Wray and Rush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wray and Rush

So it looked like Rush wanted to talk to Wray about what happened in Sabotage before Young interrupted them. First, does everyone agree that that is what Rush was going to talk to Wray about? And does anyone else really hope that they do eventually get to have that conversation?

Perfecto!

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
    So it looked like Rush wanted to talk to Wray about what happened in Sabotage before Young interrupted them. First, does everyone agree that that is what Rush was going to talk to Wray about? And does anyone else really hope that they do eventually get to have that conversation?
    I was hoping someone would bring this up! When he showed up at Wray's door and said that they needed to talk, I definitely thought he was going to talk to her about what happened when Perry was on board Destiny - maybe to apologize or at least just to let her know.

I hope they do have that conversation and that we get to see it - imagine how awkward that is going to be! On the other hand, Wray used Perry's body to give/get a kiss from her wife, so she shouldn't be too upset that Perry in turn used her's to kiss Rush.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

They really seem to be glossing over the concept of the body-swap and what the body does when the person isn't home. I think that the conversation was going to be about 'for the good of the ship'. I think Rush's outlook as started to shift, the crew is starting to solidify and find places together, Wray is still set aside somewhat and I think that eventually the conversation about the attempted takeover is going to happen and I don't think Wray is going to be happy with it.

Comment

It certainly seemed like the conversation was going to be about him kissing her during the body-swap. But it was important and could have been about the takeover of the ship, or even something else! I don't think the writers will let that go, that was a really intense moment when Rush wanted to talk to her so badly.

TitanShadow-- how did you get that picture! I thought I couldn't do that at all because of my early status.
        sigpic
        Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
        O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
        Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
        O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

at that scene, the first thing that I thought was that he needed to talk to her about the Perry scene, but with these two? Who knows
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I thought he was going to talk to her about Perry too. Awkward...

Comment

i don't remember the scene must not had been that important
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It was in the default avatars available. Try and set one, you can't upload your own though.

Comment

I thought he was going to thank her for giving Mandy the chance to be on the ship and everything that went along with it.
                  sigpic

Comment

The Perry talk would have most likely come up during their boring trip across the void. So I'm inclined to believe it's about something else. Maybe the fact that Destiny has arrived in a new galaxy and technically getting further away from Earth; they are definitely plotting something for their long-term survival on the ship.

Comment

I have no doubt, that it had something to do with Mandy. Either, that he want to tell Wray what happend, or maybe what not happend, apologise for kissing Mandy in her Body, or he was on his way to ask, whether she would give permission to more than a kiss? I must admit that I'm not sure about this last part, I'm just playing with this thought.
                      But, I think also, now after the events of "Pain", he will not talk about this with Wray in a long time, whatever the never asked question was. It seems to me, that he's really upset with what he've done to her, even if he knows, how it happend, and that he'd never done that to her under "normal" conditions.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am convinced that Rush was going to confess to Wray about what happened while Perry was controlling her body. Rush's hesitation at the start of the conversation spoke volumes about the subject he was about to bring up.

If that is the case, then my respect for the man just increased tenfold. It's the kind of thing I'd do in that situation. I couldn't keep that bottle up for a long period.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                          The Perry talk would have most likely come up during their boring trip across the void. So I'm inclined to believe it's about something else. Maybe the fact that Destiny has arrived in a new galaxy and technically getting further away from Earth; they are definitely plotting something for their long-term survival on the ship.
                          i dont think so when it would be something like this he could just say it but when young arrieved he said it was nothing
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Jeffer View Post
                            i dont think so when it would be something like this he could just say it but when young arrieved he said it was nothing
                            I would agree. From his hesitancy and the discomfort, but sincerity in his tone when he asked to speak to her, this was something personal. I'm convinced he was going to talk to her about Mandy and I was very frustrated that we never got that conversation. It is certainly something that Rush would not want Young anywhere near. He's such a private person. Talking to Camile would be hard enough for him.

Comment

I too believed Rush wanted to speak to Wray regarding events while she was body-swapped.

I'm not sure we will ever see what was (or would have been) said between these characters, unless the writers bring back the Mandy character. Not long after they were confronted by Young, we see them talking in the mess hall (Rush is explaining something to Wray). Obviously they have had time and opportunity to speak privately and by their behavior/body language etc there is not any apparent awkwardness between them. Rush does not look "shy" and Wray doesn't look aloof. This says to me that the subject was not revisited.

Speaking to Wray on this point is/was important to Rush. After he screwed up his courage to speak to her that first time, and had that unfortunate interruption, he has likely thought better of it and will not approach her again on this subject.

This allows the writing staff a future shot at major awkwardness between these two characters. A month or so after Mandy's next appearance Wray starts complaining to TJ about feeling ill in the morning...

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                              X