Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young has psychologically crumbled and needs be removed from command.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
    It's not a fair comparassion. Every other SG incarnation had hand picked teams specially selected to do the job they did. Young is stuck with everyone who came through the Gate to Destiny. Most of whom were not supposed to be on the expedition. As such the discord and difficulty he has faced should not be entirely attributed to his command abilities.
    I'm sorry, but no. You're trying the argument "It's not his fault! It's because of everyone else!" and that won't work, because we are discussing purely *HIS* decisions. You or I could make much better decisions were we in his place, and you know it. Especially when his decisions go directly against military mindset training. It's like he doesn't recall his training at all, when the whole point of it is to drill it into recruits so thoroughly they don't forget.

It's like him forgetting how to fire a gun. It just plain shouldn't happen, and you'd rightly call him an idiot if he forgot how.

And jelgate, as we've proved, SGU is a different type of show than SGA and SG-1. Comparisons can't be made very well.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Then shouldn't he be given more leeway in his decision making choices then the harsher criticism in comparassion to past SG leaders?
      If anything he should be more accommodating than he is given the majority of people shouldn't be there. He shouldn't be playing the heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
        If anything he should be more accommodating than he is given the majority of people shouldn't be there. He shouldn't be playing the heavy.
        Thier is too much at stake and too much danger to be playing diplomat to make sure everyone is happy. Their just isn't time for that
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Thier is too much at stake and too much danger to be playing diplomat to make sure everyone is happy. Their just isn't time for that
          Well, he hasn't been accommodating at all so perhaps he should find a middle ground.

Comment

Well, he hasn't been accommodating at all so perhaps he should find a middle ground.
            Purely subjective and fully opinionated.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Kai,

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
              I'm sorry, but no. You're trying the argument "It's not his fault! It's because of everyone else!" and that won't work, because we are discussing purely *HIS* decisions. You or I could make much better decisions were we in his place, and you know it. Especially when his decisions go directly against military mindset training. It's like he doesn't recall his training at all, when the whole point of it is to drill it into recruits so thoroughly they don't forget.

It's like him forgetting how to fire a gun. It just plain shouldn't happen, and you'd rightly call him an idiot if he forgot how.

And jelgate, as we've proved, SGU is a different type of show than SGA and SG-1. Comparisons can't be made very well.
              That's not what I'm saying. Young has clearly made mistakes. I'm saying in the prior incarnations they commanders had hand picked teams. Young doesn't have that luxury. As such while Young has made mistakes it's not as though he's working with the A-listers who've been training together for this particular mission for months or years. His administration is, of necessity, much more ad hoc than it would have been on SG-1 or SGA.

Young bears direct responsibility for his actions. However, those actions aren't the cause of all their troubles.
              All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Purely subjective and fully opinionated.
                Well ... yes. Just the same as anyone else, although it's notable that Young himself said, Listen to me: the civilians aboard this ship didn't try to take over because they thought I was doing a bang-up job. I get that.'

Comment

Well ... yes. Just the same as anyone else, although it's notable that Young himself said, Listen to me: the civilians aboard this ship didn't try to take over because they thought I was doing a bang-up job. I get that.'
                  I know its just thier is no room for debate when you go there. Its all up to interpertation that really isn't right or wrong
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I know its just thier is no room for debate when you go there. Its all up to interpertation that really isn't right or wrong
                    Well, Young said it, so what is there to interpret? That he doesn't really believe it?

Comment

Well, Young said it, so what is there to interpret? That he doesn't really believe it?
                      that the civiliians expect too much
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

that the civiliians expect too much
                        What, that they expect to be spoken to with civility and respect?

Comment

Time management 101: Sometimes, taking a little more time now might save you a lot of time and effort later.

Like explaning a little more to the civillians from them start might have saved everyone the time the whole mutiny thing took and avoided panicing incidents lots of times during the season (see "killing" Telford). Or devoting some manpower to ship repairs/exploration before you're actually in an immediate crisis situation (Eli on 24h surveillance, anyone? Party- stoning?).

Comment

Kelara,

Originally posted by Kelara View Post
                            Time management 101: Sometimes, taking a little more time now might save you a lot of time and effort later.

Like explaning a little more to the civillians from them start might have saved everyone the time the whole mutiny thing took and avoided panicing incidents lots of times during the season (see "killing" Telford). Or devoting some manpower to ship repairs/exploration before you're actually in an immediate crisis situation (Eli on 24h surveillance, anyone? Party- stoning?).
                            I think that's a doggone good point. Young needs to bring Wray and Rush into his security cordon. If he would do that regularly he would have fewer issues when he does need to exclude Wray or Rush for some reason.
                            All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                              Kelara,

I think that's a doggone good point. Young needs to bring Wray and Rush into his security cordon. If he would do that regularly he would have fewer issues when he does need to exclude Wray or Rush for some reason.
                              We don't know how much Young tells Rush and Wray routinely anyway. Not telling her about Rush's infiltration mission of the LA was a sensible precaution. If Wray or anyone else she talked to on the ship was also a mole for LA they could have informed Earth of what Rush was doing as soon as they were back on Earth (via the communication stones).

Comment

Originally posted by Kelara View Post

In an ideal or normal situation but the Destiny which is constantly having problems we are far from ideal or normal
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X