Lucian alliance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
    I would think the Lucian alliance would want the ship regardless of what anyone tells them, I mean, can they really be expected to believe that the ship is too old and cannot be brought back unless they see it for themselves?
    I think they simply want the ship for 2 reasons. To have some Ancient technology, and to be able to have something the SGC doesn't, which is essentially a holy grail of ancients.

Comment

All galaxies are not the same distance apart. The Milky way has several galaxies close by, they are known as the Local Group. Andromeda galaxy is the closest Galaxy to the Milky Way, I think its safe to assume that is the Galaxy that the Asgard moved into. Pegasus is a dwarf galaxy that rotates around Andromeda, it is further away from Earth than Andromeda. Therefore its quick and easy for the Asgard to jump from one to the other than it is to get to Pegasus.....plus I don't know how much salt I would put in that episode back in season 6 when Thor's ship was moving around....they didn't even enter hyperspace. I think they screwed up the cannon there.

Back to Destiny though, right now its very clear that Destiny is outside the Local Group. Which means galaxies will be much further apart and will take longer to get there...the FTL drive could very well be much much faster its just the distances are much further apart now.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
        If Rush told the Lucian Alliance what's for dinner every night on Destiny, I'm sure some of them will change their minds.
        ROFL...I'd green you if I could...but I gave out too much green today.
        sigpic

Comment

How can you assume that Destiny is outside a Local Group. Yes, it's outside our Local Group, but there's more than one Local Groups out there. It looks like the void between the two galaxies was very small, since we could see both galaxies as Destiny was traveling between them.

Comment

Exactly we have no idea where they are and looks can be deceiving, we have no idea in relation how far these two galaxies are apart and how they compare to the Milky Way and Pegasus.

Comment

looking at the average range, and the lack of other galaxies around, i'd say they are a million or two lightyears away from eachother in a relatively calm outskirt of that galactic cluster (there is only one local group).

50 000 LY's was only a fraction.

i think the LA want the destiny for the sake of having ancient tech.

Comment

Originally posted by wingsabre View Post
                How can you assume that Destiny is outside a Local Group. Yes, it's outside our Local Group, but there's more than one Local Groups out there. It looks like the void between the two galaxies was very small, since we could see both galaxies as Destiny was traveling between them.
                True and the Blue Aliens have been following the Destiny long before the Tau'ri arrived so in all likelihood they will still be chasing it when they get to that other galaxy.
                The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

You’ll have to forgive me if this has already been discussed in times past but it is related to this episode as it seems that The Lucian Alliance are going to become a big part of SGU or maybe not (i hope)

I only watched SG1 seasons 9-10 once when they originally aired because quite honestly I didn’t like those two seasons...at all. One of the many reasons was that the existence of the Lucian Alliance made no sense to me and still doesn’t. So maybe someone can fill in the gaps of my understanding of them if I don’t have it quite right. And maybe enlighten new fans that came on board to SGU in the process.

The Lucian Alliance apparently came about by the power vacuum left behind by the Goa'uld. So lets put aside the fact that in order for a group like that to seize power the way they did and so quickly they would have had to have already been formed and very much on the radar of the SGC prior to the fall of the Goa'uld. What I don’t get is that I can think of at least three groups that could have either independently or fought each other for seizure of power: 1. The free Jaffa. 2. the Tok'ra and 3 Baal and his loyal Jaffa. When the Goa'uld were defeated did the Jaffa just walk away from all of these perfectly usable ships and technology and just left them lying around for anyone to use instead of taking the ships with them to be free Jaffa or work for Baal or what ever. Plus I’m sure that among the thousands of Jaffa there were plenty of career minded Jaffa like Anubis’ first prime Herak that could have taken control. Then theres the issue of why Earth didn’t take some kind responsibility afterward when Goa'uld fell. When a country is liberated from a repressive power you don’t just walk away and hope everything works out. I just really don’t get it ?!!?

I guess what I’m trying to say is am I the only one that’s frustrated by the fact that the only major thing that they are taking from SG1 and using in SGU is a contrived plotline that doesn’t make a lick of sense.

Comment

The Jaffa are the only ones with the means to sieze a lot of power, but they were more concerned with forming their new government. The Tok'Ra are nearly gone and never had significant numbers. Baal while still a thorn in the side, was also lacking in numbers.

There is no reason to think the the LA didn't exist as an underground criminal organization while the Goa'uld ruled. Or that there were numerous, smaller organizations that formed an alliance after the Goa'uld were out of the picture.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Love the amateur astrophysics going on in this thread!
                      Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

the LA are essentialy earth-like planets who raided goauld storeholds when we were fighting goauld, and replicators and Ori.

Baal was continuously loosing power and the FJN had major politics problems. the Tok'ra have low numbers

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...4#post11532544
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                            The Jaffa are the only ones with the means to sieze a lot of power, but they were more concerned with forming their new government. The Tok'Ra are nearly gone and never had significant numbers. Baal while still a thorn in the side, was also lacking in numbers.
                            Yeah but thats still no reason why they would leave their ships and technology lying around for anyone to take and use against them. In fact forming a new government is huge incentive to hold onto ships and technology. As for the Tok'Ra, doesn’t it trivialize everything they’ve fought for if they weren’t able to do anything now that the Goa'uld were gone.

Just to reiterate the point. I’m not saying that just one of these groups should have seized power despite their numbers. But don’t you think it would have been so much more interesting of a storyline if they’d written a legitimate struggle power, instead of pulling Lucian Alliance idea out of no where, bang just like that. Sorry I’m still not convinced it that wasn’t contrived idea.

I probably should have called this thread Can The Lucian Alliance be explained.

Comment

It's no less plausible than a backwater planet with little to no advanced technology becoming a galactic superpower in less than a decade and wiping out races that have been traveling amongst the stars for thousands of years.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                                Love the amateur astrophysics going on in this thread!
                                It's part of what makes GateWorld great
                                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                                X