Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young has psychologically crumbled and needs be removed from command.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
    The aliens found him because he activated their craft.
    I meant how the Destiny crew found him. He would've been left with the aliens if Young had not stoned into one and found him in the water tank.

I don't think they're easy enough to get a hold of to do something like what you're suggesting.
    Hmmm. Good point.

As far as I can recall, Young only accuses Rysh of having had a stone, I don't think we ever actually see it. If the aliens actually had a stone I think they would have been connecting to Earth sporadically but that doesn't seem to have happened.

Ser Scot's theory about their brain reading technology interfering with the stones seems far more likely.
    No, the aliens definitely had a stone with them.

Comment

As Sami pointed out, there was no advantage for Rush to be able to communicate with earth any time he wanted, especially since Young would probably find out, since I doubt Rush would be able to arrange in advance for whoever he switched with to keep the swap a secret. The only reason I could think of was that Rush would try to get support to take control of the ship away from Young, but I doubt that even if he had support that O'Neill would agree to letting the Destiny be lead by civilian leadership.

I think it would make more sense to assume that the blue aliens had their own communication stones and learned when they interrogated Rush about the stones on Destiny. We don't know how much they knew about the Ancients, but it's definitely within the realms of possibility that they have access to Ancient technology. Either that or they have their own technology that is similar and they found a way to use to hijack the connections created by the stones.
      sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

I can accept that communicating with Earth alone wasn't an advantage, but there is still the fact that the stones offered an "insurance policy" should Rush get left behind somewhere and is in need to inform others where he is, i.e. Justice.

As for the Blue Aliens having stones of their own hey that rhymes - where would they have gotten it?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          I can accept that communicating with Earth alone wasn't an advantage, but there is still the fact that the stones offered an "insurance policy" should Rush get left behind somewhere and is in need to inform others where he is, i.e. Justice.

As for the Blue Aliens having stones of their own hey that rhymes - where would they have gotten it?
          From Destiny. If they can cut in and beam someone out then they've been on the ship. It is nonsensical that the shield has kept them out.

In regards to what I wrote about Rush having a stone:
          Sorry, but that doesn’t make much sense, Joe. Earlier in the episode, we see all five communication stones in the case. Had one been missing, surely a fuss would have been made over it? Young certainly would have been accusing Rush well before he left him on the blue alien spaceship planet. Sure, Rush could have got one from somewhere else but the same issue occurs. If a stone had been missing from anywhere, someone would have said something; surely something like the stones would be well guarded and a huge stink made if one went missing? Plus, had Rush had a stone from somewhere else, why would he have needed to use one from the case in Air to report back to O’Neill?
          And he responded:
          Answer: That’s assuming there are no extra stones to provide for loss or damage to any of the originals.
          Sure, but again, if a stone had been missing questions would have been asked. It's simple. Stones in case, stone missing, why didn't Young ask about it?

Only logical answer: There were no spare stones and JM is covering his arse.
          Last edited by EllieVee; 10 July 2010, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            I only recall one JM quote in this thread and it's by someone named "E" - is that you?
            That's me.
            sigpic

Comment

Rush is a sneaky b*****d I wouldn't put it past him.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                From Destiny. If they can cut in and beam someone out then they've been on the ship. It is nonsensical that the shield has kept them out.
                They only managed to cut a hole because that part of the ship was shieldless thanks to Lt. James shutting down the power.

Also ran into Exec. Producer Robert Cooper who took me to task for not providing the correct answer to the question: “How were the aliens able to penetrate the shield?” in episode 11, Space. The correct answer: They were able to penetrate the shield because the area they land on is unshielded. Moments earlier, Lieutenant James cuts power to that section in order to save the lives of those trapped in the corridor, unwittingly giving the aliens their opening. So there ya go.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...s-we-go-vegan/

Comment

The communication stones are really Smurf faeces, Rush just happened to find one in the latrine aboard the crashed Smurf ship.
                  Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Working...
                  X