Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Chloe knows there's hostile aliens battling Destiny, and yet instead of running or hiding she goes towards the hole that was just cut in the hull. Did she think maybe the aliens wanted to have some milk and cookies with her? With a survival instinct like that, I can't see how she'll survive out there.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
      So Chloe knows there's hostile aliens battling Destiny, and yet instead of running or hiding she goes towards the hole that was just cut in the hull. Did she think maybe the aliens wanted to have some milk and cookies with her? With a survival instinct like that, I can't see how she'll survive out there.
      We can only hope she gets killed off soonish.

Comment

I don't understand...Why was chloe wandering around the ship where someone was obviously forcing their way through!!

And why is it this ship can survive the hottest part of a sun at the most minumum of power but not a brief fire fight.

Comment

Ok... that was a very neat episode. But not as climactic as I might have liked after such a long wait Still great though...
          Spoiler:
          Love the scandal about Wray and Rush in cahoots re: the Young set-up though... Surprised and yet soooo not!

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
          *snip*.

The only small problems I had were mostly costume related, TJ's top keeps making me wish they'd give her a normal T-shirt to wear like the other officers, and it was kinda funny that Rush and Chloe got their normal outfits back after seemingly losing them when they got captured. Guess they brought spares with them from Icarus.

But all in all a solid ep, I'm glad I stuck with the show despite being somewhat disappointed with the first half of the season.
          I am so glad I'm not the only person that noticed TJs shirt. Not that its of huge importance, but a little annoyingly distracting since its not very "air force" appropriate... huh.

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
          I usually like the episodes with space battles better but in this case I still like Time a little bit more. That was a phenomenal episode.
          In complete agreement here... liked this one but Time is by far my fav for interest and shock! The action was a nice change from what seems to be a very character-development heavy show though. It was nice to have a little old SG flavor via humor and space battles!!
          sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
          Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
          GateCon Vancouver 2011
          Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. I wasn't totally awestruck - I think it lost momentum mid-way through - but I thought it was well done.

Here's what I thought was good:
            • Seeing the inner turmoil in Young over his decision re Rush
            • Humanising Greer
            • Nice to see the humour moving away from just Eli. To me, humour is quintessential to the Stargate franchise, so I was really happy with the opening sequence.
            • Cool space battle! (lol, I'm definitely more of a fanboy than a fangirl in this regard )
            • The politics - I think the political strife (if done well) has the potential to make for very interesting stories. As long as it stays plausible, I'm looking forward to this intellectual cat and mouse game.

Here's what I wasn't impressed with:
            • Chloe is still just the damsel in distress... That said, this is just episode 11, so lots of time for that to change.
            • I can't quite put my finger on why, but, like I said before, I really felt like the episode lost momentum half-way through. I think part of it might of had to do with the fact that I don't feel any great attachment to Rush and Chloe, so while I was interested to see what happened, I wasn't palpably worried about what was going to happen to them the way I would have been with, say, any/all the members of SG-1.
            • Sappy-music-montage ending - it's just getting monotonous.

I'm sure I've missed stuff I thought about while watching... I'll definitely be rewatching this one a few times!

Cheers everyone!

_SocraticMethod

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
              We can only hope she gets killed off soonish.
              Well I don't hope that....

Comment

It's really not all that surprising though. Where do you think the saying "curiosity killed the cat" came from? People think and act irrationally all the time, and one of those influences is most certainly curiosity.

It seems people just hate Chloe too much, or maybe everyone else is just completely rational 100% of the time?
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

The aliens: Will be back. At the end of Air? That shuttle taking off?

Rush and Chloe: Obviously allowed to escape. One or both under the control of the aliens? Most likely.

Comment

Maybe she was literally drawn to the light? Some type of mind control?

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach
                      I just KNOW we're gonna get a hater saying "OMG SO IMMATURE!!!" about that particular scene, but I thought it was both hilarious and realistic. I've actually known similar things like that to happen to friends of mine
                      Preemptive strike against criticism? Not a hater, but found that humor to be the same stuff of cringe worthiness I did in the first half of the season. I suppose if I connected with the characters I wouldn't think so.

The good

Aliens.
                      Rush going all kung-fu on the alien.
                      Space battles.
                      The first clever use of the stones

The bad

Still don't relate/care about the characters.
                      Chloe is still annoying. Who runs up greet the hostile aliens?

Aside from all that, if I may speculate on why the aliens attacked. They probed Rush's mind. They knew about the stones. They know how humans use the stone. I'd attack humans too before they had a chance to stone into my ship and start humping my leg.

Comment

I liked this episode. I wasn't anything awe-inspiring, but it was a nice re-introduction to the series. I guess what I Liked most was that Rush behaved exactly as I thought he would once he was back on board the Destiny. He didn't out Young but went along with his cover story. I'm curious to see what Rush and Wray have in mind next week. Certainly there will be some resolution, let's see what the writers do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
                          Preemptive strike against criticism? Not a hater, but found that humor to be the same stuff of cringe worthiness I did in the first half of the season. I suppose if I connected with the characters I wouldn't think so.
                          The best defense is a good offense?

Glad to hear you enjoyed some aspects of the episode. That's certainly something, right?
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                            It's really not all that surprising though. Where do you think the saying "curiosity killed the cat" came from? People think and act irrationally all the time, and one of those influences is most certainly curiosity.

It seems people just hate Chloe too much, or maybe everyone else is just completely rational 100% of the time?
                            Can you chalk it up to Chloe just acting irrationally? Sure you can. Running away isn't neccesarily rational either, it's also instinctual. I don't hate Chloe, but if she doesn't have either the presence of mind or the instinctual fear to run away from danger she can't handle, then I don't know how long she'll last (well I guess I do, until the writers get bored of her character).
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Can you chalk it up to Chloe just acting irrationally? Sure you can. Running away isn't neccesarily rational either, it's also instinctual. I don't hate Chloe, but if she doesn't have either the presence of mind or the instinctual fear to run away from danger she can't handle, then I don't know how long she'll last (well I guess I do, until the writers get bored of her character).
                              Chloe is more like an object for a plot device rather than a character. With Rush, Young, Eli, Greer, T.J., and even Wray their personalities play a significant role in the plot, and it drives the plot. The whole Rush and Young conflict for an example. Scott and Chloe you could put any person in that role and it would be the same.

Cannot say the writers continue to struggle writing for a female, because Wray, imo has been written very well.
                              sigpic

Comment

You know...I'm starting to go with RUSH...Young needs to be removed. I'm on the crazy man's and IOA pawn's side.

Comment

Working...
                                X