Arm in the event horizon ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hiro View Post
    it's unlikely ... chloe has died 2 times ... a third "resurrection " of the character it's simple impossible
    OMG, They killed Chloe. You ba****ds!
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fridgefiend View Post
      It looked more like a short burst to me. Besides what if he had single fired and it turned out the spider had a super hard alien shell and then decapitated chloe?
      Scott and Eli would have ripped it apart with their bare hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
        But in Air3 that caused the ship to shudder and shake and they only did it for a couple of minutes - it would have taken hours to get Scott & Co out.
        That's what I was thinking . The ship was blowing fuses and rattling its bones and that was for barely over a Minute. The hours it would take to free them? Even the ship tore itself to bits or someone would ended up being called lefty..

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
          They wouldn't have been there in the first place if Greer at fired an entire round in to spider.
          The P-90 is cable of single fire mode.
          And they wouldn't have been in the tunnel in the first place if Scott hadn't given the okay. And Chole and Eli wouldn't have been on the planet if Young hadn't given the okay. And they wouldn't have been on Destiny in the first place if Rush hadn't decided to dial the 9th Chevron while evacuating Icarus. And there wouldn't have been an Icarus base if Carter hadn't solved the stellar drift problem back at the beginning of SG1. I can go on and on if you want to play the ridiculous blame game.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

You're right they should have taken all the time they could buy to get them out...
            Good catch.
            Yeh, if they had sent as many as possible to help with the dig, then they may have been able to get them out if they had done an assembly line deal. Rather than have them blow a hole in the cave hoping to be able to get them out.

I doubt sticking a hand in the event horizon would have helped any, though it does seem like a gross oversight that someone didn't at least try that. Especially knowing that it has been done before. Worst that would have happened is they still weren't able to get them out. Or someone tries the arm thing and someone else points out that the idea is futile and wouldn't buy enough time.
            My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
            "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

E writes: “In “Human” – holding the gate open by sticking something into the event horizon would’ve given the rescue team only 38 minutes, but why didn’t they even try?”

Answer: In Air III, delaying the jump by having Eli stick his arm through the gate bought Scott and Greer the time they needed to reach the gate. In the case of the trapped team in Human, it was pretty clear that the time required would have far exceeded the 38 minute window.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ag-blog-entry/
              sigpic

Comment

1. gates don't stay open that long
                2. the destiny would shake to violently, causing a lot of damage

Comment

Those soldiers were lazy. They should have been working double-time to get move those rocks. If I was Young, I'd throw them out of the airlock.

Comment

Originally posted by ngewakl View Post
                    Those soldiers were lazy. They should have been working double-time to get move those rocks. If I was Young, I'd throw them out of the airlock.
                    Thats crazy. They were working as fast as possble
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

It seemed from what little they showed, to ME that they were not working that fast..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        It seemed from what little they showed, to ME that they were not working that fast..
                        What episode were you watching? Depending on the mass of the material they can only carry so much without damange to themselves
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

They wouldn't have been there in the first place if Greer at fired an entire round in to spider.
                          The P-90 is cable of single fire mode.
                          It was a g36, it was a panicky situation, and he had no idea what effete the rounds would have on it, as someone said it could have had an armoured shell.

Comment

For something that small to have an armoured shell capable of deflecting a bullet it would have to be very thick in relation to its body. Thick armoured shells don't go hand in hand with agility, or indeed the ability to crawl across ceilings. Seems pretty likely one would have done the job.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              What episode were you watching? Depending on the mass of the material they can only carry so much without damange to themselves
                              I find them pretty slow too. A lack of protein and energy should be a sufficient excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenological View Post
                                For something that small to have an armoured shell capable of deflecting a bullet it would have to be very thick in relation to its body. Thick armoured shells don't go hand in hand with agility, or indeed the ability to crawl across ceilings. Seems pretty likely one would have done the job.
                                Greer's a Marine, not an entomologist. Close quarters battle calls for burst fire, it was heat of the moment and Greer reacted. Further you have no idea whether one round will have done the job, muliple rounds are often require on targts to put them down.

Comment

Working...
                                X