No announcement yet.

Lucian alliance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah their motivations seems odd...perhaps they think they are smarter and can steer the ship back to the milky way ....? Which we know is impossible, it would take about at least a couple hundred thousand years to get back and that would be if it could run full bore without stopping. The only other option would be to build a super gate and send it back that way....which could work....hmmmmm that would be a very interesting story line. I mean the ori showed everyone how its done, all you have to do is create one on your end, which there is one already made in the milky way, then dial a regular gate in the galaxy of your choice then send out the pieces through the little gate, constructing the super gate automatically and creating/finding a black hole to power it...not out of the realm of possibilities. If the LA had the destiny back in the milky way that would be a huge game changer.

Comment

Why did the Nazis want the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail? The Lucian Alliance knows the Destiny is made by the Ancients, the proverbial father of all life in the Milky Way, and is likely full of Ancient knowledge and tech no matter how out of date. The lure of the mystery and story of the Destiny would be more than enough for the Lucian Alliance.
      sigpic
      Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
        remember, telford was not exactly in the gate room when the ninth chevron was dialed....
        True, but I imagine that's common knowledge amongst people involved with Destiny at Homeworld Command. It would have certainly made it back to Earth from the stones that that's what happened.

Perfecto!

Comment

yes but they also kept saying "kinda like a code" and seeing as that would be there one defiance i could see it being a secret

Comment

Originally posted by Drakonous View Post
            You also need to look at the fact that this is a small part of the Lucian Alliance, not the full body of it. For all we know Kiva could be doing this without them knowing.
            It still doesn't make sense, though. By now, the LA has apparently been able to super-upgrade their ships. Even if they wanted the tech or information, they had Telford; they could work on getting someone else if needed. Just steal it from Earth. Why go to the ship itself?

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            That ha'tak was hovering above a star, so I'm gonna assume the quote you refer to was in regards to radiation or heat. Diving into a star... yeah, I'd like to see a mothership pull that off.
            Jacob hid the mothership in the corona of a star, if I recall correctly, which is the hottest place. It was when they were knocked halfway across the universe with Apophis. Still, the LA was apparently good enough to upgrade LA shields to better than Ori ones, since they resisted the Hammond's asgard beam weaponry; at least, according to JM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
              Still, the LA was apparently good enough to upgrade LA shields to better than Ori ones, since they resisted the Hammond's asgard beam weaponry; at least, according to JM.
              I would take that with a grain of salt. Re watch Air, we never actually see the Hammond firing Asgard beams. It's possible the Hammond had yet to be fitted with them.

Perfecto!

Comment

I don't know about JM's comments I watched the pilot again and Carter claimed the LA ships knocked out the beam weapons with their first shot...therefore they were never tested on the LA's shields. Also its a very safe bet that the LA are using the previously controlled replicator ships, which they severely advanced the shields on.

Comment

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
                  SO ummmmmmm

Why exactly to they want to strand themselves on destiny?

Not like Telford is reporting any superior weaponry or any useful technology
                  the kino's
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                    It still doesn't make sense, though. By now, the LA has apparently been able to super-upgrade their ships. Even if they wanted the tech or information, they had Telford; they could work on getting someone else if needed. Just steal it from Earth. Why go to the ship itself?

Jacob hid the mothership in the corona of a star, if I recall correctly, which is the hottest place. It was when they were knocked halfway across the universe with Apophis. Still, the LA was apparently good enough to upgrade LA shields to better than Ori ones, since they resisted the Hammond's asgard beam weaponry; at least, according to JM.

That's as close as the ship ever gets, and that's definitely not the same as literally flying into the star itself.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post

That's as close as the ship ever gets, and that's definitely not the same as literally flying into the star itself.
                      and IIRC the shield didn't hold for long.

Comment

A few things, first off, the mother ship was just in the cornoasphere, its for lack of a better term the atmosphere of a star. Destiny flew directly into the corona of the star and full engulfed itself inside and stayed there for several minutes. The ship went into the star opened up its tanks, the crew became aware, Young woke up and hobbled slowly to the control room and the ship was still in the sun...so quite a while!

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                          Why did the Nazis want the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail? The Lucian Alliance knows the Destiny is made by the Ancients, the proverbial father of all life in the Milky Way, and is likely full of Ancient knowledge and tech no matter how out of date. The lure of the mystery and story of the Destiny would be more than enough for the Lucian Alliance.
                          I think GG hit the nail on the head: think about what Telford was saying (not sure if he's brainwashed or not); that this isn't THEIR (Earth)ship, that they don't own it! The Smurfs want the ship too, remember. What did Rush say about them being obsessed with it? The tech might be outdated, even antiquated by Atlantis/Ori standards, but it's more than that; it's part of a million year legacy.
                          Going with what GG said, imagine IF the Nazi's had been able to keep the Ark or the Grail, imagine what that would say to the millions of Christians at the time, that these people were in possession of things that no person was able to find. One could spin the whole "We are the chosen ones" angle with that.
                          Is that what Kiva (soon to be Destiny's newest crewmember?)and/or the LA wants? Are they that High minded (i mean, how many people in the galaxy at large know about the Ancients/Destiny? of course, it would work really well in Pegasas!)?

Of course, it might also be a chance to spread to 'virgin' territory; I would think the 'icarus planet' gate would be an even better prize then Destiny: with it, you can dial other galaxies, right? Or make trips to and from Destiny? (assuming you don't blow up the planet!)

Comment

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
                            SO ummmmmmm

Why exactly to they want to strand themselves on destiny?

Not like Telford is reporting any superior weaponry or any useful technology
                            I also hope there's something more to it. Probably something the LA knows about the Destiny true mission that the Destiny crew, possibly beside Rush, doesn't know. Maybe it's also related to ascension.

I also wonder how the LA have planned to get back to the milky way as is it seems to be a little problem the Destiny crew have, as I am sure Telford must have told them.
                            Last edited by Commander Zelix; 21 May 2010, 09:13 PM.
                            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I agree, Destiny is a Holy Grail of sorts. Maybe the LA knows they can't have Atlantis, so they see Destiny as a worthy consolation prize.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                                I agree, Destiny is a Holy Grail of sorts. Maybe the LA knows they can't have Atlantis, so they see Destiny as a worthy consolation prize.
                                but they won't be able to do anything with the ship just like the current crew.

Comment

Working...
                                X