Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Alliances' (213) General Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    'Alliances' (213) General Discussion

    Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE UNIVERSE - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 213

    While a U.S. Senator visits Destiny, Camille and Sgt. Greer are trapped when Homeworld Command comes under alien attack.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; February 1, 2021, 11:36 PM.

    #2
    Though I seriously doubt they nuked DC, that's a hell of a cliffhanger to leave us on.

    Comment


      #3
      I really like the new character developments between Wray and Greer. I hope that they don't completely forget about that after this episode . I'm also eager to find out what happened to the Senator and the other scientist, and of course what happened at Homeworld Command.

      Comment


        #4
        we'll find out in seizure.

        Comment


          #5
          i really liked this episode

          Comment


            #6
            First off, spoilers for the "Hope" promo:
            Spoiler:
            ARG NO, GINN'S CONSCIOUSNESS SURVIVING RUINS MY COOL ORIGINAL EPISODE IDEAS <_<


            Now that that's out of the way... I can't decide between ***1/2 and a full ****, that was just such a good episode. These characters have come so far in just a season and a half, I really can't believe how fantastic SGU has become.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

            Comment


              #7
              There are certain things that we know will never happen: (at least in the general accepted timeline, barring alteration or manipulation)

              1) more than 2/3 main characters permanently die at the same time/episode
              2) a major city is destroyed
              3) Earth is destroyed/defeated
              4) The entire universe flashes out of existence
              5) The main set is destroyed
              6) Every single enemy drops dead all at the same time

              These are just things to remember, but when you add twists such as alternate timeline, alternate reality, simulations, dreams, hallucinations, "lantern-hanging", these all are possible.

              Comment


                #8
                I spent the first 20 minutes trying to figure out who the actor playing Covel was. Once I figured it out I felt really stupid for not picking up on it sooner.

                Overall it was another really good episode.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by sgc View Post
                  I really like the new character developments between Wray and Greer. I hope that they don't completely forget about that after this episode . I'm also eager to find out what happened to the Senator and the other scientist, and of course what happened at Homeworld Command.
                  It was a great "greer-wray" centered episode.
                  BUT my only quip.. Why the heck did they use that bonerhead guy for a scientist? Doesn't he usually play Dweebs in comedies??

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I always imagined that at the end of Universe's five year run, they would discover how to control all time and space. And then they would mess it up and erase the entire multiverse.

                    Originally posted by sgc View Post
                    There are certain things that we know will never happen: (at least in the general accepted timeline, barring alteration or manipulation)

                    1) more than 2/3 main characters permanently die at the same time/episode
                    2) a major city is destroyed
                    3) Earth is destroyed/defeated
                    4) The entire universe flashes out of existence
                    5) The main set is destroyed
                    6) Every single enemy drops dead all at the same time

                    These are just things to remember, but when you add twists such as alternate timeline, alternate reality, simulations, dreams, hallucinations, "lantern-hanging", these all are possible.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      It was a great "greer-wray" centered episode.
                      BUT my only quip.. Why the heck did they use that bonerhead guy for a scientist? Doesn't he usually play Dweebs in comedies??
                      Star names make for good advertising
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Daralundy View Post
                        I always imagined that at the end of Universe's five year run, they would discover how to control all time and space. And then they would mess it up and erase the entire multiverse.
                        Someone (sorry, I don't remember who) theorized that the Destiny's current crew was sent back in time to the beginning of time and became the initial Ancients, like a self-fulfilling prophecy... that'd be so messed up. I thought it was an interesting theory, but it wouldn't happen that way, nor would anyone want it to.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Good ****: All I got to say.

                          7 more... ;_;

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I liked the episode, but it was a step down from the past two amazing episodes IMO.

                            I always love Lucian Alliance stuff though! Glad to be seeing more Varro.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              I liked the episode, but it was a step down from the past two amazing episodes IMO.

                              I always love Lucian Alliance stuff though! Glad to be seeing more Varro.
                              Oh definitely not quite as good as the past two, but I'd say only barely on that lower tier. Excellent acting, story, and characters.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X