Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young has psychologically crumbled and needs be removed from command.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young has psychologically crumbled and needs be removed from command.

I wanted to give Young the benefit of the doubt but based on his performance and behavior in this last episode I think he has emotionally and psychologically crumbled. His intentions were good but he no longer possesses the psychological stability to continue in command and needs to be replaced. It was his inaction from fear to do anything to risk the hostages’ lives that was responsible for LA taking control of the ship and putting everyone’s lives in imminent mortal danger.

It has been argued by some that it was a mistake to not to immediately evacuate the air from the gate room. Tactically I agree but I can understand his decision to delay to first see if he could negotiate their surrender and save Telford who was likely his good friend before he was brainwashed. He didn’t expect they would have the door opening devices that would very quickly allow them to exit (Although, they could have just as easily used explosives to free themselves). Once Eli told him they had devices to open the door he gave the order to evacuate the air but it was too late.

From this point Young completely lost his control once Kiva had taken hostages. Remember his emotional outburst to Park and the others and when he tried to attack Rush when he accurately criticized his tactics. Young stormed into the command center and started yelling at everyone to fix the problem. When they attempted to explain that they didn’t know what was wrong he yelled louder “Don’t analyze just fix it!”. I think for a moment he was completely out of control and hysterical. The expressions on all their faces confirmed they had similar thoughts as well. Rush was being Rush and tactlessly pointed out that Young’s fear to act and endanger anyone’s life was what was responsible for getting him killed. He knew that Young was paralyzed by his fear of doing anything that would risk the hostages’ lives and by default was allowing Kiva free reign. Rush spent a lot of time with her he knew how ruthless she was and that the death toll was just going to rise the longer he delayed taking action against her. Rush rubbed Young’s nose in that reality and Young lost it and tried to attack him. Circumstances unfortunately proved him absolutely correct.

I can see him hesitating to delay the air evacuation to try to save his friend Telford but to turn over food and water and then computer control to Kiva was incredibly stupid. Once Kiva shot that hostage he should have known she is not to be trusted or reasoned with. He should have evacuated the room to near vacuum to incapacitate them and then sent in an armed team to dispatch any LA still consciousness; immediately followed by civilians to attempt resuscitation (if possible) of all the hostages. Rush was right, Young needed to act and cut his losses before the situation escalated but he didn’t and was completely paralyzed by his fear of hurting anyone.

Relying on Telford's plan imo was asinine as evidenced by what happened. It was far too risky and too many things could have gone wrong.

Go back and rewatch the scene in the command center after Kiva kills the solider before you disagree with me. You can see in Young’s face that he looked hysterical for a moment and from the expressions on the faces of Park, Volker, Brody, and Rush they all realized it as well. I am not Young bashing. Imo the show is not just portraying a character that has made mistakes in judgment but as one that is psychologically crumbling. O’Neill’s direct criticism of his judgment is more evidence. It was Young’s inability to act from a fear to risk the hostages’ lives that resulted in LA taking over the ship and placing everyone’s life in mortal peril.

The Mighty 6 platoon’s assessment that he has PTSD may be accurate and intended by the writers. I would be extremely surprised if his mental state doesn’t continue to deteriorate over future episodes and is the focus a major plot line.

Who will replace him is the problem. All the other officers are junior and not ready for command. TJ’s comment of disapproval to Young when he told her about his plan to evacuate the gate room shows me she probably isn’t suited either. If Telford survives it is a possibility but even though he was brainwashed having him assume command doesn’t sit well with me. Wray certainly isn’t qualified. It will be interesting to see what happens. Who knows if LA will take over the ship and for how long? Maybe Young will redeem himself and retake the ship? Will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Blackhole; 14 June 2010, 09:02 PM.

Would still rather than have Young than Wray. Im gutted Wray wasnt murdered in the finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
      I wanted to give Young the benefit of the doubt but based on his performance and behavior in this last episode I think he has emotionally and psychologically crumbled. His intentions were good but he no longer possesses the psychological stability to continue in command and needs to be replaced. It was his inaction from fear to do anything to risk the hostages’ lives that was responsible for LA taking control of the ship and putting everyone’s lives in imminent mortal peril.
      I don't think Young has ever been completely psychologically stable but I don't think it was inaction from fear. I think it was inaction in not wanting to rish Rush (who he believed was in Telford's body)'s life and thereby Telford's as well, as both men would die, he'd believe. He had no reason to believe that the LA could get those doors open and he sought to negotiate to spare a man's life. Should he have vented the room? Probably. But if he had, we'd be having another sort of debate about how he always wanted to kill...blah blah blah. You know how it goes

It has been argued by some that it was a mistake to not to immediately evacuate the air from the gate room. Tactically I agree but I can understand his decision to delay to first see if he could negotiate their surrender and save Telford who was likely his good friend before he was brainwashed. He didn’t expect they would have the door opening devices that would very quickly allow them to exit (Although, they could have just as easily used explosives to free themselves). Once Eli told him they had devices to open the door he gave the order to evacuate the air but it was too late.
      there we go. "Tactically I agree." and yes, tactically I agree too. He really had nothing to lose at that moment as he had no way to know that the LA could get out of the gateroom anyway. So he negotiates to save someone, and we're back at the beginning.

From this point Young completely lost his control once Kiva had taken hostages. Remember his emotional outburst to Park and the others
      I don't believe that he's completely lost control of the situation. He continues to negotiate and plan to get the hostages back, while dealing with a pulsar that will kill them all, and dealing with Telford in a plan to change events. He's got a lot on his plate but I wouldn't say he's lost it. As for yelling, yelling is sort of something Young does. He's used to dealing with military personnel and he's a yeller. That he's yelling now doesn't mean that he's lost control. Also, later when Park says "Don't yell", he has no problem not yelling.

and when he tried to attack Rush when he accurately criticized his tactics.
      I saw that as having nothing to do with Rush questioning tactics and more about Rush saying something that could be seen as callous about the death of Rivers, one of Young's men. Rish didn't mention anything about tactics in that exchange
      that exchange is:
      Spoiler:
      YOUNG: Rivers is dead.

PARK (appalled): What?!

(Brody looks down, shocked. Rush also lowers his gaze.)

RUSH (calmly): Well, it was gonna be someone.

(Young looks at him for a moment, then starts to step towards him but soon breaks into a run and tries to throw himself at him. Brody and Volker grab him and try to hold him back, knowing that he'll beat Rush to a pulp if he gets his hands on him.)

VOLKER: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!

(Rush looks at Young, unafraid.)

RUSH: Or would you prefer it was Chloe, or Eli? Lieutenant Johansen, perhaps?

(Young stills, glaring at him. The other men release him. Rush points at him angrily.)

RUSH: Don't bloody tell me you weren't thinking the same thing.

(Young steps towards him again. Brody grabs his jacket just in case. Young points angrily back at Rush.)
      here is no mention of tactics in that exchange so I really don't know where that comes from.

Young stormed into the command center and started yelling at everyone to fix the problem. When they attempted to explain that they didn’t know what was wrong he yelled louder “Don’t analyze just fix it!”. I think for a moment he was completely out of control and was hysterical.
      again, he's a yeller. He's always been a yeller and he's always yelled at them to fix it. This isn't much different than any other time. I didn't see hysteria there but YMMV
      The expressions on all their faces confirmed they had similar thoughts as well. Rush was being Rush and tactlessly pointed out that Young’s fear to act and endanger anyone’s life was what was responsible for getting him killed.
      I hate to say it but that didn't happen as the transcript piece above shows. You may be conflating it with a snippet from a previous episode? In any case, it didn't happen here.

He knew that Young was paralyzed by his fear of doing anything that would risk the hostages’ lives and by default was allowing Kiva free reign. Rush spent a lot of time with her he knew the death toll was just going to rise the longer he delayed taking action against her. Rush rubbed Young’s nose in that reality and Young lost it and tried to attack him. Circumstances unfortunately proved him absolutely correct.
      Rush rubbed his nose in the death of one of Young's men. That's not being paralyzed with fear, as Young has had no problem making plans on the ground after the initial failure to vent the gate room.

I can see him hesitating to delay the air evacuation to try to save his friend Telford but to turn over food and water and then computer control to Kiva was incredibly stupid.
      he turned over food and water (that was agreed to by Wray, who was negotiating) in order to get people back. Should he have refused and let people be killed? What good is keeping food and water if all your people are dead? With the pulsar, they needed Kiva to agree, or all of them would die. I don't get how that's stupid. He continues to have Kiva agree to things and continues to maneuver Kiva into a position that he can work with. It goes without saying that the food and water are probably also deeply appreciated by the hostages on the other side who are also doing without, or would it be okay to starve them all?

Once Kiva shot that hostage he should have known she is not to be trusted or reasoned with.
      I think he's well aware of that but he still has to try to work with her to get his people back

He should have evacuated the room to near vacuum to incapacitate them and then sent in an armed team to dispatch any LA still consciousness; immediately followed by civilians to attempt resuscitation (if possible) of all the hostages. Rush was right, Young needed to act and cut his losses but he didn’t and was completely paralyzed by his fear of hurting anyone.
      Young and Telford's plan was to have all the hostages coralled into a certain room and have all connecting areas vented. Just because that plan hasn't been completed in this episode doesn't mean that it won't happen.

Relying on Telford's plan imo was asinine as evidenced by what happened. It was far too risky and too many things could have gone wrong.
      we won't know that until the next season. The part of the plan that has happened is that, rather than having the LA and hostages all in the gate room and intermingled, the hostages are separate, and locked in a room. There's no way to know if they are guarded from the inside but iot wouldn't make sense for the LA to be there with that many people to control. So, hostages in a locked room and the LA outside. It looks like their plan is going okay to me or at least going the way they wanted it to go.

Go back and rewatch the scene in the command center after Kiva kills the solider before you disagree with me. You can see in Young’s face that he looked hysterical for a moment and from the expressions on the faces of Park, Volker, Brody, and Rush they all realized it as well.
      Shock and anger at people dying is pretty normal. It doesn't equal hysteria.

I am not Young bashing. Imo the show is not just portraying a character that has made mistakes in judgment but as one that is psychologically crumbling. O’Neill’s direct criticism of his judgment is more evidence. It was Young’s inability to act from a fear to risk the hostages’ lives that resulted in LA taking over the ship and placing everyone’s life in mortal peril.

The Mighty 6 platoon’s assessment that he has PTSD may be accurate and intended by the writers. I would be extremely surprised if his mental state doesn’t continue to deteriorate over future episodes and is the focus a major plot line.

Who will replace him is the problem. All the other officers are junior and not ready for command. TJ’s comment of disapproval to Young when he told her about his plan to evacuate the gate room shows me she probably isn’t suited either. If Telford survives it is a possibility but even though he was brainwashed having him assume command doesn’t sit well with me. Wray certainly isn’t qualified. It will be interesting to see what happens. Who knows if LA will take over the ship and for how long? Maybe Young will redeem himself and retake the ship? Will have to wait and see.
      The thing is, I think you are Young bashing.
      Is Young right for this command? No. Even Young the character would agree to that. Is Young damaged and likely suffering from PTSD? You bet. But I think that when you take it as far as you have, even to the point of conflating events or seeing things that simply didn't happen, just to bag on a character? yeah, I think that's bashing.
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Whats the altenative? Wray? Telford? Rush? Scott?

I think we all know Young has his problems but then again so does everyone else on this ship. Minus BAG of course.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Whats the altenative? Wray? Telford? Rush? Scott?

I think we all know Young has his problems but then again so does everyone else on this ship. Minus BAG of course.
          If only Riley could stop getting shot or smashed up, put Riley in charge
          okay, so I said that just to make MattSilver's heart go all pitterpatter but you're right, their options are pretty crummy and at least you can work with Young
          sigpic

Comment

Thing is, as of Incursion Part 2, the LA are in command of Destiny. Viva la Revolution! Young, Wray, Telford, A.N. Other are in command of diddly squat.
            Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
              Thing is, as of Incursion Part 2, the LA are in command of Destiny. Viva la Revolution! Young, Wray, Telford, A.N. Other are in command of diddly squat.
              the controls were transferred back to "our" side so Kiva doesn't command anything yet. Brody and Rush are in the Auxiliary Control Room, with control.
              sigpic

Comment

Rush will do whatever the men with guns tell him to do, Brody will follow his lead. Wether those men with guns are LA or SGC remains to be seen. Autumn cant come quick enough! Roll on S2!
                Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                  the controls were transferred back to "our" side so Kiva doesn't command anything yet. Brody and Rush are in the Auxiliary Control Room, with control.
                  Didn't Rush say he couldn't complete the transfer?

Perfecto!

Comment

This is one of those horrible, crazy, impossible-to-foresee situations that every military commander probably dreads happening, prepares for as best as one can, and then is forced to play by ear when it occurs. Why? Because things never ever happen as predicted or expected or willed when people are added to the mix.

Sure, tactically the best option may have seemed to be to vent the entire gate room to space the moment the LA started coming through the wormhole, but not only would that have been a far colder option than I think Young is actually capable of, it's also incredibly short-sighted. Young had no reason to think that he didn't have at least a short amount of time to get more information out of the LA; he had no way to know they had those door-opening devices and so probably figured to use some time to assess the situation further which could have worked to their advantage if the LA happened to be planning a second wave of some sort or if there happened to be more to their plan. Killing them outright may have taken care of those particular infiltrators, but it would have done nothing in the bigger picture if the LA had planned something else as well.

Regardless, venting atmosphere was a moot point because it would have taken far more time than it took the LA to open the doors with their devices, so they would have had those doors open anyway. The end result would have been the same.

Then there were hostages and while it's kind of easy to sit back and assess the situation now, deeming this more wrong and that move better or worse than any other, working in the moment is probably impossible to fathom.

Should Young have killed everyone including the hostages by venting the atmosphere? What would that have accomplished other than ridding the Destiny of the LA (for a short time perhaps)? Who would have followed his command after that? Would it have been worth losing their only medic, a handful of soldiers and scientists? How much longer would they have survived with Wray in charge of a mission demanding military leadership, with Rush off handling his own agenda, and Young probably doubting/hating himself to the point of being useless to everyone aboard the Destiny?

Crappy situation all around, but of all the not-so-great choices for leadership, Young was probably the best. And honestly, considering the strength of the LA and all the time they've had to plan this incursion vs. how much time Destiny has had to plan its defense, I don't think it would have ended up any other way.
                    sigpic

Comment

Was the transfer complete?

But you're right, in the end Rush, Brody, Eli (Chloe), Greer and Scott are free to act against the LA intruders. I think it's not easy to create a scenario in which they can outsmart the LA, but the five may find a way, the story is not at its end yet.
                      sigpic

Comment

Reply to Post #3 Part 1

I don't think Young has ever been completely psychologically stable but I don't think it was inaction from fear. I think it was inaction in not wanting to rish Rush (who he believed was in Telford's body)'s life and thereby Telford's as well, as both men would die, he'd believe. He had no reason to believe that the LA could get those doors open and he sought to negotiate to spare a man's life. Should he have vented the room? Probably. But if he had, we'd be having another sort of debate about how he always wanted to kill...blah blah blah. You know how it goes

there we go. "Tactically I agree." and yes, tactically I agree too. He really had nothing to lose at that moment as he had no way to know that the LA could get out of the gateroom anyway. So he negotiates to save someone, and we're back at the beginning.
                        Actually we are not back at the beginning because by delaying he gave them time to access their door opening devices and exit the gate room. If Young had immediately evacuated the room all the LA people would have been incapacitated or killed and the attack thwarted. Rush’s life would never have been at risk. As soon as Young saw Telford's body if he had immediately ordered the stones disconnected then it would only have been Telford’s life at risk. After the evacuation he could have rushed in and resuscitated Telford and hopefully saved him.

I said I could understand how Young wanted to delay not that it wasn't a critical error to do so. As I have just explained the attack could have been thwarted and Telford likely saved if he had immediately evacuated the gate room. Young knew that the LA incursion force was likely to be much better equipped than Destiny’s forces. Young also knew if they escaped from the gate room then the ship would likely be taken as it turned out it was.

I realize that everything went down the way it did because the writers intended it that way. They wanted LA to gain a foothold and they wanted a suspenseful season ending cliff hangar. I don’t recall any past season enders in the Stargate world where the enemy had gained their advantage from gross negligence on the commander’s part. Their advantage was usually due to superior technology, very clever planning or just an impending attack. In Incursion 1 & 2 their advantage was due solely to Young’s gross lapse in judgment. Immediately evacuating the gate room was the only action that would have thwarted the attack. He failed to do it in time and LA gained their foothold. This decision and later ones cost him the ship. General O’Neil’s condemnation of Young’s failure proves this point beyond a shadow of a doubt. Otherwise why was the scene included? Add to this Young’s angry outburst in the command center and vis-a vis the intention of the episode was to portray Young making a catastrophic mistake due to significant psychological deterioration? The form of this deterioration was his inability to attack the LA because it put one or more of his men at risk. In the military world this type of decision is unavoidable and probably the hardest to make. Young’s fear of sacrificing one of his men was what stopped him from implementing the evacuation of the gate room when it had to be done.

I don't believe that he's completely lost control of the situation. He continues to negotiate and plan to get the hostages back, while dealing with a pulsar that will kill them all, and dealing with Telford in a plan to change events. He's got a lot on his plate but I wouldn't say he's lost it. As for yelling, yelling is sort of something Young does. He's used to dealing with military personnel and he's a yeller. That he's yelling now doesn't mean that he's lost control. Also, later when Park says "Don't yell", he has no problem not yelling.

I saw that as having nothing to do with Rush questioning tactics and more about Rush saying something that could be seen as callous about the death of Rivers, one of Young's men. Rish didn't mention anything about tactics in that exchange
                        that exchange is:

Spoiler:
                        YOUNG: Rivers is dead.

PARK (appalled): What?!

(Brody looks down, shocked. Rush also lowers his gaze.)

RUSH (calmly): Well, it was gonna be someone.

(Young looks at him for a moment, then starts to step towards him but soon breaks into a run and tries to throw himself at him. Brody and Volker grab him and try to hold him back, knowing that he'll beat Rush to a pulp if he gets his hands on him.)

VOLKER: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!

(Rush looks at Young, unafraid.)

RUSH: Or would you prefer it was Chloe, or Eli? Lieutenant Johansen, perhaps?

(Young stills, glaring at him. The other men release him. Rush points at him angrily.)

RUSH: Don't bloody tell me you weren't thinking the same thing.

(Young steps towards him again. Brody grabs his jacket just in case. Young points angrily back at Rush.)
                        here is no mention of tactics in that exchange so I really don't know where that comes from.
                        Young has yelled at Rush, Spencer and Telford but it was after he was provoked. After he had found out that Franklin had sat in the chair and was now in a coma he yelled at Rush; Telford for trying to sabotage his marriage; Spencer for picking on Franklin I believe it was. I don’t remember him ever yelling during a command crisis situation. I think the last two episodes were the only two instances. In last episode when Rush initially advised him that there was no way to win the battle with LA unless he is willing to risk and possibly sacrifice lives. Young got very angry then because he didn't like to hear what he said. But the clear fact remains that Rush was right and Young was wrong. If Young had immediately evacuated the chamber the attack would have been over and Telford may or may not have died. It was at its worse during Incursion 2. He stormed into the room and yelled at Park and the others. They hadn’t provoked him and his reaction was irrational. How can they fix something when they don’t know what is causing it? The look on Young’s face was very telling. The transcript only conveys the words not how they looked. Imo the look in Young’s face was hysteria and the looks in all the other’s faces were confirmation.

The meaning I got from his exchange was this: he tactlessly told Young look: ‘you waited and one man is dead it could just as easily have been Chloe or Eli or Lieutenant Johansen who you are likely to care even more about. You really have screwed up.’ I think Rush would have influenced Young far better if his message hadn’t been phrased as it was but Rush was angry that one person had died and the situation had needlessly escalated because of Young poor judgment. As the entire episode clearly showed Rush was right. Young refused to take direct confrontative action against the LA and the situation deteriorated until more died and he lost the ship.

again, he's a yeller. He's always been a yeller and he's always yelled at them to fix it. This isn't much different than any other time. I didn't see hysteria there but YMMV
                        I hate to say it but that didn't happen as the transcript piece above shows. You may be conflating it with a snippet from a previous episode? In any case, it didn't happen here.
                        Again Young’s yelling in a command crisis situation only started in Incursion 1 and worsened in Incursion 2.

Rush rubbed his nose in the death of one of Young's men. That's not being paralyzed with fear, as Young has had no problem making plans on the ground after the initial failure to vent the gate room.
                        My description may be colorful but it explains why Young got so angry at Rush. Again, Rush could have phrased his point in a less inflammatory manner but it still was true and Young probably knew it.

he turned over food and water (that was agreed to by Wray, who was negotiating) in order to get people back. Should he have refused and let people be killed? What good is keeping food and water if all your people are dead? With the pulsar, they needed Kiva to agree, or all of them would die. I don't get how that's stupid. He continues to have Kiva agree to things and continues to maneuver Kiva into a position that he can work with. It goes without saying that the food and water are probably also deeply appreciated by the hostages on the other side who are also doing without, or would it be okay to starve them all?

I think he's well aware of that but he still has to try to work with her to get his people back
                        No he doesn’t. Kiva has clearly shown that she can’t be trusted and will likely kill everyone who is a threat to her as soon as she can. Unfortunately the only way to handle the crisis is still to attack them directly and evacuation is the only effective tool they have. He should have evacuated the air and immediately gone in and shot any LA invaders still conscious. They then could have immediately tried to resuscitate the hostages. Lives may have been lost but it was the only way to end the threat and cut their losses. We keep coming back to the fact that there was only one way to end the attack and that was to evacuate the gate room and risk the lives of any of his people in there. Young didn’t have the resolve to issue the order because he was too afraid to risk their lives. The first time it would have only been Telford’s life on the line; the second time there was about a dozen. Kiva knew Young didn’t have the stomach to do what was necessary so she kept upping the ante until she forced him to surrender the ship.

Posters with military backgrounds like The Mighty Six platoon and others plus General O’Neill himself have all indicated that Young really screwed up.

Because this is a TV show and things usually always workout for the better doesn’t change the fact that Young screwed up and lost the ship. It just means in this fantasy world Young probably won’t have to suffer the consequences that realistically would have occurred.
                        Last edited by Blackhole; 13 June 2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Reply to Post #3 Part 2

Young and Telford's plan was to have all the hostages coralled into a certain room and have all connecting areas vented. Just because that plan hasn't been completed in this episode doesn't mean that it won't happen.

we won't know that until the next season. The part of the plan that has happened is that, rather than having the LA and hostages all in the gate room and intermingled, the hostages are separate, and locked in a room. There's no way to know if they are guarded from the inside but iot wouldn't make sense for the LA to be there with that many people to control. So, hostages in a locked room and the LA outside. It looks like their plan is going okay to me or at least going the way they wanted it to go.
                          Next season there may be a miraculous dues ex machina resolution but the inescapable fact remains that Young lost the ship and the injuries and loss of life could have been prevented with the possible exception of Telford if Young had had the resolve to do what was necessary when they first boarded the ship.

Shock and anger at people dying is pretty normal. It doesn't equal hysteria.

The thing is, I think you are Young bashing.
                          Is Young right for this command? No. Even Young the character would agree to that. Is Young damaged and likely suffering from PTSD? You bet. But I think that when you take it as far as you have, even to the point of conflating events or seeing things that simply didn't happen, just to bag on a character? yeah, I think that's bashing.
                          I am not Young bashing. I am just pointing out that his judgment when viewed by realistic and reasonable military standards was extremely poor and I offered PTSD as explanation. If you don’t think Young has demonstrated very bad judgment then why was the scene put in Incursion 1 where General O’Neill is seen criticizing his judgment and threatening to replace him in command? Or why was the scene included where Sam is forced to leave before recovering two of her 302 pilots? Why would the writers place both scenes in if not to cast doubt on his judgment and demonstrate that a commander has to be willing to sacrifice his men when the circumstances demand it? His anger problems were bad in Insurrection 1 and at their worse in Incursion 2. In 2 he reacted very angrily and irrationally and without provocation. In my mind his unprovoked yelling and attempt to attack Rush in a crisis situation paired with his catastrophically poor decisions demonstrate significant psychological deterioration over the last two episodes. And the fact remains that if Young had immediately evacuated the gate room the entire crisis would have been averted. In my mind a mistake of that magnitude is evidence that he is no longer fit for command.
                          Last edited by Blackhole; 15 June 2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

not! if so then Rush should have been able to drop the shield and let Scott and Greer back in
                            sigpic

Comment

When Kiva and Telford shot each other the transfer was halted partway through. It wasn't a simple matter of Telford hitting the "Send" button and Rush heading to Destiny's inbox.

I imagine that in the Season 2 premier we'll find ourselves in a very similar situation as the same kind of transfer was halted midway through in 'Divided'; the Lucian Alliance and the SGC folks will each find themselves in control of certain systems, and not have access to others.

Comment

Working...
                              X