Save the ticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save the ticks

Anyone thinks it's a good idea to preserve the ticks as live specimens instead of just squishing them?

Properly contained and administered, they could prove to be a recreational drug for certain people. Ofcause there are unknowns side effects but what drug doesn't have those.

the last thing you need is a crew members screaming or being paranoid in a crisis. the smurfs are coming
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

There would probably be too many concerns over them getting loose and all that. I mean, what if they grow into flesh eating monsters

Spoiler:
      like in the Time episode?

I wonder though, if they kept the squashed bug goo. That would have had to have some of the substance that was causing the hallucinations.
      My Minecraft Stargatesigpic

Comment

And all you would need is those things getting loose on the ship and you'd have a never ending supply of them. Not a good thing.

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          the last thing you need is a crew members screaming or being paranoid in a crisis. the smurfs are coming
          Agreed! They do not need no stinking ticks...
          The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Besides, you can't even tock to them...

regards,
            G.
            Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
              And all you would need is those things getting loose on the ship and you'd have a never ending supply of them. Not a good thing.

regards,
              G.
              and we don't need a communication stone ep with greer being in a tick.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

There is no telling what the long term affect of having those bugs attached to someone would be and it certainly wouldn't be worth the risk to try to find out.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

They should've saved a tick for Chloe so that she could talk to her dad when she's feeling down.
                  Stratification?

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                    There is no telling what the long term affect of having those bugs attached to someone would be and it certainly wouldn't be worth the risk to try to find out.
                    Exactly, Eli made that same point to Chloe when she was seeing her dad; I doubt whatever the effect would end very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      and we don't need a communication stone ep with greer being in a tick.
                      That would be one badass tick, however I'm not sure how they'd handle Greer's body wanting to glom on to the back of the neck of anyone who came within reach.

On a really weird note, what if tick-Greer managed to get on to Greer-tick? Would he become normal?

regards,
                      G.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

If the ticks bred they could use them to 'up tick' the ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                          If the ticks bred they could use them to 'up tick' the ratings.
                          Or, if things got boring the crew could have a rousing game of "Pick up Ticks".

regards,
                          G.
                          Go for Marty...

Comment

the venom is an interesting interrogation method

Comment

Who knows what it could be used for - it might work as the universe's most effective antiseptic. Just like the squiddies in Time - who would have thought their venom would make a good anaesthetic until Scott survived his attack? You never know until you test, so I would vote for keeping at least some alive for research purposes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X