No announcement yet.

Lucian alliance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think so. You're comparing an idea that was developed for over ten years with an idea that was thrown together in less then a quarter of that. A gross oversimplification.

Comment

Originally posted by Apep View Post
      I don't think so. You're comparing an idea that was developed for over ten years with an idea that was thrown together in less then a quarter of that.
      Yes, and? It doesn't matter how long the idea of Earth or the Lucian Alliance was developed for, my point was that humanity's rise to power is ridiculously unrealistic. In that context, nothing else in the show is really that far-fetched.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Well personally I have done a great deal of research into stars, galaxies and the universe, work as a park ranger and do a number of programs on the night sky.

Comment

They didn't leave their tech lying around. The replicators did when they were wiped out. They had ships all over the galaxy, when they were wiped out all of those ships were just left to drift and taken by the first person that came along.

Comment

It doesn't matter how long the idea was being developed ?? Eh....ok. I'm not sure how to responded to that if you can't see the obvious flaw in that statement. Also you seem to be implying that humanity rised to power all by themselves and they didn't.

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
            They didn't leave their tech lying around. The replicators did when they were wiped out. They had ships all over the galaxy, when they were wiped out all of those ships were just left to drift and taken by the first person that came along.
            Why were they left to drift. Was that even stated or is that just an assumption.

Comment

To think the SGC has total knowledge of the galaxy is a little, ignorant....
              There is still thousands of planets yet to be explored by the SGC, we barely know what is going on over in the Middle east, how the heck are we gonna get good intell on an alliance that might spread a quarter of the galaxy.
              I like the idea of the LA, it does not matter who is in control (goauld) there will always be that underground gang that does not want to live by the rules set out by the control group. They are in place to step up like any mafia in the absence of law(goauld)

Comment

Originally posted by Apep View Post
                It doesn't matter how long the idea was being developed ?? Eh....ok. I'm not sure how to responded to that if you can't see the obvious flaw in that statement. Also you seem to be implying that humanity rised to power all by themselves and they didn't.
                Let me put it this way; it's the equivalent of writing a book in which San Marino becomes the most powerful country on Earth in ten years.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Again I think you’re oversimplifying it. After ten years of the show where did you expect humanity’s position in the galaxy to be. Would you have prefer if the Goa'uld were in the exact same position they were at in the beginning, no change or progression of the story. Earths position at the end of SG1 and the Lucian Alliance rise to power are two totally different things.

Comment

Watch the episode again, it shows several ships away from the combat zone that are hit by the wave and destroyed left all alone.

Comment

Actually, Destiny is flying in FTl with sheilds up, ATLANTIS is the only other ship that has been able to do this...

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
                        Watch the episode again, it shows several ships away from the combat zone that are hit by the wave and destroyed left all alone.
                        That still doesn't explain why the free Jaffa or the Tok'ra or Baal and his men didn't take those ships. As we've seen it doesn't take that many people to pilot those ships. Why create a new group when there are existing ones that could have taken control.

Comment

They did as well, your argument is that the LA had zero chance to get any ship? I never claimed they got the majority of them, not at all, but they got enough.

Comment

Huh? Every ship can fly through hyperspace with shields up...Atlantis does not travel in FTL, it travels through hyperspace and through a worm hole drive...which they never actually showed...

Comment

But as we've seen in this episode they have enough ships and technology that they are a major threat to Earth.

Comment

Major threat? No they are a pesky problem not a major threat, nothing along the lines of the goa'uld or the ori. If they ever came to earth with mother ships the drones would take them apart. They can sneak in and out with a cloaked cargo ship, that's about it. The ships they used to attack the Icarus base had the element of surprise and got lucky enough to take out the beam weapons. I doubt very much the battle would have gone the same way if the Hammond had its shields up and was ready to fight when they came in.

Oh also it has been what...at least 3 years since the we know the LA has come to a forefront of power. Who is to say they don't have a ship yard? We know for a fact that human slaves were used by most goa'uld as a labor force while the jaffa were guards and warriors. I don't think its far off base to assume after the goa'uld were gone the LA came in and acted as saviors to the humans working at one of these ship yards and took it over.

Comment

Working...
                                X