Wray and Greer were?
          Ringed out just before the crash maybe?

Comment

Just finished it. IMO, that's the "awesomest" SGU episode ever. Even better than "twin destinies".
            Now I see "twin destinies" as a way to prepare us and the characters for "alliances". When I saw the episode, the first thing that came to my mind, 'so that's y they sent Tellford back. So that he would lead the defence on earth'.
            Of course I was disappointed because we didn't get to see O'Neill or Carter. I thought it would be a chance to see them. Of course, they sent Greer with Wray in order to resolve the troubles between them. I didn't like that the airman that was with them was so obvious. They should have done more so that it won't be so obvious.
            We should get more episodes about Greer from now on.
            I was going to give this episode 4 out of 5 stars, but after the cliffhanger and Greer finally opening up, I thought it deserved another star.
            IMO, that's one of the best cliffhangers ever on SGU.

Edit: I forgot to discuss what happened to Tellford. I think they made it unclear what happened to him in order for him to be liked again coz after everything he did since Air part one and even before that (the incident with Greer), he was hated. That's y I like what they did.

Edit2: When Senator Michaels was first introduced, I thought, 'It's Woolsey all over again'.
            Last edited by Kilgharrah; 22 March 2011, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              So yeah, I liked this one, more than Deliverance but less than Twin Destinies. A solid episode, with a Greer and Wray prominence I enjoyed.
              Would sum it up the same way. So many wonderful character beats!! I like how it changed the relationship between Greer and Wray. Not to mention jealous Young. Can't wait to see more of it.

7 (already!! ) to go.
              sigpic

Comment

Meh, with a chain of excellent eps in a row, you are eventually going to break that chain with a mediocre episode. The episode was just not inspiring for me. Two of my least favorite characters stuck in a rumble. Next.
                sigpic

Comment

A cool episode. I thought the attack homeworld command was realistic. Through it seem earth have finally crack the problem of detecting cloak vessels.

I like the hints about other bases being out there and how the Lucian alliance seem to be hunting them down and destroying them. It seem they have declared a full scale war on earth.

Varro and Young will come to blows by the end of the season guaranteed.

I am kinda hoping the senator and the scientist will survive, after all surely the Tok'ra and Earth have found some pretty advance radiation therapies or perhaps Asgard database can be use.
                  Thought the bomb was pretty clever through anyone with half a brain would have rig the hologram us so any disruptions would be detected and the bomb destonated early.

It seem the Lucian alliance must have quite a strong hold on earth, it seem that have one or more safe house.

I also enjoy watch Geer and Wray relationship blossom during the episode.
                  Last edited by knowles2; 22 March 2011, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Another great episode! SGU has gotten to a level of constant awesomeness that the other shows rarely ever achieved for me. Another couple of seasons would have been amazing, but if the last string of episodes are an indicator of what the final 7 will be like, I'll be very happy.

They handled the attack well. Just because there wasn't as much action/cgi/pow pow pow did not detract from this episode for me. The Alliance chose a chilling and (what should have been) effective method. Allowing the focus to be on those affected by the events made this a better episode imo. Camille was great, and so was Greer (and the new senator in the end).

Comment

Not sure why the LA attacked Homeworld Command. Surely a bomb on top of the SGC would be more ideal and effective(I assume a 70 megaton bomb could penetrate it).

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
                        IMO, shouldn't Homeworld Command have shield technology at its disposal? Certainly we have reached that point to be able to put some shields on a few important buildings...
                        That really bugged me in this episode they knew of the attack and had plenty of time set it up, but they should have had it installed already anyway.

And why have they still not got a big clocked satellite over the US with site to site beaming.

Other than that it was still a brilliant episode. 8.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          The LA are more like a galactic empire than a terrorist organization at this point. You're right they're profit driven, with warlord as leaders, which means an attack on Earth makes all the sense in the world given that the Destiny crew killed one of their commanders daughters, and Earth has (presumably) carried on disrupting their drug trade for no apparent reason.
                          We only got involved because one stupid guy held SG-1 captive. And his boss called out the underling for his stupidity. I expect low level grunts to be stupid; I don't expect it from higher ups. To get high up, you need a certain amount of intelligence. Anyone in a higher position of an LA clan has to realize it's a big universe and the Earth can't be everywhere. There are enough resources for everyone. And as an LA clan leader, you'd realize that your biggest threats are from the LA, either with someone else taking your spot, or another clan absorbing your territory. You wouldn't have time, nor the resources, to put into creating yet another powerful antagonist for yourself.

And seriously, a tattoo? Yeah, sure, let's send a guy into enemy territory, easily marked so that they know he's one of us!

Afghani warlords that are growing opium do not attack US personnel; the Taliban extremists do. Somali warlords do not attack US warships. Why? Because it's damn stupid. If there's not a money reason behind it, they don't do it; it's simply bad business, and they can't withstand a direct attack should the US fully turn interest towards them. That's why they cooperate with the US, hoping to buy favors to be left alone to grow their opium and have the US stay out of their affairs.

The LA would have been more interesting to me as a grey force in the universe, remaining as thieves and brigands that we occasionally dealt, sometimes with, and sometimes against. The writers, though, seem hellbent on making the LA a big threat that would replace the Goa'uld and the Ori, and it just isn't working for me.

You know the biggest reason why this is a load of BS?

They aren't showing who is behind the attack, nor their reasons for. And odds are, they never will. Most likely because they can't come up with any good reason, so they just leave it vague and undefinable, and leave it up to viewers to attempt to justify the reasoning.

You know what I'd do if I were an LA warlord and looking at Earth? Atlantis. I'd stay on the down low, slowly working people into position (people without easily identifiable tattoos!). I wouldn't go bombing Earth, as that would just get their attention on me. But once I had enough people in place, I'd take over Atlantis and steal it. The wealth of technology and power in that city alone is enough to rally more LA clans under my leadership. It's got a shield that not even the Earthlings can penetrate.

Forget Destiny. Forget any supposed "declaration of war." As a smart warlord (and I'd have to be, to get into that position), I'd recognize that Earth doesn't have the resources to go after little ole me. And if I was going to go after Earth for something valuable, that's what I'd do, and how I'd go about it. And once I have Atlantis and most of the LA under my leadership, I can properly protect a Naquadria planet to invade Destiny if I wanted. Langara has to be known as a naquadria planet by now; infiltrate them, with plans to dial the 9th Chevron from there, or at least be a part of anything should Earth choose to exercise those connections.

So, the writers want us to buy that the LA warlords are both smart and incredibly stupid. I suppose I don't entirely blame them, since if they haven't done their research on what real Mafia and Yakuza types are like, then they can't make it realistic in their writing.

Comment

I was GLUED to the television last night. Not because I cared about what happened to the SGU people but because I wanted to see what was happening on Earth. Too bad we'll probably never see the SG-1 movie, which this episode was likely set up to show the SGU side of.

Disguested isn't a strong enough word to describe why we didn't hear the slightest iota of information on the HEAD of the facility that was hit or where Earth's fleet might be.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

A re-watch made this episode even better. Love how the stones got used. Wish I could change my rating to a 9.
                              sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Kaiphantom;12435192]We only got involved because one stupid guy held SG-1 captive. And his boss called out the underling for his stupidity. I expect low level grunts to be stupid; I don't expect it from higher ups. To get high up, you need a certain amount of intelligence. Anyone in a higher position of an LA clan has to realize it's a big universe and the Earth can't be everywhere. There are enough resources for everyone. And as an LA clan leader, you'd realize that your biggest threats are from the LA, either with someone else taking your spot, or another clan absorbing your territory. You wouldn't have time, nor the resources, to put into creating yet another powerful antagonist for yourself.

And seriously, a tattoo? Yeah, sure, let's send a guy into enemy territory, easily marked so that they know he's one of us!

Afghani warlords that are growing opium do not attack US personnel; the Taliban extremists do.
                                The Taliban are recognise as one of the main people behind the Drug trade in Afghanistan, obtaining about 200 million dollars per year from it in profits. The Taliban are more drug runners now than rebels fight a nobel islamic fight as they would like the west and fellow muslims to believe.

An it also thought that many other drug gangs operating in Afghanistan who do not officially called themselves Taliban regularly carry out attacks on the coalition troops, to stop developments and reconstruction projects and some of the biggest of those are aim at getting farmers to grow food crops rather than drugs.

Somali warlords do not attack US warships. Why? Because it's damn stupid.
                                Actually it not the Somali warlords who are behind the pirate attacks. It local fisherman who loss out to other countries fishing vessels who raped Somali seas of fish stocks as they were ungovern by catch quotas like many other seas, especially the European Union control fisheries where many of these vessels originated from, many of them were Spanish and Portuguese.

The fisherman first acted as cost guards, they tried to warn and frighten these vessels out of Somali waters. Only when that did not work, did they decide to hold a few of those vessels to teach them a lesson and when nothing was done about the exploitation of there fishing stocks and vessels were still venturing into there waters did they start demanding ransoms to feed there families. This ha grown into more a sophicasted racket solely for exploiting the situation for profits. But that not how it started and it not what the many people behind want to do.

The Somali warlords as traditionally recognise were the geezers who had no trouble and no fear taking on American fire power, google black Hawk or better yet watch the film Black Hawk and see what they did there. Somali pirates avoid harming the captives and often keep them well fed and often well treated and avoid confrontation at all costs. Somalia warlords did not such thing.

The LA would have been more interesting to me as a grey force in the universe, remaining as thieves and brigands that we occasionally dealt, sometimes with, and sometimes against. The writers, though, seem hellbent on making the LA a big threat that would replace the Goa'uld and the Ori, and it just isn't working for me.
                                Look at the drug cartels in Mexico do,they attack an kill anyone who get in there way government officials, army, intelligence services, civilians. The Lucian alliance are much close related to those guys than Somali pirates or Taliban.

You know the biggest reason why this is a load of BS?

They aren't showing who is behind the attack, nor their reasons for. And odds are, they never will. Most likely because they can't come up with any good reason, so they just leave it vague and undefinable, and leave it up to viewers to attempt to justify the reasoning.

So, the writers want us to buy that the LA warlords are both smart and incredibly stupid. I suppose I don't entirely blame them, since if they haven't done their research on what real Mafia and Yakuza types are like, then they can't make it realistic in their writing.
                                I think the Lucian Alliance is much closeer to the Mafia, especially the Mexico ones than you give the writers credit for./.
                                The grunt they sent to blow up Homeworld security was probably a low level person who they did not care about or wanted perminantly under cover. They sent him on a virtual suicide mission with way out to keep him loyal and committed to the mission and the likely hood of getting through the perimeter, and medical checks would be pretty much zero.

An the Lucian alliance is not fighting Earth because of what earth is now they are fighting earth for what earth is becoming a galactic super power with technology and weapons that substantially out classed there own. Who is rapidly expanding its operations and got access to even more advance technology. They may not stopped little ol warlords just yet but they the most likely to form a galaxy wide government in the short term.

Sorry for going a bit of topic in this post.
                                Last edited by knowles2; 22 March 2011, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X