Camille forgetting the row boat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camille forgetting the row boat...

I'm thinking Camille forgetting the row boat was obviously a metaphor.

Subconciously, I think she's realized she's probably never really getting off that ship.

Originally posted by Joachim View Post

Subconciously, I think she's realized she's probably never really getting off that ship.
    Yeah, I think Camille has reached the point where the reality of her situation is finally hitting her. Though she can still see Sharon, she'll never really be with her. The stones, in my opinion, are almost torturous in this manner. She'll be so close to Sharon, close enough to touch her but the reality is that they're apart. This "so close but so far away" dichotomy with the stones has already caused so much pain with Scott and Camille. In a way, it might be emotionally just easier for them to cut off communications with Earth and just focus on the tasks before them to get back to Earth.
    sigpic

Comment

Of course, though I didn't really take the missing boat as a metaphor for not coming home--good catch.

When I saw it over the mantle in their home, I realized--hey, this is their retirement dream plan together and the things she cares about are slipping away.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

really? I thought she just drew a blank when drawing it... and well... forgot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
          really? I thought she just drew a blank when drawing it... and well... forgot it.
          What would be the point of writing that into the script?

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            What would be the point of writing that into the script?
            Well... maybe later down the line we'll all find out she had some brain trouble... that will lead her to forgot things.

Comment

I think the idea is she's only been away from home for a fairly short time and she's already starting to forget things. I think that's why it bothered her so much. Sure now she's just forgotten the rowboat but what might follow in the potentially years to come, her friends, her home, Sharon's face?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                I think the idea is she's only been away from home for a fairly short time and she's already starting to forget things. I think that's why it bothered her so much. Sure now she's just forgotten the rowboat but what might follow in the potentially years to come, her friends, her home, Sharon's face?
                Very astute observation. To her, the memory slippery slope you've described would be almost as frightening to her as dying on a ship full of virtual strangers living at each other's throats. The reality of this and losing Sharon (perhaps forever) is absolutely devastating to her. Honestly, I believe it would be devastating to anyone.
                sigpic

Comment

Well... maybe later down the line we'll all find out she had some brain trouble...
                  She's not daniel faraday. /:

I like that as well.

Perhaps it's a little both. Subconciously she realizes she's not coming home any time soon, and that scares her - not only that, but the "distance" seems to be growing.

Comment

she probably just forgot to draw the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
                      she probably just forgot to draw the boat.
                      Then why would they write it into the script at all?

I agree with what the OP said: Forgetting to draw the only way off of "their" island made her think of the ship and there not being any way off of it.

Comment

There's the obvious 'she missed the boat' comment, but I won't.
                        Like how you start to forget things about the people you care about most when they're gone [the sound of their voices, their faces], she was forgetting some of the details about her old life.
                        I'd laugh if she sketched the ugly chair next. Any detail's better than none.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

very astute observation!! nice!!
                          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Maybe in another reality where Camille on the ship came from there was never a row boat in the picture, but somehow she got transfered to a reality where there was indeed the slight difference of there being a row boat in the picture. Thus, Camille wouldn't have put it in her drawing. So this is maybe also why Scott suddenly has a son in this reality, but not in the previous reality. So, who likes my crazy theory?
                            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                              Maybe in another reality where Camille on the ship came from there was never a row boat in the picture, but somehow she got transfered to a reality where there was indeed the slight difference of there being a row boat in the picture. Thus, Camille wouldn't have put it in her drawing. So this is maybe also why Scott suddenly has a son in this reality, but not in the previous reality. So, who likes my crazy theory?
                              It's a few fish short of a pond to me.
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                              X