Favourite Quotes/Moments from 'Life'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Quotes/Moments from 'Life'

As the title says. I'd rather not have this thread devolve into any bashing of SGU, mmmkay? Just post your favourite moments/quotes from Life.

Favourite quote for me goes to Greer:
    "Hey - looks like we found the dentist's office!"

And this one from TJ, after hearing Franklin's rant.
    "So you're doing fine then."

Favourite moment:
    Young beating the crap out of Telford. Niiice!
    Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 16 March 2011, 04:26 AM.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Honestly, I think my favorite moments were the Camile/Sharon scenes. I can't remember exactly what it was, but the line that Camile said in Chinese (?? correct me if I'm wrong...) about the chair to Sharon was so cool, given the significance of it.

I also liked her line after we see her talking to her parents:

"Told you it wouldn't take long."

I get the feeling that her parents have a big problem with her, probably related to her being a lesbian. That was a subtle but powerful insight to her character.
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

This is an episode I have trouble picking out favorite scenes or quotes. I really liked the whole thing.

Comment

A big thumbs up to those Wray/Sharon scenes. I knew they were going to be adorable like that.

I loved the "short-hands" the two seems to have, like regarding that chair.

"So..."
        "Hm."
        "Yeah."
        "Uh."
        "Ok."
        "Right."

...Or something like that. Those few short words and noises meant so much.

Their parting words were particularly powerful for me. "Wo Ai Ni", as I'm sure many have already figured out, means "I love you." in Chinese. It's great that TPTB avoided adding subtitles for that one. Sharon's Awesome.

Also loved seeing Young flipping out over Spencer. I was scared for him for a moment there.

"SHUUUUT UUUUP!!"

And, of course.

"Mini-Matt!"

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          A big thumbs up to those Wray/Sharon scenes. I knew they were going to be adorable like that.
          Aha, nice! That's the word I was looking to use...adorable
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

Ahh. cool So you have a mini matt.

And looks like we found the dentist's chair were my 2 faves.

Comment

young/teleford round 2
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The Funny one:
                TJ: "What are you doing to relieve the stress?"
                Dr Park: "Oh! I uuh...um, read?"

The Serious Business one:
                Greer: "I wish people would just shut up, be happy for what I am......
                people less willing or able to do... What I Do."
                Last edited by BurningIce; 21 November 2009, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Indeed. I can easlily say that they are now one of my favourite stargate couples.
                  sigpic

Comment

MINIMATT!

and the chloe/eli at the end

Comment

fav moment: Young telling Rush HE could sit in the chair!

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
                        fav moment: Young telling Rush HE could sit in the chair!
                        I thought that was a good plan but Rush chickened out.
                        If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                        Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post

This one from TJ, after hearing Franklin's rant.
                          "So you're doing fine then."

Favourite moment:
                          Young beating the crap out of Telford. Niiice!
                          I laughed at TJ's line too, the delivery was perfect. Also loved the Telford/Young scene.
                          I can picture in my mind, a world without war, a world without hate.... and i can picture us attacking that world cause they'd never see it comming

Comment

There was a quote from Eli, about the consequences of using Telfords plan. It was almost a Ghosbusters quote, which would work great for Eli, but alas they didn't go for it.
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                              I thought that was a good plan but Rush chickened out.
                              I thought i saw a smirk come across his face just after young left. Perhaps that is what he was wanting all along.

Comment

Working...
                              X