Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucian alliance....

SO ummmmmmm

Why exactly to they want to strand themselves on destiny?

Not like Telford is reporting any superior weaponry or any useful technology
    67 point(s) total!!!!

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
    SO ummmmmmm

Why exactly to they want to strand themselves on destiny?

Not like Telford is reporting any superior weaponry or any useful technology
    ...you mean besides the technology allowing for shields to withstand diving into a sun, literally unlimited power generation, weapons more advanced than anything the Goa'uld developed, an FTL engine unlike anything in the Milky Way, etc...
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

To break the Tau'ri monopoly on ancient tech?
      Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        ...you mean besides the technology allowing for shields to withstand diving into a sun, literally unlimited power generation, weapons more advanced than anything the Goa'uld developed, an FTL engine unlike anything in the Milky Way, etc...

The Shields seem to be bettter....

The Asguard Weopons are superior

The FTL engine from what i understand is slower

and the ship itself is no where near as advanced as atlantis... so if anything the should be trying to gate to atlantis (which is technically a ship)
        67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Kiva killed her own top scientist just to spook Rush, I think it's clear the Alliance is willing to strand their own people on the other side of the universe if it means they get Ancient tech, whatever the quality of said tech is.
          sigpic
          Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
            The Shields seem to be bettter....

The Asguard Weopons are superior

The FTL engine from what i understand is slower

and the ship itself is no where near as advanced as atlantis... so if anything the should be trying to gate to atlantis (which is technically a ship)
            No other shields we know of can go into a star and survive. The Lucian Alliance does not have access to Asgard weaponry, so this would be an easier alternative that could potentially be just as powerful (do you know they're better, by the way? How?). The ship's FTL engines would be immune to things that only affect vessels in hyperspace, allowing craft to bypass things like the Attero Device. Also, they were able to cross the intergalactic void very quickly with 15 of them working at full efficiency, my guess is even faster than a DSC-304 given that their resources didn't seem at all strained by the voyage.

Gating to Atlantis would be impossible for them anyway, seeing how well-defended and protected it is. Destiny, though, is virtually defenseless, with no protective gateshield, relatively few soldiers, and no real control of its defensive systems.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

There was something in Air Extended about this, I think?

Comment

I was asking myself this same question at first, you know... "Why bother with all that trouble?" But when you step back and look at it, it's a little bit of this

To break the Tau'ri monopoly on ancient tech?
                and also the Alliance looks at the advances the Tau'ri have been able to make so quickly by getting their hands on various Ancient technologies. So, the Alliance looks at any chance to get Ancient tech as a chance to leap forward themselves, and any Ancient tech that Earth gets its hands on is more space put between the Tau'ri and the Alliance. It's really a "must get" situation in that mindset.

Comment

well im sure we will find out a reason in the next episode but i think its safe to say...this aint your father's lucian alliance

Comment

Honestly, I don't care why! I'm just glad we get to see them!

Comment

With this episode, the Lucian Alliance has really taken a step forward IMO. They seem much more formidable now than they did on SG-1.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Kiva certainly sets an interesting bar as far as the Lucian Alliance go. The fact she's a warlords daughter defiantly gives her some huge ranking among the LA. I wonder if at heart she wants to explore and the Destiny is the only way for her to do that... It would be an interesting twist imo...

Comment

Originally posted by Drakonous View Post
                          Kiva certainly sets an interesting bar as far as the Lucian Alliance go. The fact she's a warlords daughter defiantly gives her some huge ranking among the LA. I wonder if at heart she wants to explore and the Destiny is the only way for her to do that... It would be an interesting twist imo...
                          Well, that wouldn't excuse how ruthless she seems to be. I think she is going to cause lots of problems.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                            Kiva killed her own top scientist just to spook Rush, I think it's clear the Alliance is willing to strand their own people on the other side of the universe if it means they get Ancient tech, whatever the quality of said tech is.
                            Which makes no sense but whatever...
                            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                              Which makes no sense but whatever...
                              They don't need him now that they have the man who unlocked the ninth chevron for Earth. No reason to keep him around.

As for getting to Destiny, they can figure out how to reverse-engineer the Ancient technology on the ship and send their findings back to the Milky Way via the communication stones.

Comment

Working...
                              X