So what's up with the gates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePlut View Post
    Whether this is correct or not, I don't know, but I don't think the gates in Universe are based on a coordinate system (constellations or anything else), so there's no stellar drift to worry about. I think it's like serial numbers, each gate in a galaxy had a code (phone number) that doesn't change. Each gate only knows about the gates within range, and when dialing, simply sends out a code.

I can't imagine how the MW dialing system, based on location in space, with reference on one planet in that galaxy, would work given what we've got so far.

So, I choose to believe, that each gate is only a code, and it's a completely different system than what we've seen to date.
    A pretty complicated code for gate #1 #2 and #3, or whatever is in range of each planet.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
      A pretty complicated code for gate #1 #2 and #3, or whatever is in range of each planet.
      Yeah, I suppose. But then, when we create serial numbers for components, you don't typically see Serial number 1, 2, 3, you see 000001, 000002, etc... because you suppose you are going to build a bunch of them, and you want them to be unique and not have to change the number of digits that make up the serial number.

Also, I suppose their plan was to enable a dialing system like the one they had planned for the Milky Way... If SGU gates are older, they hadn't established it yet, although they had an idea of the 6 digits plus POO plan?

I wish we could see the actual addresses dialed by Destiny, is one of those symbols always at the end as POO? And does one of those symbols map to each planet as POO...

I also suppose we have already thought more about this that the people who created the series...

Comment

ah come on it's not like the ancient history makes that much sense.

i mean, 50 million year old? that's pretty old.

Comment

Why not? It's a tv show. They are as old as the creator ofthe show sais. Also they can just retcon in the future by saing that the characters have discovered new info
          sigpicSGU PARTY AT MY PLACE!!

Comment

Working...
          X