Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
    Awwww, he misses Rush!
    Rush could make a great human shield for Young.
    sigpic
    Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
      Rush could make a great human shield for Young.

Comment

Seeing as how the vast majority of SGU characters are Christians of some kind, I'm assuming he's praying silently in his head. Or contemplating the fates of Scott and Greer. Or both.

Comment

i dunno imo that was a very epic ending. just how they crafted the music with greer and scott running, eli running and then zooming in on young with the blinking lights. probably in my top ten cliffhangers
          There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
            Seeing as how the vast majority of SGU characters are Christians of some kind, I'm assuming he's praying silently in his head. Or contemplating the fates of Scott and Greer. Or both.
            Err they are? I count one main character plus some extras who are christians.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
              The only one I see for certain is a Christian is Scott. Thier are others I suspect but thier is no concrete cannon information to prove them.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                It's been implied that quite a few others are Christians as well, IIRC. Scott's the only person whose whole identity at some point revolved around his faith.

Comment

Interesting. Do you have any evidence of that? Like, scenes or something?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Interesting. Do you have any evidence of that? Like, scenes or something?
                    Chloe does a silent prayer in "Air, Part I" during the Lucian Alliance's attack on the base (and seeing as how she's white an American, the most logical out of the religions which include praying for her would be a Christian denomination of some kind). That's the only one which I can remember off the top of my head and I don't feel like re-watching all of the episodes to look for the hints.

I just remember a few character being implied to be Christian (or at least Abrahamic) on their actions or words.

Comment

Chloe does a silent prayer in "Air, Part I" during the Lucian Alliance's attack on the base (and seeing as how she's white an American, the most logical out of the religions which include praying for her would be a Christian denomination of some kind). That's the only one which I can remember off the top of my head and I don't feel like re-watching all of the episodes to look for the hints.

I just remember a few character being implied to be Christian (or at least Abrahamic) on their actions or words.
                      that seems like pretty flimsy evidence, especially given that we never see her do it again
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                        that seems like pretty flimsy evidence, especially given that we never see her do it again
                        So she's an Atheist who randomly prays sometimes? Or was she praying to Buddha or Shiva?

She was praying, something which is almost exclusive to the Abrahamic faiths, at least in the way that she prayed (or rather the ways she did not pray in since the other major faiths have specific rituals when it comes to praying, like kneeling or hand-clasping in a specific position). She's also from the United States, where (in the latest survey, which was carried out in 2007) 78.4% profess to being of a Christian denomination and seeing as how she's portrayed as a WASP and is decidedly Caucasian, it makes the odds or her being either Jewish or a Muslim slim to none.

If we assume that she's not a member of some random cult but a member of one of the major faiths, all of the signs point towards her being a Christian. She's, at the very least, most definitely not an Atheist or irreligious (unless you want to argue that she was having a Homer Simpson Moment ("Jesus, Buddha, Allah, I love you all!").

Comment

So she's an Atheist who randomly prays sometimes? Or was she praying to Buddha or Shiva?

She was praying, something which is almost exclusive to the Abrahamic faiths, at least in the way that she prayed (or rather the ways she did not pray in since the other major faiths have specific rituals when it comes to praying, like kneeling or hand-clasping in a specific position). She's also from the United States, where (in the latest survey, which was carried out in 2007) 78.4% profess to being of a Christian denomination and seeing as how she's portrayed as a WASP and is decidedly Caucasian, it makes the odds or her being either Jewish or a Muslim slim to none.

If we assume that she's not a member of some random cult but a member of one of the major faiths, all of the signs point towards her being a Christian. She's, at the very least, most definitely not an Atheist or irreligious (unless you want to argue that she was having a Homer Simpson Moment ("Jesus, Buddha, Allah, I love you all!").
                          Yep, okay, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
                            Something about that last shot is really getting to me. Something about that defiant look and the way he looks upward just before the lights begin to go out has me thinking that he has some kind of trick up his sleeve related to the next pulsar burst.

Every great commander always has a backup plan, the Telford play was risky to begin with and it seems doubtful Young would have gambled the lives of everyone on the ship if he wasn't entirely confident they could succeed.

What are you guys thinking?
                            Damn you, Cam Mitchell!
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

- A vision of suger plums danced through his head.

- "Why did I bang TJ when James was available too... you know Scott really is the man."

- "Spagettios, I really miss them... why do I think of this right before I die?"
                              All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Working...
                              X