This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Well actually there would still be a need for the military, sport, there’d just be a wider recruiting pool. There are people in civilian life who could hack it in the military, they simply choose not to. Further while you can single out people in the military because we have chosen to serve, it still boils right down to the fact that we still work the same way as everyone else.
    NEGATIVE
    There are 300 million individuals in the United States

Military:
    Active personnel 1,473,900[2]
    Reserve personnel 1,458,500[3]

1- If the majority of individuals in the US were solider for Military Service then America would be a warrior society.
    2- If the majority of individuals in the US were solider ready there would be no need for recruiting.

The are not normal individuals Platoon.
    The are not advertised as normal individuals
    They are refined.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
      I concur.
      Glad you do old chap

Comment

Especially agreeing with a soldier.....
        sigpic
        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Especially agreeing with a soldier.....
          Ahh Marines and Army, united at last

Comment

...I wouldn't go that far, PBI.....
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

...I wouldn't go that far, PBI.....
              Typical

Comment

*nods* yup
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                  I agree they are not super soldiers.
                  Yet they are not regular or normal, they're experiences aren't normal. They are prepared and trained for combat. If anyone could do their job their would be no need for the military.
                  Ever heard of conscription? Manditory National Service? Everyone can serve in the military, everyone has the capability to do so. Not everyone is infantry. Someone has to do the books, and build bridges and fix computers. Someone has to do environmental studies, and practice medicine and teach.

The military is society in a cup.

They are regular human beings, but I find it's more often the American's who like to consider the military 'above'. Other countries tend to look at them as human's who are there to do a job - most often by choice.
                  Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Once again, Devil, well said.
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                      Ever heard of conscription? Manditory National Service? Everyone can serve in the military, everyone has the capability to do so. Not everyone is infantry. Someone has to do the books, and build bridges and fix computers. Someone has to do environmental studies, and practice medicine and teach.

The military is society in a cup.

They are regular human beings, but I find it's more often the American's who like to consider the military 'above'. Other countries tend to look at them as human's who are there to do a job - most often by choice.
                      Absolutely, bloody well said Deevil. Let’s not forget the cooks, the postmen, the mechanics, the recruiters etc, the huge number of jobs that exist in the military that truly show the military to be a microcosm of society. Further the fact that it’s normal people doing a job make those moments when someone goes above and beyond the call of duty and does something so heroic, because they’ve done something special the military immortalises them with medals and battle honours.

Comment

Say what? People in the military are normal people, doing a job, prone to the same foibles and pitfalls as the rest of humanity. We aren’t a bunch of super soldiers.
                        M6, where have you been???

I think you're a super soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                          M6, where have you been???

I think you're a super soldier.
                          I know I'm super But appraently the mods and their 10 days of moderation thought otherwise

Comment

I know I'm super But appraently the mods and their 10 days of moderation thought otherwise
                            Awwww, here, have a biscuit.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                              Awwww, here, have a biscuit.
                              Thankyou, NOM NOM NOM

Comment

Dirty little thief! Someone kill that bloody rabbit!
                                sigpic
                                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X