Young - Telford Contrast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young - Telford Contrast

I really like the Young character. Did anyone notice the contrast between Telford's and Young's tolerance for pain?

Col Young reminds me of Merlin's earlier self in Atlantis. He has a command presense.
    FAVORITE LINE: "I will not compromise the fundamental tenants of my devotion in order to preserve it." - STARGATE ARK OF TRUTH

well to give Telford some credit, imagine having that kind of pain thrust upon you without warning, although, he may have pushed Young's body too far too fast.. I do like the contrasting leadership styles. Soldier (and Civvies too) oriented vs. task oriented (at least as we've seen so far)
    sigpic

Comment

Good point. The pain must have been thrust upon Telford, but Col. Young is just amazing. Steady handed. Again, he reminds me of the Ancients in "Before I Sleep".
      FAVORITE LINE: "I will not compromise the fundamental tenants of my devotion in order to preserve it." - STARGATE ARK OF TRUTH

Comment

Young has the feel of a leader, like Hammond and Weir.

Landry was a yeller higher-up, not an inspiring leader.

Carter was too soft, but had potential, while Wolsey was both a bureaucrat and a not-fun-at-all-joke.

Telford I can't say yet, but thank God he's on Earth. He's reckless, not caring about another person's body at all, using it as he wishes regardless of consequences. I bet he would make the authoritary-always-pissed-man-in-charge, if he was in Young's place.
        One Ring to rule the Dark Side
        sigpic
        Sith Nazghul

Comment

Originally posted by PacoJr67 View Post
          sig by me. It's a work in progress...
          How many more SG-Babes can you find?!?
          If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
          Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Makenshi View Post
            Young has the feel of a leader, like Hammond and Weir.
            Hammond was a leader, Weir struck me as a diplomat in a scenario where diplomacy was too late who kept trying to assert herself to convince everyone around her that she had a handle on the situation.

Young and Telford had very different leadership styles. And had to say which is better. Really, neither is, you just learn to work within your style. However watching Telford pretty much abuse the borrowed body was a bit painful
            If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
            Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
              How many more SG-Babes can you find?!?
              well there's Lam, Keller, Banks, Heightmayer... I just ran out of space
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                Young and Telford had very different leadership styles. And had to say which is better. Really, neither is, you just learn to work within your style. However watching Telford pretty much abuse the borrowed body was a bit painful
                I think their contrasting styles compliment each other. It would have been interesting to see the two of them work in tandem at the Icarus base.
                sigpic

Comment

Telford does not have the scare factor that Young has. Telford makes a decision to use more power to dial the gate then goes home to sleep in his bed on earth. People on Destiny sleep freezing cold running out of air to breath. I did however love to see how Telford couldnt stand the pain and Young just uses his Crutch/Gun! to walk around.

Comment

I really need to see more of Telford - that's all I'll say - what I see is a burden of command from home to the people on the Destiny - one that as writers TPTB can't just have Jack as the 'one'. Back to Telford actually who does have piloting experience on theDestiny? Will Telford over LRC be key from that POV.
                    sigpic
                    Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Young does seem like a strong and caring leader. For some reason he reminds me of O'Neill from the Movie.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

brake ur ribs then till me if it hurts more or less after a few days living with it , telford wasnt expecting to end up in a body in that bad a state, compare it to getting hit by a car - young had atleast a little while to adapt

as for leadership style, i think both are probably as good as each other and if they were working together as on icuras base then i reckon they'd make a excellent team. always good to have someone calm, strong and authoritve and then have a hardass barking orders out next to him. first one gets everyone working as a family, second makes sure it doesnt get too relaxed

Comment

I really like Young. Sure me may be having an affair with T.J., but he just seems to be a strong and genuinely nice leader who finds the strengths in people. Being very trusting and supportive to both Scott and Eli.
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            Young does seem like a strong and caring leader. For some reason he reminds me of O'Neill from the Movie.
                            Oh, I forgot about the original movie. Kurt Russell. yeah, i think you are right. Young does remind me as well of O'Neill in the original.

Comment

Originally posted by PacoJr67 View Post
                              well to give Telford some credit, imagine having that kind of pain thrust upon you without warning, although, he may have pushed Young's body too far too fast.. I do like the contrasting leadership styles. Soldier (and Civvies too) oriented vs. task oriented (at least as we've seen so far)
                              I'd like to say that was the reason Telford behaved that way, but to be honest I think the pain was the same. I remember waking up from surgery and you all of a sudden become aware of the pain. Young regained awareness and would have felt like Telford did in the first few minutes of becoming aware of horrible pain.

Comment

Working...
                              X