• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish we had a little more Eli though.
    sigpic
    Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Great episode! I think it was very successful in incorporating the old SG-1 and Atlantis feels into the unique SGU experience and I'm glad to see that. The only quip I have with it is with the communication stones. When Vala and Daniel travel to the Ori Home Galaxy they comment how the stones translate for them. I realize since only one stone is being used to contact the aliens (another question entirely, how'd that happen), but shouldn't they have been able to translate alien to english?

Comment

At first I thought the ship was Rush, and I think that when Chloe got captured was weird because if I saw a hole being drilled into the ship I would run away not go see who it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
          I wish we had a little more Eli though.
          actually IMO this was the most eli we've seen so far. he was in rushes postion during the battle.
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
            Another question: Did anyone pick up on how the aliens were able to communicate "Surrender" to the Destiny crew? I don't know if it was ever mentioned, but my only guess is that it was a word they extracted from Rush's mind using that mind connection device?

I thought the same. It would make sense.

As for what I thought, great episode. I think I may have got myself a little to over hyped for it, but it was still great. Best episode so far of the season. Loved the aliens, the conflict between the characters, the space battles, etc.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
              At first I thought the ship was Rush, and I think that when Chloe got captured was weird because if I saw a hole being drilled into the ship I would run away not go see who it is.
              Haha, people's curiosity makes them do really strange things. You see it in a LOT of invasion or disaster movies/shows. People tend to get too close to something that is potentially dangerous, and it usually backfires
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

Holy cow! Cool episode! I loooooove the aliens! I hope they come back!

Only thing...

I felt the Chloe and Rush were rescued far too soon. I felt there needed to be more jeopardy on that alien ship. I felt they got off that ship a little too easy.

But...the action on Destiny with the alien ship attacking was awesome!

And...looks like there's gonna be some kind of mutany with the civilians.

I really hope we see those aliens again.
                sigpic
                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                  Best episode to date.
                  And it wasn't just because of the action either.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                    That's what I thought, too, but when they launched the smaller fighters I knew it wasn't him.

Comment

This was most likely the best episode of the series. Why? Well it took classic Stargate and mixed it with some of the new. So, it felt like Stargate. The show that I felll in love with. There is a purpose now, with also a threat out there other than themselves. The character moments were great, and really mixed well with the plot at hand. What a revelation seeing Rush in the tank, and Young's reaction. The best was after Rush jumps out after Chloe from the ship and a surprised Greer is standing over him.

Stones, stones, and stones. I finally felt the stones were put to a good use. It drove the entire episode and kept it interesting through out. The new Aliens are very cool. Love their chirping/screaming sound.

Now the last scene has me questioning who is looking for the best of the crew. I think Young nor Rush should not be a leader. Something is brewing, and the crew needs to have an official leader since of all the outside threats. I knew the whole Rush and Young thing would not have just gone away. It was too easy.

Space battle was very good so was the abduction and rescue of Chloe. Nice twist with Rush saving Chloe. I think Stargate has produced better space battles, like BAMSR and Lost City. But it was more what the characters were doing in this grand scheme of things. I love how Eli blasted out "Well you should not have left Rush". The look on Young's face was priceless. These are the payoff moments that we strive for when there is character development going on in the show. Sometimes the slow eps are a must to build to a big payoff like this one.

The show has finally raised the bar for me, and am happy to see the remaining eps. This coming from someone who was beyond upset about SGA being replaced. We all knew SGA was performing and it was a creative decision to move onto SGU. Well eps like this will make me more content about the replacement. It truly was that entertaining.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                        Holy cow! Cool episode! I loooooove the aliens! I hope they come back!

Only thing...

I felt the Chloe and Rush were rescued far too soon. I felt there needed to be more jeopardy on that alien ship. I felt they got off that ship a little too easy.

But...the action on Destiny with the alien ship attacking was awesome!

And...looks like there's gonna be some kind of mutany with the civilians.

I really hope we see those aliens again.
                        Dont worry we will. I saw a trailer shot of the aliens i didn't see in space, so we will.
                        sigpic

Comment

What was the name of the music at the end?

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                            I think personally its better than most of season 5 of atlantis too.
                            Pains me to say but that MIGHT be true...
                            But I think the Daedalus variations was as good as this sode.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                              What was the name of the music at the end?
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11363167
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

GREAT episode! I was on the edge of my couch the whole time. Glad that they kicked off the second half of the season with an episode like this. This ending would also have made a great mid-season finale though. Those aliens were 100% awesome. I want to see more of them, and SOON! I can't wait for next week. Seven days is so much a shorter wait than four months though so I'm happy about that.
                                "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                                - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X